Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Guy in background: Ah geez they're at it again, we'll never get out of here today!
    Love that one!
    Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
    The Strongest Will Survive!
    I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
      So what FLAVOUR is the famous blue jelly? I think it's......blue berry.
      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
      The Strongest Will Survive!
      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
        So what FLAVOUR is the famous blue jelly? I think it's......blue berry.

I think it must be blueberry jelly. Either that or it's the same flavour as those blue Smarties - whatever that is!
        scarimor

Comment

Pretty sure it's "Blue Raspberry". That seems to be the flavor of all "blue" concoctions of the Jell-O and Koolaid varieities.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Even if the boys did square it in the end in Ascension. There was still a period of time where Sam was dismissed with a 'yes, dear, go knit something'.

Daniel did get treated a bit of the same way...but he was only locked up in the nuthouse when he reallly went crackers. Sam, from the beginnnig, was told she was working too hard

I would think that there would have been some fallout simply because, well i know I'd be ticked off
            I think the difference between the two was Sam was saying their was an alien in her home. Given their line of work, that really isn't a very shocking/crazy/unusual thing for her to say. They'd certainly seen some really strange things in their travels.

Daniel, on the other hand, was having hallucinations, acting erratically, and showing signs of delusions.

I think a better Sam/Daniel situation comparison would be Sam's claims abour Orlin and Daniel's claims about having gone to another reality in "There but for the Grace of God". Danny made, from their perspective, a pretty wild claim-that he'd been to alternate universe. But it didn't take them long at all to believe him. Sam, iirc, was the first to see that what he was saying could really have happened.

Even when the team were questioning what had really happened to Daniel they stayed with him, they continued to talk to him about what had happened. And even without him being able to offer any proof, they quickly came to believe him and hijacked the Stargate on his word alone.

Compare that to how they treated Sam. They dismissed her claims entirely. They sent her home for 'rest'. They forced her to get a psych eval. And when Sam tried to talk to Jack about Orlin coming back, he couldn't get away from her fast enough. To me that wasn't supportive at all.

Comment

And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
              Here in Ohio we call it Jam if it has fruit in it, and Jelly if it's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Jack did back her up in the end about authorizing her to gather information, even though he hadn't exactly given her an order in that regard.
                Ah yes, but it took Simmons revealing the fact that they had seen Orlin, for Jack to finally back her up - up until then he was blowing her off, no matter how hard she tried to convince him - on top of that Janet didn't believe her either.. The only saving grace was when Jack and Tealc came to her house with pizza, I think Sam was really touched about that - but - I think that she still would be hurt by the fact that none of her friends believed her, despite the fact they had certainly run into all sorts of strange alien beings, including ones who can be invisable, [the Nox]...

Comment

I think it must be blueberry jelly. Either that or it's the same flavour as those blue Smarties - whatever that is!
                  I think it must be blue berry. been sitting here pondering if there could be another possibility. cant think of any. and i love blue smarties. actually i love any chocolate. im a chocoholic. ah well.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Foreversg1
                    Well I can tell you in our group of 70+ Gateworlders who attended the GW dinner on Friday night, there was no more than a handful of men in the group. I would think the female/male ratio has to be at least 4 or 5:1 at the very least and the women tend to spend huge sums of money too. I think the numbers at Gabit last year were more like 8 or 10:1 if not higher.
                    Hmmm... As Sky said, you'd think they'd care more about the disposable incomes of the forgotten demographic. Still, as a college student, I've gotta admit that there's something to be said about how ready and willing college students are to spend their money. I mean, look at iPods, for crying out loud. You've got a massive percentage of students on loans, grants and the like, yet they'll break their necks to buy a $500+ iPod. It's not a crime of course. Spend your money however you like, I say. It's just... interesting.

I'm sure if statistics were studied at length across the board of the many, many fandoms across the world, you'd see a trend of women being in the majority. Oddly enough, the old stereotype of a hardcore trekkie was a geeky guy, which perhaps is where this has all come from... But since times have changed, you'd think they'd be willing to change as well - especially when an extra buck or two is on the line.

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                    This is not directed at anyone in particular but with all the talk of trying not to be negative about the show ot other characters, etc., and what AT may, or may not, want to read and how she might feel about it, I would think that AT might be more upset at reading discussion of her miscarrigaes, etc., on this thread more so than stuff about how fans think the new characters negatively affect the show, Carter and the other characters - that's just me though.
                    OK, this negativity subject has been discussed ad infinitum, but I have to say that I agree that the discussions of AT's personal life should forever be a no-no. To me, talking about the kind of stuff bink mentioned (like the miscarriages) is very, very, VERY personal, yet it's discussed here without an issue being raised. I know AT's mentioned it in interviews and at a con or two. She essentially opened the door, one could argue. But it tends to be brought up here every now and again as well. I'm just not sure how often she - or maybe even anyone else who's gone through it - would like to be reminded of it.

Comment

And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
                      for us, Jelly is stuff made from fruit juice only while Jam or Preserves have chunks of cooked fruit in it

strawberry Jam is to DIE for.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it's a matter of how her miscarriages were discussed. In this case, it came up as a natural part of the conversation. One person said that she was pregnant during resurrection, someone else said that not, you're a year off and the another replied 'no, i'm not, she lost it'

simple facts. Facts that she did make public on her website.

Now delving deeper??? that's a no-no.

That's jsut like....speculating if AT is a mama bear with her baby. fine to mention. but if someone comes in here and says 'oh, she actually acts like this and posts pics that they snapped in a mall without her permission? Big, honkin, MASSIVE nono (as in get your tush banned nono...well moderated at least)

Making her personal life a vital part of this thread is not gonna happen, but it will be mentioned. and as long as it's just a mention, and it's not going beyond what's public knowledge, it'll still fit within the rules

Just as, should she ever post a picture of olivia on her official site, as long as she's released it, have fun. But if it's not officially endorsed, it's not allowed her.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Oh that's right someone asked her if she had picked out names for any future children. I remember her saying there was a boy's name she really liked. I'm thinking it was Nicholas, but that's probably wrong. Then she said there was always Jack, Daniel, Teal'c... and APOPHIS! rofl The woman is a hoot. Someone really needs to put her on SNL or Comedy Central.
                          In case no one mentioned it, the name she really likes for a boy is Benjamin. Although..I like Ba'al!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            In case no one mentioned it, the name she really likes for a boy is Benjamin. Although..I like Ba'al!
                            Benjamin Nicholas Ba'al... Wow.

Hey are there official con reports on anyone's site? I can't seem to find in-depth ones on GW... I'm specifically looking for Sunday, even though you guys have given a lot of detail here.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              As with names mentioned before can you just hear it Apophis stop beating up Ba'al!
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                isn't it priceless???

and doesn't he have the skinniest legs????
                                Yes he does, but he's still hotter than Pete!

Oh, to keep this on topic...even Amanda agreed with me.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X