Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    I was in pretty much the same situation. I was the fat little kid no one wanted to know but in high school there were so many different types of kids and outcasts so to say that I fitted in much better...I'm still close with 4 girls I met through high school...we're all still a little goofy but that's just us!!
    I recall hearing that Amanda herself was not one of the "in" crowd...that she would sit away from the popular girls...it so reminded me of my school years...and IIRC...Smiley had the same experience...but I think it makes us stronger and wiser people in the end.
    i switched schools in 4th grade. And spent grade 5-7 trying desperately to fit in and i didn't. i was a protestent in a catholic school, adn tried to fit in with the other dozen or so girls in the class. I wasn't welcomed and didn't play sports, so didn't have that to help.

then when i hit 8th grade i had a bit of an epiphany that no matter what i did, i'd never fit in, so to heck with them. I stoped trying to fit in and went through high school that way. I knew i'd never measure up to what others wanted me to be so i didn't try.

things were a lot nicer that way

I think sam took refuge in her studies. Learning was one consistent thing from school to school and i think that's what she devoted herself to. I honstly don't think she really formed friendships with folks until she was in the gulf and then at the sgc. I think, after the gulf, she realized that knowledge would only get her so far and that she needed to have a bit more in the acquaintance area, if her career was going to go anywhere.

I think that being on sg1, not having to fight to be accepted, allowed her to mellow out a bit and let her true personality shine through
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Back from being out and luckily there weren't a million posts to read back through, yay! And i dubt i woulda catch anything it being almost half past 3 in the morning here

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      An interesting thought. Do you know if AT's brother has ever acted with her (even briefly) or even just been on the set with her for the eps/movies she's been in?
      awe...this is wonderful! Your waay to hard on yourself. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to anything else you might whip out for us!
      I don't think that he has... but i'm no expert on who she's acted with and haven't, all i know is that Alan was in an episode of Stargate as was her mum! only breifly though!

And thanks... oh and didn't you know that a person is always their own biggest critic? It's a fact! And the second one i posted was better, not so pixulated, clearly, much more the way i like it! I'll haveta try make up some more then, now i've started!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I stared at Tempe for a few seconds thinking "that looks familiar... oh! Amanda Tapping!"
      I think it was kinda nerdy to pick up on that.

Ok, so I didn't find a good cap of Tempe, but trust me it's the same top
      I gotta agree with you, even from just seeing that tiny bit of the ther chicks shirt.... Amanda's deffinitely looks like its the same... heehee, that is so cool and good pick up, i wouldn't have got it!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i switched schools in 4th grade. And spent grade 5-7 trying desperately to fit in and i didn't. i was a protestent in a catholic school, adn tried to fit in with the other dozen or so girls in the class. I wasn't welcomed and didn't play sports, so didn't have that to help.

then when i hit 8th grade i had a bit of an epiphany that no matter what i did, i'd never fit in, so to heck with them. I stoped trying to fit in and went through high school that way. I knew i'd never measure up to what others wanted me to be so i didn't try.

things were a lot nicer that way

I think sam took refuge in her studies. Learning was one consistent thing from school to school and i think that's what she devoted herself to. I honstly don't think she really formed friendships with folks until she was in the gulf and then at the sgc. I think, after the gulf, she realized that knowledge would only get her so far and that she needed to have a bit more in the acquaintance area, if her career was going to go anywhere.

I think that being on sg1, not having to fight to be accepted, allowed her to mellow out a bit and let her true personality shine through
      Because my response is long-ish and very OT really it's put in as Spoilers:
      Spoiler:
      Hmmm, when I was at Primary School I was always getting in trouble, I never really had friends and you know what kids a like a new friend all the time, well I was trying so hard to have friends that I would go to such links that I’d hurt someone.... I’m not like that now though, if someone from Primary School saw me now they would be shocked...
      I moved school in Grade 4 and went to another, started off alright... but then by my second year there I had no friends and kept getting into trouble...

Eventually it was decided I had to see a councillor, so I started seeing one that came across from another school for me... and they decided I needed to see a psychologist to see if I had ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), probably also coz of the amount of energy I always had and still have so the day I had an appointment, I ended up getting in trouble for something and the teacher kept me back... even though it hadn't been me who had done what she said I did... *shrugs* Always happened... anyway... I stormed outta the room crying, mum saw walked into the principals office and said "She'll never be back here again" the next day I was at a new school, the school where the councillor worked. Anywho, I did end up seeing the psychologist and turned out I didn’t/don’t have ADD!
      They put my behaviour down to probably being the result of my parents divorce which was when I was 6 years old… so I just musta trying to understand and find my place… I dunno I was just a kid!

