Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    like folks said, if she blogged, it'd have to be moderated.

Kate Hewlett doesn't have a whole legion of people willing to bash her, so it's a bit different for her. Amanda, on the other hand, would probably be a target of some very passionate people who tend to take things a bit too personally.

Part of me would love to see it, but another part of me - the protective side - kinda dreads her being opened up to being bashed so freely 'to her face' as it is
    Yeah, that's the rub about her doing it as herself. However, she could create a blogsite anonymously and, even though we wouldn't know it, she'd be protected from radical fandom and yet get to build up a whole other base of readers/commenters based on her blog name/alias. It's tricky.

Comments can certainly be filtered/moderated before appearing but that would be a heckuva lot of work ... she'd probably have to hire a blog personal assistant just to monitor her account.

She doesn't need to open herself to the toxic element in fandom. I guess Kate doesn't have that problem and is not considered a lightning rod. Poor Amanda is.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      *sharpens blade and polishes shield*

You rang?
      Is what I'm saying.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

You rang?
        rally the troops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Agreed. And even if one sets aside the bit about moderation, serious blogging is a serious time commitment and Amanda has indicated more than once she has other priorities right now. I cannot imagine anyone with a full time career and a toddler at home having enough time to dedicate to keeping an online journal up to date with regularity. A lot of us don't have time to blog on an ongoing basis so it's not difficult to sympathise.

I also think that it would be a potentially detrimental idea because Amanda seems to take things very personally when it comes to internet-vitriol projected at projects she's invested her heart and energy into. As so many have already pointed out, there are some cruel, really selfish numpties out there who love nothing better than to spend their time trolling for ways to belittle and bully blogs like that (even if it was moderated and they had to post about it elsewhere). These people feel important when they do this sort of thing and they'll find a way to be petty and insensitive even if they have to spend all day every day looking for a public forum in which to do it. Because of that, I really think a conventional blog would be something that would end up breeding angst for Amanda, even if it may also breed some truly intelligent and thoughtful feedback. If she's already reading message board posts and coming away upset ...... I wouldn't ever counsel someone who felt that way to open themselves up with a blog. Far too thick a skin is required to maintain stoicism. (Not to mention that a lot of her supporters would head out on the war path as soon as the nastier bullies came out to play).

geek
          Well said MG,

As much as I'd love to read Amanda's blog, I think there are better and less hurtful(to Amanda) ways for her to do it. She puts things that are important on her site and maybe some day she'll write a book with all the "little" things we've ever wanted to know, but that would be Amanda's choice, if you know what I mean.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that MS was asked to be the leading man for the third series? Talk of Vala also. Sky would certainly be able to say "I told you so", if they're seriously moving Vaniel into a third series.

*sigh*

I really hate to say this, but if that happens, I really hope Amanda does embrace the future and move well on.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              Kinda OT, but has anyone seen this before? I found it here.

I just thought it was interesting that he wasn't officially on board yet. Are these films not meant to have any generals?
              who knows how many weeks/months ago that interview was done.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor that MS was asked to be the leading man for the third series? Talk of Vala also. Sky would certainly be able to say "I told you so", if they're seriously moving Vaniel into a third series.

*sigh*

I really hate to say this, but if that happens, I really hope Amanda does embrace the future and move well on.

skeptical and cynical me is thinking more along the line of fans expressing their heart felt desire than anything else

gateworld itself says taht the series is in it's very beginning planning stages...and that doesn't jive with 'we want it to star XXX' simply because the character of XXX predetermines the basic premise of the show

(ie, it'd be like saying that the series is in its most basic planning stages, but we know that richard dean anderson will star in it reprising his role of general jack o'neill......ain't very basic planning now is it????)

