Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    there are no confirmed rumors of actors leaving beyond fan speculation

AT will be on atlantis an unknown number of episodes, likely late in the season, MS will be in only 16 eps

as to shutting it down, well there is also the very vague rumor from a german magazine that interviewed Joe M, where he made mention of a third incarnation

thus we can draw the conclusion that MAYBE, the 'feature movie' may be the pilot for a new show

and given the slavish devotion that skiffy, et al seems to have for all things vala, ben and puppets....i personally doubt that any of the original three will feature in it beyond passing the torch

but my glass is usually half empty, so take it for what you will
    Me thinks said torch won't burn for very long
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Me thinks said torch won't burn for very long
      They could always douse it with water first. Extinguish it and save time.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

(snip)

Same rules for this round. Send your votes to Skydiver via PM. Voting will last all the week.
        All my thanks to Skydiver for counting the votes.
        *this* voting thinger was really hard!

but i voted.

sent to skydiver.

goodbye.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

*Thinks about robbing bank, but would probably be robbed afterwards by psycho shipper Sal *
          hey!

thinks... nods

but i'd do it in a loving way!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mgeek
            (what a neat idea though, thus solidifying that RDA and AT are indeed great pals)

Indeed, I would love to see them work together on another project sometime
            i LOVE knowing that they're such good friends!

and i'd LOVE to see them do another project together!! i'd watch them watching us watching them...

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL, Sal - what was it Oooberness once said to me? (to paraphrase): "I'd watch AT watching paint dry in a small room."

Gal's got skillz, baby.

PS Sal - I love the new avatar!!!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i LOVE knowing that they're such good friends!

and i'd LOVE to see them do another project together!! i'd watch them watching us watching them...

sally

I too would love to see RDA and AT working together in another show, movie, stage or ... cartoon. They do seem to be good friends! I think they both share a love for The Simpsons.
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 10 April 2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Yup. That's one of the reasons I've never been to a con before. I couldn't rationalize in my head the notion of "paying" to meet an actor. Of course, after having virtually corresponded with people here online and making friends, I can completely see the desire to meet those friends "in person" at a like-minded event. That's just FUN. And the charity portions of GABIT are for great causes, which makes them appealing. I won't lie, I'm looking very forward to seeing Amanda Tapping in person at GABIT2. I am. Maybe it's just because (to me), $10,000 is a lot of money, and I couldn't see spending it on the chance to "have lunch" with someone. Whereas, a couple hundred dollars to meet real friends and (tangentially) attend an event, essentially 'hosted' by someone I admire, I look at differently. I don't know. But you're right, Tracy. Totally. Each his/her own! If I had millions of dollars, paying $10K to have lunch would probably seem like $10, and given it was for charity, I might not even blink at it from a personal integrity POV, either.
                  let's see... having lunch with AMANDA TAPPING and RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON, or hanging out with a bunch of weird internet ppl i talk to online...

who the hell needs friends when you can spend time with AMANDA TAPPING and RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!?!?!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    let's see... having lunch with AMANDA TAPPING and RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON, or hanging out with a bunch of weird internet ppl i talk to online...

who the hell needs friends when you can spend time with AMANDA TAPPING and RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!?!?!

sally
                    D'oh! You're right Sally. What was I thinking?!?!

Sorry about that. Must have gone temporarily insane there for a few hours. Phew.

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      just a reminder to pm or e-mail your votes to me.

if you post them in the thread, i will lookfor them, but in my pm box they're easy to spot

and i am bad about replying, i just tally tehm and move on, just so that you know
                      I've Pm'd you with my vote Sky.
                      I chose ITLOD.
                      It was such a close decision between In the Line of Duty and Matter of time. They are both probably two of my most favourite episodes.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Since it's a movie, I'm hoping it will be the original four (sorry no newbies) but that's just my wishful thinking
                        (given the ratings I'd hope they would think so too)
                        Oh, yes! It has to be!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          LOL, Sal - what was it Oooberness once said to me? (to paraphrase): "I'd watch AT watching paint dry in a small room."

Gal's got skillz, baby.
                          Oh yeah!

Hey, Foothold is on right now. Great Sam ep "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" Hee hee
                          Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                          Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            I've Pm'd you with my vote Sky.
                            I chose ITLOD.
                            It was such a close decision between In the Line of Duty and Matter of time. They are both probably two of my most favourite episodes.
                            I couldn't decide between the two ... so I voted for both. Hopefully Sky won't kill me.

Comment

i counted them both...but i gotta tell ya, when i've got 13 votes for 3 eps, folks that vote for two really do nothing to choose the winner....they just up em both by one, thus cancelling them out
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

As for giving away money to meet an actor, I'm sure I have differing views about it than most. My feeling is even if your heart is in for the wrong reasons, so what? Most Amercians businesses and citizens donate money to charities simply as a write off for their taxes. So how is this any different? It's not as if most are backing charities that they truly have a strong belief in or that they are willing to give up their own personal time to help out, which RDA and Amanda are doing. They are simply giving money to the charity they feel they can trust. Also, if someone was doing a raffle for charity and one of the prizes was to meet Amanda and RDA and it only cost a dollar, would anyone seriously pass up a chance of meeting them? So whether it's a dollar or $20,000 dollars, if you can afford it and it's something you are interested in, I say go for it because in the end RDA/Amanda are giving of themselves in order to raise as much money as possible for the charity and by bidding on the lunch you are helping them raise money so it's a win-win situation for everyone in my opinion.

Kat
                                if i had the money, i'd SOOOOOOOOO do this! amanda and rick are my fave ppl on this planet (after my family of course ), so... whether this money was going to charity or not, i'd still pay to have lunch with amanda and rick.

i don't have the money...

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X