Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek
    So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!



    Spoiler:



    Cheers,
    geeek

    I like!

    I also liked the last one.

    I am no help.

    Comment


      Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Aww, Sky! That's so cool! Do you think it'd be OK if mine found its way into your hot, little (generous) hands at Shore Leave?
      sure. that works too.

      i'll be happy to take any anyone wants to give me at shore leave, bring them home and scan them in for mini
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by minigeek
        So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!
        Facial recognition is much better, but the head seems out of proportion to the body

        Comment


          I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Yay! Going to upstate NY. It's so very pretty there. Can't wait. Really wish I had a camera.

          And hopefully my one friend will lay off the Sam-hate while I'm there. Just don't feel like dealing with it. Of course I have a massive earache today, and that makes me very grumpy.

          Edit because I can't let my 800th post be a grumpy one!

          So-I totally love Sam! And Amanda Tapping. And this thread!

          That's better.

          Comment


            Originally posted by minigeek
            So, as some of ya may recall (or not) I never really liked the way the head and facial features turned out on my last sketch illustration, so I'd been trying to redo it (the result is several attempts long) and I'm still not 100% satisfied. Anyway, I was going for younger looking, sassy but without as much of a rambo edge (lol) - might as well share anyway. I don't know if it's better or worse or just as in between!



            Spoiler:



            Cheers,
            geeek

            it's great, min!!




            sally
            sally

            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by jckfan55
              And let's not forget the infamous Season 8 faxing scene. We can have her temp for the secretaries. In their defense, on the commentary, they did mention something about AT having to leave work early that day, which is why she ducked out of the scene fairly quickly.
              yeah, i can't hold that one against them

              IIRC, taping ran late, she had a doctor's appt and real life takes precedence
              Where in the World is George Hammond?


              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by jckfan55
                Yes, the writers lately can't seem to help themselves with going overboard. "Let's let Sam have a love interest who doesn't die" became the notorious Pete saga. "Let's have an episode that's just 'fun romp' " became let's have the character *every week!* and not worry about developing her. "Let's get away from Sam's personal life" became let's get away from Sam entirely.
                Bah humbug.
                but we know what the other big sam storyline going was, right? and since that storyline was given to mitchell... what were they supposed to do with sam now?





                sally


                ps - it's TOO HOT in southern california!!
                sally

                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by stargate barbie

                  caption this!
                  Spoiler:




                  (put in spoilers because its a big pic.)
                  i can't; my mind went dirty immediately with that pic.

                  okay, it's always in dirty territory, but with a cleanish haze to it.

                  okay, it's always dirty!

                  did i mention i can't do that caption?

                  bye.




                  sally
                  sally

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by majorsal
                    but we know what the other big sam storyline going was, right? and since that storyline was given to mitchell... what were they supposed to do with sam now?





                    sally


                    ps - it's TOO HOT in southern california!!
                    And they failed to utilize the storyline opportunities that Sam's loss of command provided them with - for all characters, not just Sam herself.

                    I'm just grateful that they didn't try to ship Sam with Mitchell. I like being able to eat.

                    Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Facial recognition is much better, but the head seems out of proportion to the body
                      That's 'cause it's a cartoon character illustration; not a still-life. *snerk*

                      No, seriously though. Her head was drawn seperately this time, but if you take into account how baggy her clothing is (it's deliberately comic-ed out), and the perspective issue with the gun, imagine she wasn't wearing all that huge baggy clothing (which I'm sure is soooo hard for you, AD ) ... do you still really think so? I guess I can just measure. But I've stared at it so long, I'll have one of the composite guys check it out at work tomorrow and gimme some more feedback, too.

                      EDIT - > Do you think this is any better a perspective?

                      http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7...e06bghd9qa.jpg

                      Last one:
                      http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5...06sms2b2iu.jpg

                      I'm still on the fence.

                      mg
                      Last edited by minigeek; 29 June 2006, 06:55 PM.

                      Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Edit because I can't let my 800th post be a grumpy one!

                        So-I totally love Sam! And Amanda Tapping. And this thread!

                        That's better.
                        Conrgats on 800, Dj!!!
                        Last edited by minigeek; 29 June 2006, 06:48 PM.

                        Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by minigeek
                          That's 'cause it's a cartoon character illustration; not a still-life. *snerk*

                          No, seriously though. Her head was drawn seperately this time, but if you take into account how baggy her clothing is (it's deliberately comic-ed out), and the perspective issue with the gun, imagine she wasn't wearing all that huge baggy clothing (which I'm sure is soooo hard for you, AD ) ... do you still really think so? I guess I can just measure. But I've stared at it so long, I'll have one of the composite guys check it out at work tomorrow and gimme some more feedback, too.

                          EDIT - > Do you think this is any better?

                          http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7...e06bghd9qa.jpg


                          mg
                          Dunno about the edit - there is still something wrong with the perspective. I notice the one you have in your sig (just the upper torso of the older sketch) looks much better. I think its something with the leg and feet that makes it look odd to me.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Dunno about the edit - there is still something wrong with the perspective. I notice the one you have in your sig (just the upper torso of the older sketch) looks much better. I think its something with the leg and feet that makes it look odd to me.
                            It's the exact same sketch, only one is colorized (except the head, which I drew later, obviously, on this one). If anything, there's more bulk in the color version but there's some pretty heavy foreshortening going on perspective-wise. It's meant to look a little bit bulky and comic-y. Beyond that though, something "wrong"... Hm. The prelim sketch leaves much for your own head to fill in intuitively, which it does automatically, it's really just a suggestion of lines in space; whereas the colorized one takes that automatic process away, that may be why it looks better to ya from a perspective POV. Her back leg is thinner and smaller because it's farther back. But I'll ask the guys at work tomorrow, see what they say, too.

                            Here's an overlay of the prelim on the final (the one I posted today):
                            http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3896/overlay9mn.jpg

                            (Wait a second! This is the guy who keeps *defending* the characters and the writing for season nine! What the heck am I listening to him for?!)
                            Last edited by minigeek; 29 June 2006, 07:22 PM.

                            Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                            Comment


                              Now at #9

                              Comment


                                The celeeb top ten.

                                1. Jennifer Garner
                                2. Michael Vartan
                                3. David James Elliott
                                4. Renee O'Connor
                                5. Catherine Bell
                                6. Lucy Lawless
                                7. Hayden Christensen
                                8. Nathan Fillion
                                9. Amanda Tapping
                                10. Ben Browder

                                Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X