• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no umlaut
    /me handwaves

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Hi gang I'm back home and rying to get caught up on things.

Kat the SG-1 set does not have air but the SGA set does and the scenes in the replicator ship are filmed in the hallway in the SGA set. The one were we walked on the walkway and they were working on some new set piece down below. That is the Blade Trinity Set.
      Ah! That makes more sense. Didn't realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Wow. Couldn't disagree with ya more (speaking of brilliant fanwanks)

I really think Amanda pulled that scene off well; because I think the entire point of it WAS Sam Carter. That was Sam's scene. That was Sam's realization that the loss she experienced almost extended to all of her friends. If she'd overflowed with sobs over Janet's death in that scene, I think it would definitely have have come across way over the top. Sam was also struggling with her own innate compuslion to HIDE what she's feeling. The Cassie comment was filled with innuendo that there was a lot more there. You can't take it at face value and brush it away. Sam Carter handles grief like she handles most of her dangerous heavy emotions - by avoiding them. And she does that well. It's *not* a shippy scene. Jack (the Colonel) is the strongest person in Sam's sphere. She looks to him and respects him as a power-point; she went to see him because she felt like it was all falling apart, and it was a scene where Sam doesn't *want* to tell him that she was (and is) scared. Admitting to being scared for him wasn't something she wanted to do. It wasn't something she'd planned on doing. The way it came out was meant to represent a larger metaphor for more than that; for all of them. That scene was not about "Sam + Jack = Lurve". It was about "Sam + Heavy Unwanted Emotions = What the Hell Do I Do With All Of This?" and she sought out the strongest presence in her sphere for a reason. You can call me a fanwank for seeing that if you'd like to, but frankly I can't see how ya didn't see it. It was a powerful scene. And no amount of anger over Janet's death (justified or otherwise) can really detract from that. Dealing with Janet's death was something they didn't do well, later on. But that is an entirely seperate issue than that particular scene. And Amanda's tremendous acting therein.

mg
        Great post, minigeek. I agree. It was two friends being there for each other. You can see ship if you want, or you can see just friends. Heck, she had a similar scene with Teal'c. We also get to see Sam having a tough time dealing with things-not something we normally get to.

Amanda was amazing in this ep.

Comment

You know golfbooy I have to agree with you about Landry. To me he comes off as a deer caught in the head-lights, he seems to be over his head in not really knowing what to do, esp in putting Cam in charge. It's like he wants to please others instead of doing what needs to be done.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Great post, minigeek. I agree. It was two friends being there for each other. You can see ship if you want, or you can see just friends. Heck, she had a similar scene with Teal'c. We also get to see Sam having a tough time dealing with things-not something we normally get to.

Amanda was amazing in this ep.
            IMO this wasn't a shippy thing... I mean it is not because it is with jack/sam that it is shippy. it is just about friend nothing more nothing less. they just needed eachother at a time they both had it bad. don't forget that she just lost Janet and she had the shock of thinking that she almost lost jack. I mean as much as she loves him... she really wasn't thinking about anything else than having comfort after having to deal with something that bad.
            What she has been through (by loosing your best friend) the only thing you think about is just trying to feel safe and than you need someone who is there for you that person doesn't have to say a thing... just a hug, a look is more than enough. And that is what she gets from jack...and she is only happy that he is there for her when she is having a tuff time
            and that was really some convincing acting from AT... I mean they way she played it maked it really really true... And even if you are not a shipper that scene just says so much about Sam's character.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Thank you Oooober for answer that age old question...what exactly is a dancer of spaz
              ROFLMAO

Comment

You know golfbooy I have to agree with you about Landry. To me he comes off as a deer caught in the head-lights, he seems to be over his head in not really knowing what to do, esp in putting Cam in charge. It's like he wants to please others instead of doing what needs to be done.
                I remember when I was writing "Just A Number", I saw Landry as somebody who would want to please everybody, who would place more importance on how his decision would affect Sam and Mitchell as individuals rather than SG-1 as a team.

It's funny. I know that in Landry's place, I wouldn't have made the choice he did but I don't know if his choice was the best one to make.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Thank you Oooober for answer that age old question...what exactly is a dancer of spaz
                  *snickers*

I'm waiting for Spazo's reply on this one.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I wondered that as well. Why couldn't Pete have just been a good guy that she relax with and have fun with (movies, dancing--no saving the world) but who just wasn't going to work out long term without making him such a jerk in the end. I know they wanted to give her a love interest who didn't die, but jeepers, couldn't they have done better?
                    Well said, jckfan!
                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Of course they are silly and meaningless, but you know what? It still shows our support. It still unites us as fans AND it gives us all a morale booster for at least a few days. Which is something we all have really needed for the past year, so my feeling is vote till your hearts content. If nothing else it may get one or two people to actually go up on IMDB.com or google.com and type in 'Amanda Tapping' to find out who this person is, and maybe just maybe one of them will join us in our adoration of Amanda.
                    Nicely put, Kat

