Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deejay435
    Who picked these promo pics? Because that one doesn't make anyone look good. Teal'c looks so...odd in this, and in the other photos. It's disturbing.
    Vala would look good, but for her chest thrust out...big surprise. Sam looks very pretty, except she seems a little slumpy. She's the only one, on edit, that seems relaxed and natural.

But Mitchell and Daniel look ridiculously posed! I'm way more bothered by how ridiculous Daniel looks than by Mitch being in front.

Gah. They SO need to hire a better promo team. Cause bleh. I have not been impressed by their choices thus far.
    I didn't think Vala looked as if she was thrusting her chest out. I do think the shirts that everyone is wearing look tighter than normal and Claudia is having the same issues Amanda did last year with a new baby.

However, I agree with your view about Mitchell and Daniel. I'm not sure what the editor was thinking, but Daniel just looks odd to me. It's like they were trying to suggest that Daniel was standing on a crest with Mitchell standing in front of him on a slope, but if you look at Daniel's feet they are at the same level as Sam's and yet Daniel is much taller than Sam making it appear as if his body has been stretched so that he can seen behind Mitchell.

Also, Landry looks as if he was added to the picture as an afterthought. It looks completely out of place to me. His stance and size are extremely odd. Landry is about the same height as Sam, but in this instance he looks as if he's six inches shorter.

I'm actually really surprised that Sci-Fi released such shoddy promo images. I mean this is Stargate's record breaking tenth year. You would have thought that they would have put together a bit more high quality promotional images in order to promote their tenth season. Lucky for the show, they have always had such loyal fans because it's obvious they didn't last a decade due to the production company and network's top notch promotions.

You know what I really wish? I wish they would just release each of the individual images and then have a contest to allow the fans to create the promotional images, because I have seen much better walls and posters from fans than what I have seen from Sci-Fi.
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 June 2006, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      thank you DEM for letting us know who made that promotion pic
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Do you mean this one?

And just for comparison, I'll repost the SG1 promo....

Garrrrgh, PB is down so I put it on random image. The IMG tags don't work *sigh* I'll put it on PB as soon as I can.
        Yes! Thanks for finding it, TJ! I was looking for like an hour with TWO different search engines.

Anyway, yep... That's the one. So incredibly original, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Yes! Thanks for finding it, TJ! I was looking for like an hour with TWO different search engines.

Anyway, yep... That's the one. So incredibly original, isn't it?

That's the season one equivalent, but it's not the same.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

That's the season one equivalent, but it's not the same.
            LOL! Nope, because it's MONDO deceptive. It suggests that Teyla is even CLOSE to the level of importance that McKay and Weir possess, and we ALL know that that ain't true. Whatever. Sexy Alien Chick, no matter what they do with her, will always be thrust to the forefront.

And I like Teyla, too. I just wish they did more with her character.

Comment

It's just too bad we can't dwarf Cam, you know shrink him right out of the show.
              "spoiler": Mitchell is miniaturized by an alien device and Dr. Lee accidentally steps on him before they can devise a cure.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                "spoiler": Mitchell is miniaturized by an alien device and Dr. Lee accidentally steps on him before they can devise a cure.
                *Looks innocent*...ah the heck with innocent
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  AT[On her fans] I've been incredibly touched by the wealth of endorsement I've received. A couple of years ago I went on a trip to the Middle East to support our troops and was presented with a friendship wristband crafted by some of them. The teams out there wear them as a mark of friendship and comradeship. It meant so much when they presented one to me. I wear it still. An amazing group of people called GABIT (Get Amanda back In Town) organized a "gathering" in London. I was a little nervous at first, wondering if anyone would buy tickets, and then worrinying that they would return their tickets, as I had to cancel twice. Once because of work commitments, the other because of an extremely important event - I became pregnant with my first child. Everyone was truly outstanding. They waited two years for me to appear, and when I did the outpouring of love and encouragement is something I will always cherish.
                  Amazing that she didn't realize how people would clamor for tickets. So modest. But "that's just another aspect of her perfection" to paraphrase Felger.

Thanks for sharing these quotes. And I love that picture of her in the bar. She *does* look young & great as usual.

