Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie
    i feel kinda bad cos we just beat nathan fillion, and i want all his babies, but sacrifices must be made. i had the same guilt when we passed RDA.

ah well. we rock because amanda rocks.
    I have no idea who Nathan Fillion is, but I feel a bit bad about RDA. I might vote for him a bit once we are secure. I think he's close to moving up a place.

Comment

Good night all. I've got to get my Mom to bed. Yeah #8.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
        THANKS BARBIE....I greened ya for that!!!

Hey, JanSam--thanks for trying to make this video available. I wouldn't have a clue on how to do it!

Just a sidenote: On spoilergate, Morjana posted this little tidbit from the Dallas Morning News (from this morning). The newspaper has a GOOD KID section and interviews a person about where he or she lives, likes and dislikes, interests, etc. So today they featured a young woman who is off to college this Fall and her interests are in Theatre and English. They ask the Good Kid a number of questions and one of them was: Who would you most like to meet? And she named a Disney animator (sorry forgot the name) and Amanda Tapping (actress)!
        Last edited by chocdoc; 30 June 2006, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Just a bit about 'stalker' pete and Cassie. First, we don't even know of Sam found out about him doing a background check, because even if Jack found out, he wouldn't tell Sam because she was happy - he wouldn't ruin that.

Second, I do think Cassie would have liked the guy, because despite everything he was a nice guy, and he did love Sam even though I felt he resented her work a little.

And I do think that Sam cared about him deeply, and could forgive him following her (only because she understands that that is part of who he is). But I think when she said yes, she was so caught up in the need of something stable, she forgot to check is she really loved him that much. In the end, Sam wasn't all the nice to Pete either ya know. Which seemed ver OOC, but at the same time... I could see it in the abstract working.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

true. i do think that sam was more in love with being in love than with pete

i think that after grace, she was bound and determined to have a life...and wasn't gonna let herself get waylayed by any doubts.

pete was different, convenient,and despite his bad writing (imho, 'stalker' came more from sloppy writing than a real effort at characterizing), basically a good guy.

he's not bad, he was just written that way
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
              Just a bit about 'stalker' pete and Cassie. First, we don't even know of Sam found out about him doing a background check, because even if Jack found out, he wouldn't tell Sam because she was happy - he wouldn't ruin that.
              She knew he was a stalker. Pete even said: 'You didn’t run away when I stalked you.' Maybe she didn't know about the background check, but she knew he followed her...

Comment

Yeah, but I don't think following her qualifies him as a 'Stalker'... I think it qualifies him as stupid and in desperate need to switch of his detective brain. But not a stalker.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                he's not bad, he was just written that way
                I think the engagment coming out of no where was what was really written badly (and I refuse to get into how annoyed I was at her accepting it, at a crime scene, after her friend was kidnapped)...

Pete himself, I actually quite liked tbh. I just didn't like how the relationship progressed.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

the thing about the background check, when someone works in a place like Sam does, her file is likely flagged and Pete's friend, Farraday likely got a call from his boss within a few hours and was asked why he ws looking into her.

which means that hammond likely was notified, as was Jack.

I think they told her. They'd have to to give her permission to tell pete about the project.

As to letting Pete in on the secret? I think they did it to control him.

Before he was told, he was a loose canon. But once Sam told him, he had to sign the non-disclosure. She quoted him chapter and verse about which treason law he was abiding by and how much trouble he'd get into.

Once he was brought in, he was controlled. And if he got too curious again, he'd find his tush under arrest within the hour

There is also the fact that Pete's behavior would effect how Sam was trusted. it's quite common for spouses of Agents and the like being cleared by security since, if the spouse is a vulnerabilty, so is the agent

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but I don't think following her qualifies him as a 'Stalker'... I think it qualifies him as stupid and in desperate need to switch of his detective brain. But not a stalker.

I think the engagment coming out of no where was what was really written badly (and I refuse to get into how annoyed I was at her accepting it, at a crime scene, after her friend was kidnapped)...

Pete himself, I actually quite liked tbh. I just didn't like how the relationship progressed.
                    yeah, there was such an emphasis...then Pete goes away and isn't mentioned for weeks, and whammo, there he is and oh look, he's got a ring

sigpic

Comment

And I do think that Sam cared about him deeply, and could forgive him following her (only because she understands that that is part of who he is). But I think when she said yes, she was so caught up in the need of something stable, she forgot to check is she really loved him that much. In the end, Sam wasn't all the nice to Pete either ya know. Which seemed ver OOC, but at the same time... I could see it in the abstract working.
                      i didn't think she was mean to him. i mean, how do you break up with someone in a nice way? and we really don't know what excuses she gave to him, because she didn't just break off the engagement, but the whole relationship.

but i really, REALLY, REALLY hope his character is NOT on the show again. i pray 'threads' was the end of his story. please

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        I have no idea who Nathan Fillion is
                        Captain Mal Reynolds from the show 'Firefly'

Comment

I agree Sky that Sam would have been flagged because of what Pete did. But that being said, I don't think she was told about the background check, because I don't think Jack would have told her (and probably convinced Hammond to do the same)...

But yeah, Pete was def. told because he was a loose canon. They get to have some control over him now he has the knowledge, although I wonder if her had to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i didn't think she was mean to him. i mean, how do you break up with someone in a nice way? and we really don't know what excuses she gave to him, because she didn't just break off the engagement, but the whole relationship.
                          I think she wasn't exceptionally nice. She strung him a long for a while, knowing she was having second thoughts. Then, when she broke up, she seemed to want more from him.

She wasn't mean, but it wasn't handled well either .

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Captain Mal Reynolds from the show 'Firefly'
                            Still drawing a blank...

Comment

Still drawing a blank...

edit: He plays the lead character from the show that Adam Baldwin (Colonel Dixon from 'Heroes'), Jewel Staite (Elia from Atlantis' 'Instict') and Morena Baccarin (who will be playing the adult Adria in s10) were from. In fact, going by the track record of using Firefly actors, I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan Fillion guest stared on a Stargate ep

Comment

Still drawing a blank...

don't feel bad, i don't know who 'paris' is, or 'chris young', 'lacuna coil', 'ben r', 'mcleod's daughters', ... which means i don't recognize the majority of ppl.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X