Hmm, as for High School… I just ran along with everything, left Primary School behind me and started off new… I had friends to start with but then as with all teenagers there are fights and friends become enemies and what not… So I was picked on and pushed around, learnt to control my anger and never took it out on people like I used too, sometime though, and sounds ridiculous now, I would hurt myself just to get rid of the anger, hit something, hit myself with something, life at home wasn’t easy either really… Mum and Step Dad ‘used’ to Always fight… didn’t help when I got stuck in the middle!

Anyway…in the end I gave up and just went ‘who cares what they think of me, I’ll just be who I am and they can deal with it’ so I did, I just was me and did what I wanted to do… I was a little crazy and out there and I guess that’s why people didn’t like me, I waved to almost anyone I saw, didn’t care if they waved back.. If I saw a group of people standing in a circle talking I would randomly run up and go ‘You put your right foot in, you put right foot out’ Normally got people laughing though… But yeah, I just went off and did my own thing, my art work, working in the canteen and just listening to music, that was what I did! And it got me through it fine!!

I think you are right with what you say about Sam at school… sounds about right to how the character is played… written! And I also agree, to start with it was all about trying to fit in, but now she’s just one of the guys type thing… and its great!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post

Yes, I think you'd have to be the same gender, though I wonder if they look pretty similar... I have boy/girl twins in my class, and I don't think they look *that* much alike. Even still, I keep calling them the wrong names. Bad teacher.
        I have fraternal twin nephews and they look like brothers, otherwise not really alike. they are best buddies. I wonder if AT and her twin brother were buds growing up and if they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post

I don't think that he has... but i'm no expert on who she's acted with and haven't, all i know is that Alan was in an episode of Stargate as was her mum! only breifly though!
          Really?

Can you tell us which episodes/scenes they were in?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

Very nice! I have to admit though that the Sam smiley in the boonie hat is my personal fav of the lot. Thanks for sharing!
            Though we really need her in a *desert* boonie as well for her resume.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              Really?

Can you tell us which episodes/scenes they were in?
              Alan was in 'the changeling' He is the one going down from the pipe (don't know if that is the right word).
              And her mom was in the episode 'Affinity' When Pete ask her to mary him in the park...

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                Really? Can you tell us which episodes/scenes they were in?
                Grrrr, Eve just answered your question... bet me too it But yes, Alan was the first fireman to slide down the pole in the Fire Station in 'The Changeling' and yeah Amanda's mum was in Affinity she was wearing a red top and was in the playground behind them!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                Alan was in 'the changeling' He is the one going down from the pipe (don't know if that is the right word).
                And her mom was in the episode 'Affinity' When Pete ask her to mary him in the park...
                You little sneak you bet me too it I was only 'round the corner! Heehee

Comment

Happy Birthday General David Niemi!!
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                    Thank you. You're very kind.

Comment

Time for me to try and sleep, cya everyone!!! *huggles anyone who wants*

Comment

I found a very nice Sam fic today that I thought some of you might like. It is about Sam’s adjustment to her new command in Atlantis. It was particularly refreshing b/c it is obvious that the author is not happy with the cast changes but still managed to treat all of the characters realistically and with respect. I also really like the way Sam’s transition is presented in the story. I would be thrilled if TPTB depict it in a similar way on the show. Needless to say, there are spoilers for SGA seasons 3 and 4.

Terms of Resolution by mannaplowsk
                        http://mannaplowsk.livejournal.com/1233.html

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          you could try it on youtube
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIu_k_9euW8
                          That worked! Great vid! Well cut and matched with the lyrics.

Thanks for the link.

Kay aka Mumsey
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I'm going i'm going i swear... Just wanted to post this up... just finished this support banner and... wanted to show off!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

First in case I missed thanking anyone yesterday a big thank you for all the Birthday wishes I tried to green everyone as a thank you but I ran out of green so those I missed consider yourselfs Greened

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Consider yourself suitably chastised!

Fortunately I know your RL name from the AT registers. Most of the others I'd have difficulty matching names with 'handles' and email addresses.

Kay aka Mumsey
                              GABIT G4
                              Few!! Thank You!

And wow, I didn't know that Amanda's Mum had appeared in SG, that's so cool!!!

and

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                                I found a very nice Sam fic today that I thought some of you might like. It is about Sam’s adjustment to her new command in Atlantis. It was particularly refreshing b/c it is obvious that the author is not happy with the cast changes but still managed to treat all of the characters realistically and with respect. I also really like the way Sam’s transition is presented in the story. I would be thrilled if TPTB depict it in a similar way on the show. Needless to say, there are spoilers for SGA seasons 3 and 4.

Terms of Resolution by mannaplowsk
                                http://mannaplowsk.livejournal.com/1233.html
                                Thanks for the fic recommendation!

Comment

Working...
                                X