Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    well, we won't even start doing this until january at the earliest.
    just off the top of my head, submit prompts during jan, writer sign up is during jan, hand out the prompts in feb, fic due end of march
    just off hte top of my head dates, nothing even remotely solid.
    That almost sounds doable!!
    Thanks Sky!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

How much do I wish this is me right now! It's really really warm today!
      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

come over here

we had an ice storm this week, half an inch of ice on everything - trees, powerlines, etc. it finally got over freezing today so it all melted - or most of it. but the forecast is calling for 4-6 inches of snow possible starting tomorrow night
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
          http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k78/Spacegirlnz/amanda.jpg
          How much do I wish this is me right now! It's really really warm today!
          We're heading for a top today of 34C...which is 93.3F or 307.15 Kelvin...hehe...the geek in me has escaped...hehe!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

come over here

we had an ice storm this week, half an inch of ice on everything - trees, powerlines, etc. it finally got over freezing today so it all melted - or most of it. but the forecast is calling for 4-6 inches of snow possible starting tomorrow night
            Oh yay!! Snow!!! Woohoo!!
            Have you ever had a warm or hot Christmas??
            We've had scorchers....so hot the candles melted and the chocolates were liquefied!! We have dinner outside and wear summer dresses and singlets and thongs...we go camping and swimming...last year I wore jeans and a jumper for the first time on Christmas...no thongs either....thick woolly socks and boots and jackets...it was strange but a nice change...I'm kinda fond of my aussie Christmases...a white Christmas sounds like fun and sounds romantic and all but here we get to go outside and play and frolic in the sun....of course that can also lead to sunburn...but what the hey!!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              *sits back and relaxes since her's has been done for a while now.

*thwacks with a seasonably appropriate candy cane*

mmhm, and running off to read is why your secret santa isn't done

j/k
              that and I spent four hours playing Dungeons and Dragons this afternoon....heh

though...it is a lot more done now than it was this morning...despite the dungeons and dragons....don't panic Eve!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              We're heading for a top today of 34C...which is 93.3F or 307.15 Kelvin...hehe...the geek in me has escaped...hehe!!
              it was 3C or 37F in my bedroom yesterday morning when I woke up (I have a thermometer on my mobile phone...beat that for geekiness *g*)

I had to share this t shirt with you all...will be getting it for my mum for Christmas (soon as I get paid)...she is really going to love it and I think it is absolutely brilliant!
              http://www.zazzle.com/be_rational_ge...65227333029868
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

i think the warmest i can recall is 70's or 80's temp wise.

can't say we get white christmasses all that often, once every 5 y ears or so, but they occasionally happen
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

come over here

Maybe not that cold. Just some snow to play in would be nice. But it doesn't even snow in Kapiti in the middle of winter.
                  Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  Whoaaa! Does your house have air conditioning? It's 22C (about 74F) today and I'm hot. The weather would be fine if there was a bit more wind.
                  Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

though...it is a lot more done now than it was this morning...despite the dungeons and dragons....don't panic Eve!

it was 3C or 37F in my bedroom yesterday morning when I woke up (I have a thermometer on my mobile phone...beat that for geekiness *g*)

I had to share this t shirt with you all...will be getting it for my mum for Christmas (soon as I get paid)...she is really going to love it and I think it is absolutely brilliant!
                  http://www.zazzle.com/be_rational_ge...65227333029868
                  WOW! 3C!?!?!?! The living room in my old flat must have got somewhere close to that. It was often colder in the flat than it was outside.
                  i think the warmest i can recall is 70's or 80's temp wise.

can't say we get white christmasses all that often, once every 5 y ears or so, but they occasionally happen
                  You're lucky to get a white Christmas. It's something I really want to experience. But I think it'd miss the BBQ and the strawberries =D
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

what character you roll? i've never played pnp, because well I cbf lol, but I do enjoy the crpg dnd games. Pure Monk for me (no multiclassing)

Comment

WOW! 3C!?!?!?! The living room in my old flat must have got somewhere close to that. It was often colder in the flat than it was outside.

You're lucky to get a white Christmas. It's something I really want to experience. But I think it'd miss the BBQ and the strawberries =D
                      yup...I'm hardy *looks tough* and have really warm bedding!

And you should do at least one white Christmas some time...I am planning on doing at least one summer Christmas in my life...just for fun! And just cos it's white doesn't mean you can't BBQ *nods* my boss at work does a BBQ for us about once a month sitting in the snow...don't need coolers!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      what character you roll? i've never played pnp, because well I cbf lol, but I do enjoy the crpg dnd games. Pure Monk for me (no multiclassing)
                      this is crpg and pure monk ftw...I tried a Shadow Dancer/Monk multiclassing once, but it really sucked, so I am back to Pure Monk.
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

yup...I'm hardy *looks tough* and have really warm bedding!

And you should do at least one white Christmas some time...I am planning on doing at least one summer Christmas in my life...just for fun! And just cos it's white doesn't mean you can't BBQ *nods* my boss at work does a BBQ for us about once a month sitting in the snow...don't need coolers!
                        Hehe. Yay for warm bedding. I love my blankets =)

Lol to the BBQ in the snow. Do you sit there with the beers all shoved in the snow? That would be so cool!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Oooh Sunny's looking for a Christmas thwaping
                          Bring it on.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

*takes the now broken up candy cane and uses it in her hot cocoa

Thanks!

Well if you'd quit goofin' off you'd have it done by now!
                            Sure, blame the dungens and dragons for your procrastination.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Hehe. Yay for warm bedding. I love my blankets =)

Lol to the BBQ in the snow. Do you sit there with the beers all shoved in the snow? That would be so cool!
                              Well...not beers...we have to be really good at work for our boss to let us have beer but we do sit there with our cans of soda shoved into the snow. We take a shovel out and dig ourselves a 'snofa', tuck the cans into the snow and grill away.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              *takes the now broken up candy cane and uses it in her hot cocoa

Thanks!

Well if you'd quit goofin' off you'd have it done by now!
                              Sure, blame the dungens and dragons for your procrastination.
                              It's all their fault! I'm an unwitting pawn! I prefer to blame work for forcing me to cram all my fun into two days...(and what fun...waist deep powder baby)
                              sigpic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Ever since I went to Arizona for school, it hasn't felt like chirstmas until I fly home (a week from Saturday!) mostly because it's too freaking warm in Phoenix in December. Though California is a bit cooler than Arizona, there is still no snow and no below freezing weather, so it won't feel like Christmas for me until a week from Saturday.

If Sam visited her brother for Christmas, she would have the opposite problem - going froma winter wonderland to sunny SoCal.

How's that for bringing it back on topic!

Oh and I got two more cards today! Thanks Ames and helenmagnus23!

Comment

Working...
                                X