Comment

I really think Amanda pulled that scene off well; because I think the entire point of it WAS Sam Carter. That was Sam's scene. That was Sam's realization that the loss she experienced almost extended to all of her friends. If she'd overflowed with sobs over Janet's death in that scene, I think it would definitely have have come across way over the top. Sam was also struggling with her own innate compuslion to HIDE what she's feeling. The Cassie comment was filled with innuendo that there was a lot more there. You can't take it at face value and brush it away. Sam Carter handles grief like she handles most of her dangerous heavy emotions - by avoiding them. And she does that well. It's *not* a shippy scene. Jack (the Colonel) is the strongest person in Sam's sphere. She looks to him and respects him as a power-point; she went to see him because she felt like it was all falling apart, and it was a scene where Sam doesn't *want* to tell him that she was (and is) scared. Admitting to being scared for him wasn't something she wanted to do. It wasn't something she'd planned on doing. The way it came out was meant to represent a larger metaphor for more than that; for all of them. That scene was not about "Sam + Jack = Lurve". It was about "Sam + Heavy Unwanted Emotions = What the Hell Do I Do With All Of This?" and she sought out the strongest presence in her sphere for a reason. You can call me a fanwank for seeing that if you'd like to, but frankly I can't see how ya didn't see it. It was a powerful scene. And no amount of anger over Janet's death (justified or otherwise) can really detract from that. Dealing with Janet's death was something they didn't do well, later on. But that is an entirely seperate issue than that particular scene. And Amanda's tremendous acting therein.

mg
                      Yeah I think I agree with your comments and while I may have interpreted the entire scene differently than most, I also didn't consider Sam's comment about Cassie being a strong kid as uncaring or selfish.

I saw it as Sam trying to hold her emotions in check and possibly remembering some of her own experiences after her mother died and hearing people ask her father 'how is Sam doing?' and her father's remarks of 'Sam, well you know, she's a strong kid. She'll survive.' I think Jacob may have been unable to really show Sam how he felt after her mother died and Sam being the good little airman that she was, probably didn't want to disappoint her father by showing any weakness so she learned to cover up her own emotions as well.

Comment

mg
                        we all have different interpretations of things. you see, i *did* see it as a shippy scene. but not *only* a shippy scene.

i totally believe sam went into that room to see how jack was doing. she was grieving for janet and for cassie's loss. but she'd also been through the ringer worrying about jack in all of that as well. so she goes into the room, jack brings up janet 'and' cassie, and then the emotions mentioning janet bring up push her over the edge to the state we saw her in when she started to cry.

i truly saw that scene as shippy, WITH the loss of janet in there in big measure.

the hug represented (to me) her grieving for janet, her grieving for cassie, and her overwhelming relief that jack was still amongst the living.

just my opinion.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          So I loved seeing Amanda in that Season 10 preview thing. She is SUCH a ham, isn't she?

Anyway, although the quality of the video was unbelievably crappy, I figured I'd make a few animated GIFs of Amanda doin' her THANG.

Amanda as Elvis..."Unhunh...Unhunh...Don't you step on my blue suede shoes":

Amanda taking a well deserved bow *Oooober gives standing ovation*:

Amanda...proving once and for all that she is, in fact, a spaz...doing "The Amanda" (soon to hit dance floors all over the North American and European continents):

Oh yeah...she's one of us.

YES!!

this is why i kept part of the video... amanda is sooooooooooo cool!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            we all have different interpretations of things. you see, i *did* see it as a shippy scene. but not *only* a shippy scene.

i totally believe sam went into that room to see how jack was doing. she was grieving for janet and for cassie's loss. but she'd also been through the ringer worrying about jack in all of that as well. so she goes into the room, jack brings up janet 'and' cassie, and then the emotions mentioning janet bring up push her over the edge to the state we saw her in when she started to cry.

i truly saw that scene as shippy, WITH the loss of janet in there in big measure.

the hug represented (to me) her grieving for janet, her grieving for cassie, and her overwhelming relief that jack was still amongst the living.

just my opinion.

sally

It could be seen as shipp in that it underscores the fact that Sam and Jack care for one another. But I think that entire scene really transcended any notion of "Sam & Jack", beyond that. It was about dealing with deep, difficult emotion and the characters were both reacting in their own way to what wasn't said, far more than what was.

Yes, Sam was worried for Jack, but I think more profoundly perhaps she was terrified of the implications she'd been forced to face regarding their (all of their) fragile mortality, given Janet's fate.

I agree, Sam's abject relief that nothing happened to the colonel was a heavy catalyst for her ending up in that room to begin with, but the purpose of the scene itself was to extrapolate on coping. For both of them, but most profoundly (in this particular scene instance), for Sam.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Indeed and we love her dearly... huge extended family right?

So I loved seeing Amanda in that Season 10 preview thing. She is SUCH a ham, isn't she?

Anyway, although the quality of the video was unbelievably crappy, I figured I'd make a few animated GIFs of Amanda doin' her THANG.

Amanda as Elvis..."Unhunh...Unhunh...Don't you step on my blue suede shoes":

Amanda taking a well deserved bow *Oooober gives standing ovation*:

Amanda...proving once and for all that she is, in fact, a spaz...doing "The Amanda" (soon to hit dance floors all over the North American and European continents):

Oh yeah...she's one of us.
                              sigpic

Comment

*gasp*

I think... we've just found...

The Official Dance of Spaz!

Must make notes and incorporate in routine.

/me hugs MB

Comment

Working...
                                X