No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the 'hair down' one better simply because it shows the commander obviously 'off duty' but still being in the thick of things

i think it's the ultimate irony. the biggest cliche about sam is that she never goes home and is always at work...well now she's working at 'home' so she can't just take off for a weekend. she's on call 24/7
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i switched schools in 4th grade. And spent grade 5-7 trying desperately to fit in and i didn't.
      Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
      I don't think that he has... but i'm no expert on who she's acted with and haven't, all i know is that Alan was in an episode of Stargate as was her mum! only breifly though!
      I moved school in Grade 4 and went to another, started off alright... but then by my second year there I had no friends and kept getting into trouble...
      I actually contemplated not replying to these 2 posts because of the OT'ness of it but...I also changed school's but in grade 3 not 4...and it was hard...I think I had maybe 3 friends at the new school...a set of twins and another new girl...and the weird thing was, I was on crutches because I had broken my ankle playing soccer and they picked on me for that...where as at my old school even kids I didn't know where much more sympathetic...not that I wanted their sympathy but it never made sense to me why I was singled out like that...well that and the fact that I was chubby...not that much has changed but you know what they say...kids can be cruel...but I do believe it makes you a stronger and better person in the long run!!
      Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      Alan was in 'the changeling' He is the one going down from the pipe (don't know if that is the right word).
      And her mom was in the episode 'Affinity' When Pete ask her to mary him in the park...
      OMG...I knew about Alan but I didn't know about Amanda's mum...how cool is that!!! Awwww...she took her mum to work...yay!!!!!!
      Originally posted by tagger View Post
      Happy Birthday General David Niemi!!
      Aye...and ditto from me!!!
      Originally posted by Melora View Post
      I found a very nice Sam fic today that I thought some of you might like. It is about Sam’s adjustment to her new command in Atlantis. It was particularly refreshing b/c it is obvious that the author is not happy with the cast changes but still managed to treat all of the characters realistically and with respect. I also really like the way Sam’s transition is presented in the story. I would be thrilled if TPTB depict it in a similar way on the show. Needless to say, there are spoilers for SGA seasons 3 and 4.
      Terms of Resolution by mannaplowsk
      http://mannaplowsk.livejournal.com/1233.html
      Thank you...I have been trying to green everyone but my fridge is apparently empty...i spent too much green again...D'oh...thanks anyway!!!
      Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Yes Happy Birthday to our new resident streaker ah person who runs in out of the thread quickly
      Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
      I am the new resident streaker
      You know...Mandy has a way of making me do the most stupid stuff sometimes...and I love her for it...she's sooo inspirational like that!!...so when I read this I just had to post this picture I took at the Walhalla Cricket Ground...
      Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      OMG...Yay...that is a great pic of Sam...thank you tsax!!!!
      Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      Hi all
      Just a fly-by visit to drop off pressie...
      Latest Aftershock 'The Short Straw' which TAGs 'Shades of Grey.'
      The Short Straw
      Mild S/J ship.
      Thank you Rachel!!
      Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
      Some neat pic's at Scifi for SGA. I really like them but then I'm totally biased
      Forgive me if you have seen them already.
      http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ato/Sam/05.jpg
      http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ato/Sam/15.jpg
      http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ato/Sam/04.jpg
      Spoiler:
      Ooooh....now this one I hadn't seen before...how did I miss that??? Coolies!!! Thanks heaps sg gato!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Streakers enquire here....
        You have my attention....
        I fell on the floor giggling at that!!!!
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

You forgot to add the name in there chelle
          ..and I'm so glad I inspire you
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Going against the grain and saying I like the hair up pictures best.

