Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek View Post



    WOW, great drawing, perfect eyes and face!
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

    Comment


      Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      Unless they asked Amanda to be EP for the new series, and she will be playing General Carter, head of the SGC.
      Oooh, perfect
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

      Comment


        O.K., I read the article about the third series and it is tenatively scheduled for 2008, so I was just thinking about Amanda's new project. Wouldn't it be cool if they ran back to back? Atlantis, SG series 3, then Amanda's series (cause we should always save the best for last) could finish out the night. Obviously, I want her show to do best in the ratings, but I'd give the new show a try if that was the line up.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          O.K., I read the article about the third series and it is tenatively scheduled for 2008, so I was just thinking about Amanda's new project. Wouldn't it be cool if they ran back to back? Atlantis, SG series 3, then Amanda's series (cause we should always save the best for last) could finish out the night. Obviously, I want her show to do best in the ratings, but I'd give the new show a try if that was the line up.
          So did we (as in Samanda) decide what her new show was to be about?

          I remember some suggestions...
          1. Quantum Leap like show starring Amanda as the time travelling heroine
          2. MUST use a gun of some sort and blow things up from time to time
          3. Her character must have less of a rigid military mindset and be more of a rebel
          4. She should also be snarky and sharp-witted
          I know I'm remembering primarily my suggestions here...are these right so far? What else did we decide?

          ON EDIT: Oooh ooh...just thought of some other things.
          5. The show must have some women writers.
          6. Amanda must be able to direct when she pleases to do so.
          Last edited by Uber; 14 December 2006, 09:26 PM.

          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

          Comment


            Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Page 2?!
            No way!
            *GASP*



            Oh wow Mini you've really drawn Amanda's eyes with such a beutifull expresion in them, i hope she is lurking here to see this!
            ......TARA......

            Comment


              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              So did we (as in Samanda) decide what her new show was to be about?

              I remember some suggestions...
              1. Quantum Leap like show starring Amanda as the time travelling heroine
              2. MUST use a gun of some sort and blow things up from time to time
              3. Her character must have less of a rigid military mindset and be more of a rebel
              4. She should also be snarky and sharp-witted
              I know I'm remembering primarily my suggestions here...are these right so far? What else did we decide?

              ON EDIT: Oooh ooh...just thought of some other things.
              5. The show must have some women writers.
              6. Amanda must be able to direct when she pleases to do so.
              You listed my favorites. I absolutely can't wait to see how close we are to the truth. When do we get details again?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                You listed my favorites. I absolutely can't wait to see how close we are to the truth. When do we get details again?
                I don't know...February I think?

                Who came up with the Quantum Leap idea? I love that one.

                What other ideas were there?

                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                Comment


                  a shipper (gategirl422) said that at at2 or avalon, amanda asked her "if I think Sam should move to Atlantis permanently". without going into the answer from gategirl422, it was amanda asking that question that...

                  do you guys think that amanda knows how appreciated and loved she is? i mean REALLY how much?

                  i'm 100 percent sure that part of the reason the show's been canceled is the lack of sam carter/amanda tapping in it.

                  i just wonder if amanda wonders if no one would really care is she wasn't on stargate anymore...





                  sally
                  sally

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    a shipper (gategirl422) said that at at2 or avalon, amanda asked her "if I think Sam should move to Atlantis permanently". without going into the answer from gategirl422, it was amanda asking that question that...

                    do you guys think that amanda knows how appreciated and loved she is? i mean REALLY how much?

                    i'm 100 percent sure that part of the reason the show's been canceled is the lack of sam carter/amanda tapping in it.

                    i just wonder if amanda wonders if no one would really care is she wasn't on stargate anymore...





                    sally
                    that's sad, but given the ways the writers have taken her storylines away and forced her and CJ to the background I can understand how she might wonder what's going to happen to her character. tptb have no clue what the fans wants hence the drop in ratings!!

