No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder. anyone that wants to participate in our Virtual Christmas Party, you have a week so sign up. I'll send out the list next weekend so that people will have time to get cards and get them in the mail

What i need from you is

forum name
    real name
    address

I'll add it to a list then send all the participants all the addresses, and then you send cards out to everyone on the list.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've read a couple of the 'Left on the Cutting Room Floor' fics and I've very much enjoyed them. I'll save further praise for when I actually know who folks are

Btw, this afternoon in a Tube station I noticed a man waiting for a lift who had dreadlocks so long they went past the small of his back. My first thought was 'how long has he been growing them, I wonder?'. The second was 'OMG, how much Sky would love him- not...'
      sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
        This is the reason that I can't make up my mind if I want to see it or not. Knowing Amanda, and being old enough to be her mum, I see her in a different light to most of you. I know she's acting, and I'm sure she does a great job of the part, but I'm not sure I'd like to watch her behaving in that way - especially with JR!

Kay aka Mumsey
        (Who saw Basic Instinct in the company of hubby and young adult offspring and nearly died of embarassment. Not at the film's content but at the company I was in. )
        That's why you watch it alone.

You'll completely forget that it's Amanda and you won't think of Sam. She does such a marvelous job of creating Liz.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          lol, she beat me to it

head on over to http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/ and check out the new ficathon fic. 'Left on the Cutting Room Floor' was the theme and the fic are to be 'missing scenes' of friendship between the two women that we didn't get to see.

the fic are up.

go
          read
          enjoy
          Yes I beat you too it, but you had a headstart with reading them, so not fair At least I read the first one, or last one...Depending on how you see things, and I didn't even forget to comment, cause I know in ficathons and nameless ficathons, comments are really nice to get or to read even Just sayin'

I can't wait to read the rest honestly, it started out great so I am hoping for more goodies

Yay yay yay I love fic, especially good friendship fic between Sam/someone else...atm Vala...

They really have a lot in common the both of them but also so many difference what makes this friendship great

Comment

Just a reminder. anyone that wants to participate in our Virtual Christmas Party, you have a week so sign up. I'll send out the list next weekend so that people will have time to get cards and get them in the mail

What i need from you is

forum name
            real name
            address

I'll add it to a list then send all the participants all the addresses, and then you send cards out to everyone on the list.
            Where's the post with the info on this Sky please? I'm so far behind on this thread.

Comment

the turkey's done, potatos peeled, apple salad made, iced tea made, stuffing ready to be made in an hour or two.
              table is set and we're just waiting for the clock to click arround to work on the rest

on and about STuck...you know i've sent copies to italy, bulgaria, england, scotland, wales, france, spain australia, new zealand, canada, various states from alaska to hawaii

the woman at the post office is certainly getting her training on international mail
              I received my copy, and I'd like to add my thanks to all involved with the distribution of the dvd.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                Where's the post with the info on this Sky please? I'm so far behind on this thread.
                a few days back i believe

What i'll do is collect folks addresses, then send a list of ALL the names to everyone that signed up, and those that signed up then send out a chrristmas card to everryone on the list.

Think of it like Chain Mail, just funner.

If 20 peopel sign up, then each person will need to send out 20 christmas cards, one to each person on the list

I've done this on other lists and it's fun because you get all these cool cards from all over the world.

and they certainly don't need to be expensive cards. Heck, some of the funniest ones are the cheapies you get 20 in a box. it's not the card that counts, per se, but the receiving of a card

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                  Yes I beat you too it, but you had a headstart with reading them, so not fair At least I read the first one, or last one...Depending on how you see things, and I didn't even forget to comment, cause I know in ficathons and nameless ficathons, comments are really nice to get or to read even Just sayin'

I can't wait to read the rest honestly, it started out great so I am hoping for more goodies

Yay yay yay I love fic, especially good friendship fic between Sam/someone else...atm Vala...

They really have a lot in common the both of them but also so many difference what makes this friendship great
                  one reason we're posting them anonymously is so that folks cna comment on the fic itself, not the author.

i participated in one ficathon that did it this way and really liked that the comments that you got were honest ones, not necessarily 'oh, i know her, gotta read her stuff'

I'm not saying don't wait. do whatever you feel like, i'm just saying the rationale behind posting them namelessly is to put all the fic on even footing

sigpic

Comment

gateworld has an interview with brad wright. here in an excerpt.

Spoiler:
                    GW: OK, good! Now have negotiations with Amanda commenced for next year? You think she's willing to negotiate for a second season on the show?

BW: I certainly hope she is. I don't want to make any predictions other than I know she's always been committed to Stargate and I know what it has done for her and what she's done for us. I can't help but think there's going to be a middle-ground that we'll be able to arrive at, and she'll continue to be part of the franchise in a big way.

does anyone think that amanda and the producers are trying to find a way of doing both atlantis and sanctuary, and that that is what brad is talking about?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

possibly

reading between the lines

Spoiler:
                      i think AT is willing to be a part of the show, but seems to have some demands/requirements. in other words, i don't think she's at their disposal. i think she's aware of her appeal to the franchise and is perhaps making things a bit more 'give and take' rather than 'you're an important employee'

at the end of the day, i want her to do what's best for her. if that's on atlantis, cool. if not, fine

sigpic

Comment

MGM's web site has finally updated the SG1 stills from S10 to include a few from "The Road Not Taken"

Here is one that I played around with a little

MGM Road Not Taken Gallery
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          Btw, this afternoon in a Tube station I noticed a man waiting for a lift who had dreadlocks so long they went past the small of his back. My first thought was 'how long has he been growing them, I wonder?'. The second was 'OMG, how much Sky would love him- not...'
                          This guy is a member of parliament here in New Zealand.