Comment

so, streakers by appointment only. Hope they don't demand ID. that might be a bit hard
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i like the sam with her hair down one personally
                Me too!!! Me too!!!!!!
                Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Hehe... my sister and I used to leave key words out of sentences and still understand each other so we sort of had a twin language too. We also had a kind of slang/words that only we understood. Mum used to worry that we would never learn to talk to other people
                You don't have to be a twin to have that either...my brothers...both of them...and I had our own language of sorts...quite often we had to translate for our parents to know what we were saying...especially for Pip...him being the baby and all...but it was kinda cool!!
                i like the 'hair down' one better simply because it shows the commander obviously 'off duty' but still being in the thick of things
                i think it's the ultimate irony. the biggest cliche about sam is that she never goes home and is always at work...well now she's working at 'home' so she can't just take off for a weekend. she's on call 24/7
                IIRC...
                Spoiler:
                that ep is the one where the lose their memories of who they are...so she probably has no idea that she's the commander of the base and there fore just lets her hair down
                ...but man...I so love her hair like that!!!!!
                Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                Streakers enquire here....
                You have my attention....
                I fell on the floor giggling at that!!!!
                Mandy made me do it!!!!
                But yeah...we thought it was quite cool when we saw it!!
                Anyhoo...gotta choof...Niki's dance concert at camp starts soon so I have to go...back later!!!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I gotta go with I like the hair down, just for the simple fact that we've watched her for sooo long with short hair, well except for when 5th was messing with her, and the AU Sams.... It's just such a change, and looks great on her...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Mandy made me do it!!!!
                    Where have I heard that before
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      You forgot to add the name in there chelle
                      ..and I'm so glad I inspire you
                      Ooops...I have no talent for such things...I'll leave that to anyone else who wants to add names and such!!...you bring out the best in me...and the worst...and the goofy...and the weird...and the insane....
                      so, streakers by appointment only. Hope they don't demand ID. that might be a bit hard
                      I think they would rather you didn't tell them who you were...for liability purposes of course!! That and I don't think anyone would want to know where they keep their ID anyway!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

No, no I really *don't* wanna know where they keep their ids....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          Hehe... my sister and I used to leave key words out of sentences and still understand each other so we sort of had a twin language too. We also had a kind of slang/words that only we understood. Mum used to worry that we would never learn to talk to other people

The thing is, it's still a bit like that. I guess we just know how each other thinks... none of the weird supernatural crap that people think twins have... we just kind of think on the same wave length I guess. So we can leave key words and ideas out because we know the other one is already thinking it, so why state it? Then when we come to the same conclusion or whatever, people around us are left going "woah!"

So none of this weird twin ESP stuff that people talk about, we just think along similar lines.

For an extreme example... (spoilers for off topic)
                          Spoiler:
                          We were rehearsing for a show at high school once, and my sister was wearing an elastic bandage brace thingy on her knee and her white school sock pulled right up to it covering her lower leg. Which she definitely has. A bully looked at it and said something stupid like "do you have a fake leg?"

Marian looked a bit hurt and replied, "yes. I lost it in a car accident when I was 6. It's not something you should comment about like that."

This girl wasn't quite sure not to make of that, so she came over to me and asked (in the same horrible way) "Eileen, does your sister have a fake leg?"

For some reason I knew that for her to be asking like that, she had to have been fed a story by Marian so I said the first thing that popped into my frond... "yes. She was in a car accident when she was 6. You haven't said anything to her have you? She's really sensitive about it."

I don't know if this horrible girl was more freaked out by the idea of a fake leg or when she finally clicked that we had both come up with the same story on the spot.

Neep - Serves that bully right!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            I actually contemplated not replying to these 2 posts because of the OT'ness of it but...I also changed school's but in grade 3 not 4...and it was hard...I think I had maybe 3 friends at the new school...a set of twins and another new girl...and the weird thing was, I was on crutches because I had broken my ankle playing soccer and they picked on me for that...where as at my old school even kids I didn't know where much more sympathetic...not that I wanted their sympathy but it never made sense to me why I was singled out like that...well that and the fact that I was chubby...not that much has changed but you know what they say...kids can be cruel...but I do believe it makes you a stronger and better person in the long run!!

OMG...I knew about Alan but I didn't know about Amanda's mum...how cool is that!!! Awwww...she took her mum to work...yay!!!!!!
                            Yeah kids can deffinitely be cruel, but i guess its part of growing up and yeah it does make you a stronger and better person, and broken ankle ouch! I've never broken a bone! *touches wood* And i was all sporty at school, mostly, when it didn't involve team work because no one ever let me do anything if it was team wise, dodgy ya! But i was in the swimming and running clubs, a rider and manager in the HPV (Human Powered Vehicles) events. As you know, i have too much energy Hence why i love sport

And learn something new everyday huh Chelle? If i knew where the screen caps i had were saved i'd show you but for some reason i can't find them anywhere... they might be on one of the CDs i have somewhere...

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                            Going against the grain and saying I like the hair up pictures best.
                            Well i'm just different to everyone because i like her with short hair... i just have a thing about long hair... i don't like it as much! *shrugs* to each their own... Not saying you doesn't look good though, i just prefer short... after all its what i have!

Anyways, i've gotta go out for the afternoon, won't be back til later this evening, enjoy yourselves! Oh and btw, made two more banners, they are the same but slightly different!

Comment

Oh and Chelle... who needs to worry about what happened at School when you've got friends like this nowSpoiled for size and OT) ... Couldn't help myself though...
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Bye SmileyGidget...see you later
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X