                    I don't want to see Sam move to Atlantis permanently, but the occasional visit should be a lot of fun! I'm still looking forward to her new project! THat is what I am most excited about ... not the SG-1 movies, not Atlantis, tptb have already taken them too far away from what I truely loved about the show and that's the close nit TEAM!!! But hey there is always hope they'll turn it around !!
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 14 December 2006, 10:55 PM. Reason: Can't make up my mind :D

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      a shipper (gategirl422) said that at at2 or avalon, amanda asked her "if I think Sam should move to Atlantis permanently". without going into the answer from gategirl422, it was amanda asking that question that...

                      do you guys think that amanda knows how appreciated and loved she is? i mean REALLY how much?

                      i'm 100 percent sure that part of the reason the show's been canceled is the lack of sam carter/amanda tapping in it.

                      i just wonder if amanda wonders if no one would really care is she wasn't on stargate anymore...





                      sally
                      Okay I'm confused by your post.

                      Amanda was asking a fan how she felt about whether or not Sam should go to Atlantis? Like permanently or for just a few shows?

                      And what did you mean by "it was amanda asking that question that..."

                      That what?

                      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        Okay I'm confused by your post.

                        Amanda was asking a fan how she felt about whether or not Sam should go to Atlantis? Like permanently or for just a few shows?

                        And what did you mean by "it was amanda asking that question that..."

                        That what?
                        i'll just post gategirl422's quote:

                        "At the tea Amanda asked me if I think Sam should move to Atlantis permanently, and I was like "Nooooo." I said besides the fact that it'll be putting it'll ruin the chemistry between Mckay and Carter, there would also be 3 strong women in one show that already has an established group of characters. Then I was like "And oh yeah... she'd be WAY to far away from Jack"


                        ~~

                        i loved gategirl422's answer, but i was immediately hit with wondering if amanda felt wanted or appreciated, only because she was asking a fan if sam should be moved to atlantis permanently. and considering how sam's been handled in season 9 (not sure about s10)... it just made me sad.




                        sally
                        sally

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                          O.K., I read the article about the third series and it is tenatively scheduled for 2008, so I was just thinking about Amanda's new project. Wouldn't it be cool if they ran back to back? Atlantis, SG series 3, then Amanda's series (cause we should always save the best for last) could finish out the night. Obviously, I want her show to do best in the ratings, but I'd give the new show a try if that was the line up.
                          ...has we been told that series 3 and Amanda's project aren't the same thing? Is it possible that she could be heavily involved in series 3?

                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'
                          I once had the headset at KFC at the same time I was making burgers, so I was sort of on autopilot, until I said "hi welcome to KFC, you're speaking to Eileen. Can I take your money?"

                          The car was full of drunk guys on the way home from the rugby, so they just found it funny.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!


                          Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

                          Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                            Still testing things...

                            After she makes the plate and the plate "make-out", she tosses the plate away?

                            []http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8236/cnv00003xc3.jpg[]
                            Can someone explain this story to me?

                            Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            I made myself a new sig...and I wanted to share it with you all...
                            []http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/2609/amandatappingxm9.jpg[]

                            So what do you think?!?
                            Eve! I love your newest sig!

                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'
                            Ah, yes. I used to worked at McDonalds and I've caught myself answering the phone like that. Recently, and luckily it was only my brother calling me both times I did this, I've answered my phone with "Hi welcome to Roy Rogers, can I help you?" And when I'm at work, multi-tasking and trying to run both drive-thru and counter, I'll answer one with "Can I help you?" and the other with "Will that be all for you?"

                            Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                            ...has we been told that series 3 and Amanda's project aren't the same thing? Is it possible that she could be heavily involved in series 3?



                            I once had the headset at KFC at the same time I was making burgers, so I was sort of on autopilot, until I said "hi welcome to KFC, you're speaking to Eileen. Can I take your money?"

                            The car was full of drunk guys on the way home from the rugby, so they just found it funny.
                            Oh, I like this idea of Amanda's new project being the new series. I would love to see that.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i once answered the phone at home 'welcome to mcdonalds, can i take your order please'
                              I'm wondering who never did this actually! LOL

                              ... says she who replied several times to home calls in the same way she replies at work!
                              Sig pic courtesy of AmberMoon
                              ............oo0oo............

                              Comment


                                At work there are just so many things we say over and over without thinking anymore... but every now and then they go wrong. In New Zealand we have fly buys, a loyalty rewards programme. At the bookstore today, I don't know how many people I asked for their "fuy blys" card. Ug.

                                Imagine having to learn and speak technobabble every day!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!


                                Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

                                Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X