Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    I agree...

Which is unfortunate, because they SO should not be a package deal, and her being asked SO should not be contingent on whether or not MS is involved.

Whether one loves D/V or hates it, they still could do so much with CB's talent whether MS is on board or not.

My problem with all of this is that much of season 9 and 10 consisted of Daniel/Vala mainly and the show's ratings have gone down significantly. Why in the world would they think that would be successful? There doesn't seem to be enough of an audience for it.

I really hope AT's series/project has nothing to do with this third series. It would be much better for her career, IMO, if she is EP and lead in another show---she would have more control this way. I do think SG-1 has been good to her overall in that Sam had a lot of screen time and some good stories in seasons 1-8, but times have changed to more shotty writing, quick fixes, and less on really good storytelling. So, go to another show that could be potentially much better and give her the respect she received in the first eight seasons, and continues to deserve now, but in another series.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
      That's a pretty HUGE claim to make without having a reliable source. Is that website in the habit of making such claims that then prove to be false? (Not being snarky, I really don't know...)

I actually thought this website is reliable and fairly accurate in general, but others would know better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Add to that the not-so-subtle hint to Daniel/Vala fans about lobbying the studio for more Vala, and the overt spinning has indeed begun.

It's essentially all a power trip. People keep talking about that one element these days, but this particular crowd really seems to like the idea of being able to manipulate the fandom with the illusion that they have some sort of inside knowledge of, or control over, major production decisions at MGM and Bridge. It's very transparent, yet also very disturbing, because they do have a LOT of followers.
        or, it's more along the line of 'mmhm, if the rumor is out there, maybe fans will deluge the studio with letters telling them how much they want daniel in Series 3 and the rumro will become a self fulfilling prophecy'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          Yet despite the script's weaknesses (and a dire plot holedevice) AT made something well worth watching out of it. I loved that long crane shot at the beginning, and the scenes with the bad guy were done really well (great guest actor too).
          i think you're getting confused

Chris Judge wrote Changling. the one with fire fighter sam and ascended daniel visiting

Michael Shanks wrote REsurrection, which Amanda also directed. it featured the NID, a cloned girl and a goa'uld...and also had a huge crane shot in it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Thanks.
            That's a really old one.
            I thought everyone had already seen it!

Full version:
            http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4219/...h1117051lg.jpg

mg
            Beautiful Mini!! The eyes are so hers!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            I made myself a new sig...and I wanted to share it with you all...

So what do you think?!?
            Very nice Eve, beautiful colors.

Agreed. And even if one sets aside the bit about moderation, serious blogging is a serious time commitment and Amanda has indicated more than once she has other priorities right now. I cannot imagine anyone with a full time career and a toddler at home having enough time to dedicate to keeping an online journal up to date with regularity. A lot of us don't have time to blog on an ongoing basis so it's not difficult to sympathise.

I also think that it would be a potentially detrimental idea because Amanda seems to take things very personally when it comes to internet-vitriol projected at projects she's invested her heart and energy into. As so many have already pointed out, there are some cruel, really selfish numpties out there who love nothing better than to spend their time trolling for ways to belittle and bully blogs like that (even if it was moderated and they had to post about it elsewhere). These people feel important when they do this sort of thing and they'll find a way to be petty and insensitive even if they have to spend all day every day looking for a public forum in which to do it. Because of that, I really think a conventional blog would be something that would end up breeding angst for Amanda, even if it may also breed some truly intelligent and thoughtful feedback. If she's already reading message board posts and coming away upset ...... I wouldn't ever counsel someone who felt that way to open themselves up with a blog. Far too thick a skin is required to maintain stoicism. (Not to mention that a lot of her supporters would head out on the war path as soon as the nastier bullies came out to play).

geek
            Excellent and most agreeable post. I don't think she'd have the time to have a blog especially once she kicks starts her project and we all know that negative comments hurt her more than any amount of positives. I'd very much not wish her to be hurt again.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Okay I don't have time to finish read all the posts - but I will make a quick comment before I head out for a performance.

