• Show
Clear All

I clicked on it Mini and my first reaction was...WOW!!!! Brava mini
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      I clicked on it Mini and my first reaction was...WOW!!!! Brava mini
      Cooool. Non suckage is good news. lol Thanks Mandy!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It's amazing mini!!! You certainly have talent!

Oh yeah, AT is in the top 10!!

Comment

It looks really great I am speechless of it... I would green you but don't have any green more for you... will certainly do that when I can...
          It is really great

and for the voters:
          AMANDA IS IN THE TOP 10
          yooohooooo

Comment

Hey! CONGRATS to L A Doyle for starting page 2200!!! Almost missed that! Woot!

-

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Hey! CONGRATS to L A Doyle for starting page 2200!!! Almost missed that! Woot!

-
              *Looks up* I did? I did! I'll be! Replying to one of your posts to boot, mini!

Comment

Thanks guys - all of ya

And on a related note, I don't have any green left either. I've been trying to green people for two days but it keeps saying I need to spread the love around - I guess I'm only greening Samandans, trouble is, I don't end up posting with anyone else! D'oh.

mg

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  if someone doesn't have a scanner, pm me and i can give you my address. you can mail it to me, i can scan it in and then e-mail it to MG
                  Aww, Sky! That's so cool! Do you think it'd be OK if mine found its way into your hot, little (generous) hands at Shore Leave?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Thanks guys - all of ya

And on a related note, I don't have any green left either. I've been trying to green people for two days but it keeps saying I need to spread the love around - I guess I'm only greening Samandans, trouble is, I don't end up posting with anyone else! D'oh.

mg
                    LOL, just do what TJ does, go into forums and give out "random greens" just don't do it in the G2H2 forum you'll get poeple confused trying to vote for you
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL, just do what TJ does, go into forums and give out "random greens" just don't do it in the G2H2 forum you'll get poeple confused trying to vote for you
                      *cough* I only ever give out green to thoughtful and insightful posts! I have to say, if I really want to green someone, I will just randomly spread the love (or hate, as the occasion calls)
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        well, to harp on a common topic, if the MEN that write this stuff - and do thier best to keep the entertainment indistry a boy's club - would just stop writing the cliches

what female characters are common???

the ho
                        the maternal figure
                        the sex object
                        the damsel in distress

there are a few shows that avoid that. Judging amy was ok for a while (but did descend into relationship silliness), Elle on Criminal Minds is good, so is Melinda Kanakaredes on CSI: NY, along with Catherine most of the time on csi.

Sam used to be really really good. she was a part of the team that just happened to be a woman. Then they got fixated on the whole relationship stuff and turned her into a cliche. 'i'm so desperate not to be alone that i'll put up with anything'...yeah, every male's fantasy. a hot woman that prefers being a doormat.

consciously or not, male writers are doing what they can to keep women from being seen as an equal to a male.

characters like sam work to break that mold. They are 'proof' that a woman is not a sum of her boyfriends.

but then, inevitably, the boys get tired of all the work that goes into keeping a female from being a cliche and they fall back into old molds.

Yes, the writers lately can't seem to help themselves with going overboard. "Let's let Sam have a love interest who doesn't die" became the notorious Pete saga. "Let's have an episode that's just 'fun romp' " became let's have the character *every week!* and not worry about developing her. "Let's get away from Sam's personal life" became let's get away from Sam entirely.
                        Bah humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          I think we need to keep the images visible for caption ones. What d'y'all think?
                          I don't want to upset Sky is what I think...I don't like doing bad!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                            It looks really great I am speechless of it... I would green you but don't have any green more for you... will certainly do that when I can...
                            It is really great

and for the voters:
                            AMANDA IS IN THE TOP 10
                            yooohooooo
                            We need lots more votes though.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

G2H2? wha?

EDIT: its been brought to my attention that this was post number 44000, so i thought i should put something in here a little more substantial that a silly question. unfortunately i couldn't think of anything so instead;

caption this!
                              Spoiler:

(put in spoilers because its a big pic.)
                              Last edited by stargate barbie; 29 June 2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG

Right now, with SG1, not only do we have OTT characters, we have really bad storytelling, so there's nowhere to go but up I think (or I hope at least)
                                With AT valiantly bringing dignity to her bits. I really think she elevates the material.

Comment

Working...
                                X