Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Thankyou for everyones words of support.

From my perspective I am still appalled that our posts were taken and put up on the front page of Gateworld without even a pm. Though Darren did an excellent job of reporting the facts - and I still stand by them. The context Amanda delivered them in is totally lacking. I myself communicated this to Darren straight away and said that Amanda could get lambasted for this. I thought I did a fair job in posts on the thread on sunday evening to put her announcement into a little context. But with an announcement on the front page AT is bound to take some flack from TPTB over this and I for one am mortified about it.
    Coley - stop it right there. You and the other Samandan GABIT attendess did nothing wrong. It was the jumping to conclusions that is the "negative". You all just reported what she said, nothing more. You didn't put words in her mouth or in ours. As someone else here said, we ran with the info and jumped to conclusions without hearing all of the story - meaning TPTB's side (meaning RCC and the writers/producers of the show and not the great "SS" {aka Sony/Skiffy}). We only had Amanda's side.

I am also very upset that Amanda actually said in her news release that this was a negative thing to come out of GABIT. Which fimly lays the blame with us in her eyes. From the front page news it looks like wee trotted off to Darren and spilled a story and I am heartbroken that Amanda may think we have done this - totally heartbroken.
    Since Amanda didn't say "Those Samandan GABIT attendees did it" I'm not going to allow you or any other Samandan GABIT attendee to take the blame for the rumor. You all were not the only ones to attend or spread the word about her comments. You all merely posted them...fans took it and ran with it and turned it into a full blown rumor.

Amanda is gracious, kind, thoughtful and patient, she was just wonderful at the con and very open in her discussion (a number of things we haven't posted here) I just feel awful that she thinks that we have just trotted out of the con and straight to Darren to get a story out it is all very distressing indeed.
    I seriously doubt she thinks that at all, so you all need to STOP BLAMING YOURSELVES for the rumor. I think a major portion of those here would happily take the blame for you all. I know I would.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I sincerely hope all the Gabiteers are not feeling bad about posting the news from this weekend!! It sounds like AT was responding to those rumors about her not coming back next year because of another series. She was telling us she had every intention of signing her contract and coming back to SG-1 and possibly some episodes on Atlantis. I don’t think this is in any way negative toward those original posts from Gabit to Samanda. I have reread the original breaking news and I don’t think you should feel bad at all!! I am astounded at all the out pouring of love and support that flooded in for Amanda across the board and not just in this thread. Yes many of us were frustrated and upset. If we didn’t care about the character/actor then there would not been the support that was shown this weekend. Something I have never seen before. I can only hope that any and all positive support that is, has and will be shown to AT will show her and TPTB that she and Sam are loved, not just by her fans, but also by general fans of the show.

On another note I started posting here about the time the now famous book was just being polished and printed. So while I am relatively new here, I found this tread to be positive and considerate of others, yes at times we do air our complaints and disappointments in some aspect of the show. As I have mentioned in another posts now many pages back that there are many people with varying opinions that subscribe to this thread, and we all get along because of our love and support of the one thing we have in common AT/Sam. That is probably why I frequent this thread more then any other. CG, Kat, and Coley, although, I do not know you except through your posts, sigs and poems, you seem to me to always hold true to the motto of this thread: Hic Comitas Regit. I for one am thrilled that you were able to meet AT and be representatives of this thread! So please please do not feel responsible or bad for anything you think you may have done. All the other Gabiteers that have posted or will be posting more about your awesome weekend I look forward to it and greatly appreciate it, because this is as close to being at a con as I will get, unless one comes a little closer to home.

Comment

Strix, tried to green you for the green you just gave me...woulda pm'd, but I didn't see that option. Thanks for the green and don't worry about me. I'm good. Feel free to pm me if you like and I'll 'splain.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          LOL ... I knew that DDL line was gonna hurt your sensitive shippy heart! Oddly enough, it didn't draw too vocal a response from the audience. It did draw laughter because Amanda can really work a story - facial gestures, body movements, and she painted quite a scene of their bouncing back and forth across the room, trying to stay on their mark! It was funny and you can tell that she and David have become friends.
          okay. thanks.

(distancing self from the icky poopiness of it all)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
            I didn't know you could read my mind! You nailed it. This whole thing is so confusing and so twisted...it's hard to know what I'm thinking at times let alone how I would like AT and TPTB to handle it. Gosh, I need a cold shower or something.
            well, i have another thing to add to my 'i'm confused/conflicted' list...

*but i think i want amanda to leave sg1 permanently because i'm *dreading* seeing what the show will be like next season with vala being a permanent member of this show. i don't want the entire season to be like 'the ties that bind'.

there, done with whine number one for the night.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I need details, people! Details!!