I don't think AT is involved with the possible new Gate series. But the meeting could very well have been at Bridge because they do final other things at the studio. Plus have production offices at Bridge that have been used for other projects. For example the first time I was on the set they were working on Fantastic Four at Bridge even though they did not do any filming at the set. FF4 was using one of the production offices for some editing of the movie at the Bridge Studio according to Martin Gero when I asked him out the reserved parking signs I saw for FF4 crew.

With that I'm out of here -
            Thanks for the info. Tsax!
            Personally I'm with those that hope that her project is Stargate...Less.
            I also believe that the Frat Brothers have a sign reading "No Females Allowed!" in their heads.
            Last edited by SG1Poz; 15 December 2006, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

If they really wanted him to be teh lead in a show, why wasn't he the lead in s9 and 10 and why was ben hired?
              I think Ben was hired because then truly believed his popularity as Crichton on Farscape would draw in huge fans; that they wouldn't have to think too much about the writing of the character -- just having Ben there would be enough. That clearly didn't work.

And then Claudia/Vala came about for PU - they got positive feedback and got locked into the mentality that MS and CB are the new Jack and Daniel; Maddy and Dave, Nick and Nora Charles, etc. While MS may be the lead in SG3, I'd bet anything that CB isn't going to be far behind. It will be the Vaniel sitcom and appeals to the [email protected]'s more juvenile sense of humor. Again

I personally write off that rumor as fans' wishes and will continue to see it as such until something comes from a source i trust.
              I think it probably will happen, if Shanks accepts. However, I think there are just as many people who find that combination of D/V boring or repulsive as are those who like it and the PTB don't seem to accept that.

In light of this, it seems to make sense why (reportedly) RDA hasn't been approached to be in either DVD movie; they'd want to move away from any association with or memory of Jack. The 2 DVD movies will probably feature Vaniel heavily and set it up for SG3: Vaniel.

Comment

if they want to do that, fine. Just saves me from 'will i watch or won't i', because i don't find Vaniel appealing in any way, shape or form

and augment that with Frat Boy humor...it'll be fun to watch the train wreck

I wonder who they'll blame? cause, y ou know, it won't be THEIR fault.

anyway, i consider it a good thing if AT's new project is far, far away from the train wreck that gate has become.

they made/are making, their putrid little bed, they can lie in it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                  Personally I'm with those that hope that her project is Stargate...Less.
                  I also believe that the Frat Brothers have a sign reading "No Females Allowed!" in their heads.
                  i think it's more along the line of 'females in their place'

that's why they have no idea what to do with sam. she's not easily pigeon holed. she's more than someone's girl friend. she's not the sexy alien. she's not the indulgent maternal figure. she's not the 'hooker with a heart of gold'

she's real and deep and someone to be looked up to and respected.

anyone gonna look at their daughter and say 'gee, i want you to dress just like vala or teyla'?

sam is more than the sum of her costuming and sam is more than the sum of h er relationships and her legacy will go on for far longer than that of any character coop has created.

his are forgettable while Sam is far from it

sigpic

Comment

Hhmm, Was it coop who came up with the character of Sam or was it Brad? Inquiring minds..

Comment

Hhmm, Was it coop who came up with the character of Sam or was it Brad? Inquiring minds..
                      Probably Jonathan Glassner or Brad Wright
                      -

Comment

I think you're right. Geesh I forgot all about JG. I wonder what he's up to. Think maybe he needs a job?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Probably Jonathan Glassner or Brad Wright
                          and even if coop had his fingers in creating her, Sam was under brad's and gecko's control as she grew

which, imho, is why she's got depth and character and staying power

for years they simply wrote the character, and didn't get all hung up on that whole gender thing. Sam Carter and Captian/Major Carter came first. Sam the woman came last.

sigpic

Comment

I think you're right. Geesh I forgot all about JG. I wonder what he's up to. Think maybe he needs a job?
                            he's working on/with the CSI's

sigpic

Comment

I know AHH! I forgot about watching BSG!!! I wonder if they'll repeat it at 11pm.

Comment

it should re-run in 1 hour 21 minutes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X