Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    If Sam is 40, then her mom unless having her before 18, would be at least in her 60's or older. I had my daughter at 23 and she's 24 now so that's 25 years difference. So it doesn't rule Sally out
    But if it was a flashback to when Sam was a teen and her mom was still alive she'd have to be someone between 35 - 40.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      It's interesting that I haven't see anyone mention AT playing Sam's mother. She'd be the right age right now. And since she'd proven that she can do 'double screen' type things so well, playing a variety of very distinct Sams.... I think she'd do an amazing job of playing 'Mom Carter' and making Mom a very distinct character separate from Sam ('real' and AU's).
      As far as acting, AT could pull off playing Sam's mom. They could give her a different look. But I'm afraid of the bad wig they'd give her. (shudders)

Comment

oh yeah, i don't doubt at's ability to playher mom...but you know that's such a copout. I'd like sam's mom - to please get a name - and to be someone who's not sam
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay , sorry to intrude a second time here but... I need something. And I know you all can help me because you're the best what concerns Amanda/Sam in here!
          Anyway, you remember a con from a few years back where Amanda was holding a baby? I remember seeing pics and even videos but I can't seem to find them anymore. So if anyone have a pic or video it would be great if you could pass them.
          Thanks

PS: my green jello is waiting for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            But if it was a flashback to when Sam was a teen and her mom was still alive she'd have to be someone between 35 - 40.
            Yeah, exactly! That's what I was thinking would happen.

Though I did read a novella of a fic where Sam's mom wasn't really dead, and if I remember correctly she was actually
            Spoiler:
            some psychotic, intergalactic terror
            - which would be, ya know, interesting in the grand scheme of things these days.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Yeah, exactly! That's what I was thinking would happen.

Though I did read a novella of a fic where Sam's mom wasn't really dead, and if I remember correctly she was actually
              Spoiler:
              - which would be, ya know, interesting in the grand scheme of things these days.
              Oooh. That would be interesting.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Sounds rather
                Spoiler:
                Alias-like
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                  Sounds rather
                  Spoiler:
                  Alias-like
                  It was pretty out there, but well-written. I wish I could remember the author and/or title, but it was soooo long ago. And I say "out there," because yeah, it was like Alias now that you mention it (though I think it was published before that particular arc came about in that series), and it was kinda far away from the boundaries of Stargate canon.

Still... interesting concept.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Sounds rather
                    Spoiler:
                    Alias-like
                    It also sounds rather
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala-like.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                      It also sounds rather
                      Spoiler:
                      Vala-like.
                      LOL!
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        It also sounds rather
                        Spoiler:
                        Vala-like.
                        LOL! Nope. Vala's not malicious, vengeful or cruel (imo) - at least not in the evil sense. And this particular character had it all.

Spoiler:
                        Think Hathor, Osiris and the Destroyer of Worlds, with a little RepliCarter mixed in for good measure
                        But those are just typical villain characteristics. Pretty scary.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG

Flashbacks? DOH! I missed that somewhere.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Think Hathor, Osiris and the Destroyer of Worlds, with a little RepliCarter mixed in for good measure
                            Ok, I think I'm in love...
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              Flashbacks? DOH! I missed that somewhere.
                              jolinar's memories? i always figured sam was about 13 (though that's when my dad died, so i'm baised) wher her mom died. so her mom would probably have been 30-40s. i don't know wh,y but i always pictured her more as an arts person. maybe played piano or guitar, just to round it out a bit. Lizlovei know exactly what you're talking about...i just don't know where i put it. looking...
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                jolinar's memories? i always figured sam was about 13 (though that's when my dad died, so i'm baised) wher her mom died. so her mom would probably have been 30-40s. i don't know wh,y but i always pictured her more as an arts person. maybe played piano or guitar, just to round it out a bit. Lizlovei know exactly what you're talking about...i just don't know where i put it. looking...
                                I keep thinking how interesting it is that the little girl actually looks like Sam/AT. When I first saw it however long ago, I was skeptical. But now, after seeing it a billion times, she does kinda look like her.

Comment

Working...
                                X