Comment

As the news from Amanda comes in I have to say I have mixed reactions. First I have to say that I have loved watching SG-1 ,my favorite show, for a long time and when rumors floated around last season about being cancelled it seemed more real as RDA was leaving and I panic (much to my family's amusement). Now watching the first part of season 9 I have to say I am more frustrated with the way the Sam character as been written (the leadership issue among others). The contract negotiations involve Sam going to Atlantis. It has nothing to do with the show Atlantis, for me it has more to do with how they will split Sam between the two. Will she play an important role or will she just hang out in the back with Teal'c (poor CJ love him too) while the other characters are being developed. No I don't want all Sam all the time. I love the team chemistry. I love the shows when all the members contribute equally. I also, don't want Sam to show up on screen for ten minutes to explain the science of something and then disappear (while I like the ScienceSam I want to see other aspects of the character too). That said I have all the confidence in AT. I hope TPTB are able to pull this off and do justice to AT and all the actors for both shows. I will support and watch any and all shows AT is involved with.

Now I'm off to sleep. Night all.

Comment

I wrote this poem congradulating Amanda on her newest edition in her family, awhile ago. Hope all of you like it, it is meant to be cute. Oh and all the guys don't be offened (sorry), only playing on the fact that she had a girl and not a boy. It was fun to write thou.

Here it is.......

Congratulations on your baby,
                  Hope she becomes a pretty nice lady.
                  We know she will bring you joy,
                  Because she is not a little boy. (Sorry Alan!!)

Little girls are always sweet,
                  But little boys have smelly feet.
                  Boys chase bugs and squirrels,
                  And never be as sweet as wonderful girls.

Girls can be strong like Sam,
                  But not as dense as a man. (Like Jack)
                  Girls can have class and wit,
                  Boys will get frustrated and throw a fit.

Hope she says something cute and makes your day,
                  But little boys would have something stupid to say. (Sorry again Alan!!)
                  You can dress her in fancy dresses,
                  But little boys will just make messes.

Hope that she will make you happy,
                  Just as long as it isn’t too sappy. Yeah right, it better be!!
                  All in all she is everything to you in the world,
                  And in your heart she will be twirled.
                  Stargate Pants Girl
                  (a.k.a. Teryl's Pants Girl)
                  Mak tal shree! Lo tak meta satak Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                    ChopinGal,

Thanks so much for the reports from Gabit. AT sounds like a lot of fun and very personable. When you get a chance to catch your breath, I'm hoping you or any of the other Gabit attendees can remember if AT talked about Season 9 at all. I'm especially interested (and I'm sure a lot of other people are as well) in if she addressed the command issue! Thanks.
                    oh, shards, don't worry, i'm sure mitchell will be leading sg1 (and the science dept) by the end of season 9.

*rubs pulled snark muscle*

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                      New poll on the main page. Vote your preference.
                      i can't. i haven't made up my mind.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        Just me, but I think it is okay to express reservations, doubts, and even criticism of things with which you don't agree. You know, I email my political representatives all the time, too. If I was calling TPTB a bunch of rat *******s, I agree it's out of line, and maybe I have stepped over that line in the past, I don't know. It certainly wasn't intentional. But if I tell my congressman that I think his piece of legislation stinks because of x,y, and z reasons... is that bashing him? And I don't think it's bashing him to tell him I don't like the way he votes, either, because that can have an effect on my life (just as the decisions made by TPTB can affect my viewing pleasure of the show).

Also, (and I'm not entirely sure this really relevant, but I'm going to toss it out there, anyway) when I refer to "TPTB" I mean it in a very generic sense. From the writers, producers, up to the suits at Skiffy and Sony... I apply it to the people responsible for making decisions, whomever that may be. It's a given that I don't honestly know who is ultimately responsible, so "TPTB" it is. So when I hurl my criticisms at TPTB, I don't have a specific person or target in mind. I would hope that anyone reading it would be able to distinguish whether or not the complaint was legitimate and applied to them directly and blow it off if it didn't.

But my main point is, I don't think expressing disagreement with something or someone always constitutes bashing, and sometimes I wonder if people (not implying you, SunKrux) confuse the two. I don't want this thread to become someplace where it's not acceptable to post a complaint or criticism.

I am far more sensitive to the issue of negativity in general. Criticism by nature is negative, and I can appreciate that people can tire of that. Tsaxlady has expressed her dismay at the negativity on the thread recently, and I can totally appreciate that. I do apologize for adding to it; I know I am guilty of that. But I think skydiver and others do a really good job of distracting us when things get really out of whack. We're all going to have good days and bad days, and sometimes negativity will permeate the thread and get everyone down. But then Chopingal will chip in with a poem, or the Royal Accountant will break out the gin, and we'll have a party.

There's a lot going on in the fandom right now, and people are going to have mixed reactions. Name-calling is never okay, but I think it's okay to vent a little and go on the occasional rant. Just my tuppence, for whatever it's worth.

thank you, strix. my thoughts exactly.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

However, the fact that our posts seem to have hurt Amanda, I cannot reconcile. I will try to make amends to her directly and will be writing for Coley, Tone, and Kat.

I am sorry that this unfortunate turn of events ever took place and I hope that Amanda will not judge Samanda by what we seemed to have done wrong but by our sincerity of heart and our love for her which have been expressed consistently and ardently on this thread.

Peace, CG
                          cg, where did you get that you 'hurt' amanda? she might have been talking about the fan debating (which turns to fighting) than anything else. i think you're being too hard on yourself.

