No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops sorry dark just put a SAm one up in this topic....my bad....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...92#post5116992

Well see how it goes and if it doesn't fly then it can be taken off.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      mmhm, well if he read and memorized all the mission reports, hten i'm sure he read a lot of

carter did
      carter saved
      carter thought up
      carter created
      carter
      carter
      carter
      And, of course:

carter figured out

and

carter blew up X

Gotta love a woman with all that talent.
      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
        Sam Carter broke the mold for a modern woman in the science fiction genre. She proved that a woman’s role is no longer one of “sidekick” or “damsel in distress.” She has stood up for what she believes in and played with the boys and won, without backing down, without using sex in some way, or not lying, cheating, or sleeping her way to get ahead.
        Absolutely right. TV - and the real world - could do with more people like Sam.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

dang straight we do!!!

People like Sam, women who 'get ahead' with their abilities, talents and intelligence will do far more to break the 'all women are manipulative sneaks that use sex to disarm the men' cliche that the boys use to dismiss and discount any and all females
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here'sa great little fic

http://sachi.arrr.net/blue.html

it's a foothold tag, sam pov...little rambly cause, you know, she is kinda sleep deprived

and one of the few foothold fic i've ever read

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              I'm not a fan of codec packs, since they will always install crap that you don't need. And sometimes that crap causes conflicts and other errors. Most of those codecs in that pack you'd barely ever use anyway. Xvid and Dvix are the two main ones you want, and install on demand if you come across any other codecs.
              AD is absolutely right (I was going to also reply but he already said it very well). Unless you know you want all the 'extras' that come with the pack, I'd only install codecs on a need-by-need basis.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

yeah, never know what malware or spyware gets bundled with stuff.

minimalistic is sometimes the best way to go

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  here'sa great little fic

http://sachi.arrr.net/blue.html

it's a foothold tag, sam pov...little rambly cause, you know, she is kinda sleep deprived

and one of the few foothold fic i've ever read
                  Sky, thanks for the fic rec - loved it.

Comment

You'll need the divx codec. Get it from here (just click download, you don't need to put in an email address)

I downloaded the divx codec, got the divx player, but the clips keep opening in Quicktime, and I still have no video. Any advice? I know nothing about these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      I downloaded the divx codec, got the divx player, but the clips keep opening in Quicktime, and I still have no video. Any advice? I know nothing about these things.
                      Deejay, the first thing you should do is reboot after installing the codec(s). Then, if you have the divx player installed, try opening that program up first and going through it's own file>open menu to find the video and open it manually (rather than double clicking it). That'll ensure it opens up in the right player for you.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Deejay, the first thing you should do is reboot after installing the codec(s). Then, if you have the divx player installed, try opening that program up first and going through it's own file>open menu to find the video and open it manually (rather than double clicking it). That'll ensure it opens up in the right player for you.
                        That worked, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Deejay, the first thing you should do is reboot after installing the codec(s). <snip>.
                          Yep, my eyes glossed over right about there...

Sorry, just hadda be a smartarse like usual.

I watched The Fifth Man last night and was really impressed by how AT played the scene with John DeLancie when she accuses Simmons of being user 4574. WOW. So impressed by how cool and calculating Sam was, and how AT played it perfectly. Overacted it could have been too melodramatic - the way it was done makes me admire the character of Sam even more.
                          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                            I watched The Fifth Man last night and was really impressed by how AT played the scene with John DeLancie when she accuses Simmons of being user 4574. WOW. So impressed by how cool and calculating Sam was, and how AT played it perfectly. Overacted it could have been too melodramatic - the way it was done makes me admire the character of Sam even more.
                            Oh yes she has a wonderful look of contempt, nicely understated and just perfect.
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                              to go with what MG said, Quicktime is probably associated with the .avi format. If you go to your Quicktime options, and find the file type association settings you can stop Quicktime from associating itself with .avi files
                              Also, you don't actually need that Divx player (I personally don't like it) - as long as you have the codec installed any decent media program capable of playing back .avi files will be able to play divx encoded files. Windows Media Player or Winamp will work fine

Comment

to go with what MG said, Quicktime is probably associated with the .avi format. If you go to your Quicktime options, and find the file type association settings you can stop Quicktime from associating itself with .avi files
                                Also, you don't actually need that Divx player (I personally don't like it) - as long as you have the codec installed any decent media program capable of playing back .avi files will be able to play divx encoded files. Windows Media Player or Winamp will work fine
                                Windows Media Player I think is the best I'm using Winamp for audio files only.

Comment

Working...
                                X