I'd file that one away with that 10 pound grain of salt

ETA: and i said that before i looked at the source of the 'rumor'

yeah, consider the source.

sigpic

Comment

You rang?
                  I'm ready
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    I'm ready
                    them's some cool moves. maybe you should teach them to cam. he seems to need help weilding his sword

sigpic

Comment

Where do I sign,

I'm ready to join *The Samanda Armey/Airforce/Black Ops*

LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hi everyone. I have managed to go back a couple of pages. There is some excellent comment from everyone!!

I am dying to know what Amanda's new project is, but hope it is far far removed from the executive peeps at Stargate. To be frank they don't deserve her. I'm sure Amanda can turn around higher quality viewing than the small circle of peeps who managed to produce an established niche show out of existence.

Remember she tried to advise the Boy Coop on a number of Sam decisions (Affinity and Gemini), but he wouldn't listen. Now he either wanted to downgrade Sam to be a more sappy woman or he just doesn't understand the average independent female (or perhaps he doesn't want to).

You would also think that they would try to make use of a Director who had won a nomination out of what was a pretty poor episode, but the reaction was to firmly shut her out.

I doubt if they would suddenly want her to co produce. They risk her making a much better job of it. No ignorance is bliss I tell you!!

I'm also not too sure on the viability of a 3rd show. To be honest if I were a financier I wouldn't have anything to do with a third show produced by someone who made such a poor job on the last show when given the reins. (I wouldn't let him produce a movie either) It would be too risky in my prudent accountants mind. I also don't know what fan base there is left to launch a new show. To be quite frank I think they've sunk their intergalactic ship.

No, Amanda is on with a different project. It is going to be intelligent and entertaining. I also hope it is a success, though I suspect the show will be up against it. I'm just hoping it gets funding!!!

If I don't get chance to post again tonight all the very best for Christmas and the New Year and I'll catch up with you all in mid January

Comment

*sigh*

Vaniel didn't actually pull in the viewers for season 9 and 10, so I'm not quite sure what the rationale would be for putting them both into a new series.

To be quite honest (though I want to make it clear I loved Daniel season 1 to 8) I think Sam and Teal'c would make more interesting viewing for a new series and probably pull some of the old fan base back.

But as I said I hope Amanda is moving onward and upward. She has way way too much talent to be confined to the Stargate franchise.

You go girl!!!!!!

Comment

who knows how many weeks/months ago that interview was done.
                            According to Coming Soon, they asked him about the Stargate films on December 5th, the night of the world premiere of "The Good German" in Los Angeles.

ETA: As for the rumor... Yeah, sounds like wishful thinking on one hand, yet not wholly implausible given how ready and willing TPTB are to begin a new series. Judging by their track record, it would make sense for them to overcompensate with one of the original characters at the helm. Maybe they figure they can afford one top-heavy actor, as long as they have a bunch of cheaper ones to support him? I'm just intrigued by this, because MS has seemed like he's ready to move on to bigger and better projects.
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 15 December 2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

*sigh*
                              If it true, I only have one word and that's blech.

skeptical and cynical me is thinking more along the line of fans expressing their heart felt desire than anything else

{snip}

Yep. The "source" is the only reason I'm not too upset at this point. If I hear it from GW or SciFi then I'll probably hang it up, cuz even without Vala, I'm not real interested in watching the Daniel Jackson show either.
                              sigpic

Comment

gateworld itself says taht the series is in it's very beginning planning stages...and that doesn't jive with 'we want it to star XXX' simply because the character of XXX predetermines the basic premise of the show

(ie, it'd be like saying that the series is in its most basic planning stages, but we know that richard dean anderson will star in it reprising his role of general jack o'neill......ain't very basic planning now is it????)

I have to agree. I even checked with MSOL and their usually the first to get this type of info first. They didn't have it. So yeah I'd say rumor too.

On topic. I hope that Amanda, if approched to even guest star on the thrid series says no. As much as I happy that she's going to be doing a few episodes for Atlantis (under contract). I have this nagging in the back of my head that she'l be used to prop up the new cast members.

I hope I'm wrong. But after the movies, I'd love to see her far away from anything having to do with Stargate.

Comment

Working...
                                X