(((chopingal))))

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Dear Samandans…

I know it has been a long time since I last visited our beautiful land, and I very much regret that, and wish to the heavens I could make it here more often…. But alas, life is STILL against me…

Though I would love to tell you all everything about my adventures lately… but I’ll just say that I was selected to go on the first tryout of a new course of my army type thing. This course was designed to be super hardcore most challenging course you could do, and about… 11 people were selected to go on it. Out of all of us, I was the only one to pass *is so proud* They want me to come back the next time they do the course and be one of the Officers supervising/evaluating/wreaking havoc at their camp sites at 3 in the morning *very psyched*

However, the main reason for my visit... I’m sure you can all guess that yes, it’s about the whole situation that’s sprung up since GABIT. I’d just like to address this message to dear Chopin Gal, and the other Samandans who attended the con… I’ve been reading quite a few of the posts lately regarding the upheaval of rumours sprung from Samanda, and that some of you are feeling veeery worried that you’ve betrayed Amanda’s trust, and that she might in some way have got a bad impression of Samanda over all.

I just have to say I don’t think that is true at ALL. There were hundreds of people at the convention, and I don’t think anyone is going to point a direct finger and say it was YOU who made all these rumours come up, it’s all Samanda’s fault! We are simply one thread amongst thousands out there. Granted we might have been some of the first to report what was heard, it doesn’t mean that any of you, or Samanda, is responsible for people’s interpretations or opinions regarding it. I’ve seen many people on other sites posting about the contract news. As Uber has said, we are all passionate about what we love and respect, and yes, sometimes jump to conclusions. But also people have noted that we’ve had many new visitors since the news come to Samanda to post their opinions. People who’ve never been to Samanda have gone on a Joe Malozzi’s Blog posting spree. Many people took the news their own way, and along the way it seems to have been twisted into things like “Amanda won’t be in season 10!” and such. That is something that affects ALL of the Stargate world, including the people who don’t like Sam, or don’t care, or whatever. It has been a complete collaborative uproar that’s caused the rumours to come about, not at ALL the reports of 3 or 4 innocent con-goers.

I also don’t believe that Amanda thinks its Samanda’s fault. Yes, she’s heard about us a few times now and knows we were at GABIT, but as has been said, she openly announced these issues for the public, and she’s not stupid, she’s knows things like that get around. I don’t think any of us expected the lightning speed of it all, and that the speed is a big factor in the problem. People have jumped instantly to crazy conclusions, and in the heat of a moment many have said things that were, yes, very heated. Amanda has had experience in fans going crazy over a tiny little thing that they’ve blown up to huge proportions. There’s no way she could be thinking “Omg, those few people from that place Samanda… they must have started this whole entire thing and told everyone that there’s this huge problem going on and bla bla” Just think about it, I hope you realize how ridiculous it sounds… Yes, I admit she might have the idea that we had something to do with the news, but you’ve all met her now, and know she is not a malicious person. She’s not going to take up a grudge against Samanda on a possible idea that we spread news of something she said at a Con.

I can understand how, with all the emotions raging about right now, you might over-react and think it's your fault... Hopefully things will calm down and then you'll realize that it was just heat of the time that created these thoughts.

This is just some of my thoughts on this whole thing, I hope I’ve helped even a tiny bit… Just seriously think about how silly it is that Amanda, the most caring, understanding generous person in the world would point a finger at a few individuals and say “You started something I don’t’ like, you betrayed me, I don’t like you now.” I just don’t think it’s in her nature to do such a thing!!!

I know my opinion isn’t as good as actually finding out what she really thinks about all this, but hopefully we’ll find out, and if not… trust me, people have done a LOT worse things than talking about convention news!!! She doesn’t blame you GABIT’eers personally… I just know it. If there’s anything I can do to ease your minds, please tell me and I’ll try my best! You’re my “subjects” and when such a huge thing is going on in our Kingdom… well it’s my job to look after you all!!

I sincerely hope that we can all come to peace with the news, hopefully find out the REAL truth, and finally be able to relish in the fantastic moments i've heard happened at GABIT. The point of the weekend was to have a wonderful time with an absolutely amazing person. It should be remembered with love and laughter, not guilt and fear and remorse.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GABIT'eers))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                            (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Samanda)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Madame President.
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

It's not your fault (or Kat's or Coley's or 1Speed's) for telling us what she said. We were, after all, begging you for news. You delivered. Okay, so maybe it's OUR fault for asking you to tell us about the con... But seriously, it's the people who read the con reports and drew their own conclusions who started the nuclear reaction. You shouldn't try to take all the blame for the actions of an entire fandom. And it has resulted in an impressive outpouring of support for Amanda and Sam, so maybe the cloud has a silver lining (that's hopefully not radioactive).
                              and it's not like amanda didn't expect the news to flow. she told you so you'd know what might or might not happen with sam/amanda in season 10. and you passed along the info. fans tweaked it from there.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                Dear Samandans…
                                OMG MajorSam posting here????

Comment

Working...
                                X