Spoiler:
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

What i'll do is collect folks addresses, then send a list of ALL the names to everyone that signed up, and those that signed up then send out a chrristmas card to everryone on the list.

If 20 peopel sign up, then each person will need to send out 20 christmas cards, one to each person on the list

I've done this on other lists and it's fun because you get all these cool cards from all over the world.

and they certainly don't need to be expensive cards. Heck, some of the funniest ones are the cheapies you get 20 in a box. it's not the card that counts, per se, but the receiving of a card
                            Not trying to be a wiseacre here, but if 20 sign up (including yourself), wouldnt only 19 cards get sent out? I know I'm not a whiz at math or anything but...

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                            MGM's web site has finally updated the SG1 stills from S10 to include a few from "The Road Not Taken"

Here is one that I played around with a little

MGM Road Not Taken Gallery
                            Ooh very nice! I love the hatch-mark look to the pic..gives it a very soft look I think. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Not trying to be a wiseacre here, but if 20 sign up (including yourself), wouldnt only 19 cards get sent out? I know I'm not a whiz at math or anything but...
                              Smart arse
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                HI EVERYONE
                                I had an interview today it went okay i was told that i should know by next friday if i s i have the job or not so i got my fingers crossed
                                And i realy wanna see STUCK from the pic's and the trailer that i saw it looks realy realy realy good
                                AMANDA TOTALY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
                                Good luck Julia!!!

i have a chihauhaha too. Sparky was supposed to be my mom's dog, but she brought it home and sparky spent her first day with me so kinda bonded iwth me.
                                so.....if Sam had a dog, what kind would she have and why?
                                I think Sam would probably have a cocker spaniel...or something like that...maybe a spoodle or a English staffy!!
                                Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                This is the reason that I can't make up my mind if I want to see it or not. Knowing Amanda, and being old enough to be her mum, I see her in a different light to most of you. I know she's acting, and I'm sure she does a great job of the part, but I'm not sure I'd like to watch her behaving in that way - especially with JR!
                                Kay aka Mumsey
                                (Who saw Basic Instinct in the company of hubby and young adult offspring and nearly died of embarassment. Not at the film's content but at the company I was in. )
                                Do what I did...watch it alone...it really is a fantastic movie..if the naughty scene freaks you out a bit then skip ahead...but I highly recommend it to everyone...not just Amanda fans but anyone who can appreciate that kind of drama.
                                Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Wow, Uber!! You certainly called this one
                                You heard it hear first! This post was made on March 15, 2005 and is on page 153, post 3046.
                                Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Unfortunately, another all-too-true prediction that came true
                                Wow...cool...so any predictions for the future anyone????
                                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                OMG look at all those goodies: http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/
                                and no time to read it now It can't be happening Oh well maybe tomorrow I can read at least one
                                Thanks Dee and Sky for organizing another nice ficathon with a lot of fics of the view of it Can't wait for it
                                lol, she beat me to it
                                head on over to http://community.livejournal.com/gate_women/ and check out the new ficathon fic. 'Left on the Cutting Room Floor' was the theme and the fic are to be 'missing scenes' of friendship between the two women that we didn't get to see.
                                the fic are up.
                                go
                                read
                                enjoy
                                Thanks Eve...thanks Sky...it's kinda scary really...I've bookmarked it for later...I have a party to go to tonight and some stuff happening tomorrow...I seriously can't wait til Monday!!
                                What i need from you is

forum name
                                real name
                                address
                                I knew there was something I forgot to do last night...thank for the reminder Sky!...I just emailed you...hope it worked!!
                                Yay, Yay, Yay....FUN!!!!
                                !
                                Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                gateworld has an interview with brad wright. here in an excerpt.
                                Spoiler:
                                GW: OK, good! Now have negotiations with Amanda commenced for next year? You think she's willing to negotiate for a second season on the show?
                                BW: I certainly hope she is. I don't want to make any predictions other than I know she's always been committed to Stargate and I know what it has done for her and what she's done for us. I can't help but think there's going to be a middle-ground that we'll be able to arrive at, and she'll continue to be part of the franchise in a big way.

does anyone think that amanda and the producers are trying to find a way of doing both atlantis and sanctuary, and that that is what brad is talking about?

sally
                                My thoughts on that...
                                Spoiler:
                                I think you may be onto something Sally...maybe Amanda would like a little more time off, or more opportunities to direct again, or more character development for Sam. Either way...I say good luck to Amanda...I hope she comes back...I can't imagine SG without her!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                This guy is a member of parliament here in New Zealand.
                                Spoiler:
                                Cool...we had to vote today...I would have voted for him if he was running down here...all our pollies are...weird!!!!
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Oh...you are a clever one...Celandine did the math...good girl!!!! That should save me from sending a card to myself!!
                                Sorry...too much beer...but beer tastes so niiiiice!!!! Should have waited til party started...oh well!!!...now hubby has to drive tonight...haha!!!

Gotta go...got to get ready for party...joy!!
                                Take care everyone, be safe and have fun!!
                                (((Samanda)))
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X