Comment

Well TPTB may think that Cam is the leader, but many fans ( a large percentage) know the truth, Sam is the true leader of SG1 no matter what they try to sell us. Don't they remind you of telemarketers that keep trying to sell you things you don't want
                    On that note, it looks like "The Scourge" is scheduled for tonight on Sci Fi. Check it out for evidence that Sam is the one exhibiting true leadership.

Comment

Regarding recent (big!) spoilers...

Spoiler:
                      I wonder if Sam getting badly wounded is what converts Daniel back from being a prior? Of course, how he would avoid going up in flames after healing her might be a tricky issue...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Originally posted by ReganX
                        Spoiler:
                        Let's hope that Sam isn't too doped up on morphine.
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm hoping that they use that opportunity to remind us about Jolinar and the physical changes she left on Sam's body. Namely the naquadah making her more resistant to sedatives (as per Desperate Measures). Would be a quite cool scene to have Mitchell worried about the amount of Morphine she's taking without showing much relief (even counting for the fact that people in pain have a higher threshold for it than an uninjured person)
                        AD, that's exactly what I was hoping for
                        Spoiler:
                        that the morphine injection could lead back to a Jolinar-aftereffects reference. I wonder if the writers (et. al.) know how many points they score with their fan base when they tie things back to earlier episode content? Those types of references always impress me!
                        Last edited by astrogeologist; 23 June 2006, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Regarding recent (big!) spoilers...

Spoiler:
                          I wonder if Sam getting badly wounded is what converts Daniel back from being a prior? Of course, how he would avoid going up in flames after healing her might be a tricky issue...
                          Eek! As cool as that would be...

Spoiler:
                          I don't think I want Daniel to be Priorized for any longer than one or two episodes, and I certainly don't want SG-1 going offworld on multiple missions without him.

That'd be just too much. But the prospects of OT3 bonding are very intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Eek! As cool as that would be...

Spoiler:
                            I don't think I want Daniel to be Priorized for any longer than one or two episodes, and I certainly don't want SG-1 going offworld on multiple missions without him.

That'd be just too much. But the prospects of OT3 bonding are very intriguing.
                            Spoiler:
                            Where does this ep fall in relation to Daniel's prioritization ( ) and MS's break from filming?

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              Yeah, Deej, I know what you mean!

Spoiler:

You are evil. You are.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                                Without going off on some kind of weird, freaky art diatribe, um, yes. The entire compostion of the piece is hinky. The ad doesn't work because it has no spatial logic. This brings to mind something Pre-Renaissance along the lines of Cimabue or Berlinghieri, where the artist didn't know how to accurately convey a realistic space with depth, and instead fell back on hierarchical scaling to fill up the frame. The only difference is that back in the late 13th/early 14th century art hadn't moved beyond such rudimentary depictions.

Here in this piece, the characters were obviously just dropped in together against the background. Daniel is in the actual foreground relative to the others, but then Cameron is plastered over the foreground in a confused, slapdash manner. Even the placement of the rest of the characters is artlessly done. On top of all that, everyone's gaze is directed to a different spot. That automatically confuses the viewer, as does the mismatched poses of the characters. Teal'c and Vala point you to the left frame, Sam to the right, Landry faces straight ahead, Mitchell is moving to right, but Daniel is focused to the left distance. In short, there is no center, no focus to the ad, and therefore, no real meaning or underlying message trying to be conveyed. It's just a bunch of images pasted together. How professional.

ETA: Funny enough, this looks possibly like something I would come up with. This is not a compliment; the mistress of art, she visits me not. Seriously, I'm like Unas level here.

while sam is facing in a different direction she is looking in the same direction as daniel and teal'c. vala seems to be looking straight ahead, as does landry (oddly enough possibly looking in the same direction as her) but cameron is the only one looking in a different direction to anyone.

now. one could apply a certain level of symbolism to this.

the three originals are looking in pretty much the same direction with their eyes.

aside from this, check out the height of each character and positioning in greater detail. cameron and daniel are the same height, although cam is placed prominently in front of daniel. then behind them are sam and landry, placed close enough in proximity although sam has been given greater height. further behind them but on the other side are teal'c and vala. there doesn't seem to be much tinkering with the height of them because it would look a little too ridiculous to have vala the same height as teal'c, but vala is in a sort of subtley suggestive pose. now, cam and daniel are very much in the centre of the picture.

does anyone else feel that this is more than just coincidence and most likely a potential indication of things to come?

Comment

Working...
                                X