Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you haven't seen the last of Linnea...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      Well, you haven't seen the last of Linnea...
      That's what I like to hear, haha. I would've been pretty upset if they'd just left that and moved on.
      On to "Gamekeeper"!

Comment

Yeah, our dear, sweet Linnea does return...
        sigpic

Comment

"The Gamekeeper" (2x04) review here!

Got another one done today. Not an overall significant episode, as far as I'm concerned, but I liked some of the themes, such as reality versus virtuality, changing the timeline, etc. The Keeper was a little too out-there and flamboyant to be much of anything other than annoying to me, though.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I felt about this episode. Not very significant, a bit irritating of a character (although I like the actor). The minor shifts each time a scene replayed was interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
              The Keeper was a little too out-there and flamboyant to be much of anything other than annoying to me, though.
              He was played by Dwight Schultz who is known for playing flamboyant characters. The Keeper was suppose to come off as humerus. He had a starring role in The A-Team as "Murdock" for four years. He also was to have a cameo in the 2010 movie based on the series, but I don't recall seeing him in the movie. He also had a recurring role in Star Trek: The Next Generation (5 episodes) and Star Trek: Voyager (6 episodes) as "Reginald Barclay." He also had a cameo as Barclay in Star Trek: First Contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                He was played by Dwight Schultz who is known for playing flamboyant characters. The Keeper was suppose to come off as humerus. He had a starring role in The A-Team as "Murdock" for four years. He also was to have a cameo in the 2010 movie based on the series, but I don't recall seeing him in the movie. He also had a recurring role in Star Trek: The Next Generation (5 episodes) and Star Trek: Voyager (6 episodes) as "Reginald Barclay." He also had a cameo as Barclay in Star Trek: First Contact.
                Whoa! I remember Barclay from FC! Briefly, yes - but that's so weird!
                And he seemed extremely familiar. I've seen nearly episode of TNG. Probably saw him somewhere. xD Thanks for the info. (:

Comment

Got another one done today. Not an overall significant episode, as far as I'm concerned, but I liked some of the themes, such as reality versus virtuality, changing the timeline, etc. The Keeper was a little too out-there and flamboyant to be much of anything other than annoying to me, though.
                  Gee, I always liked "Gamekeeper"...not for the character,yeah he was incredibly annoying...but we got a a hugely important bit of Daniel's backstory...which I always thought was pretty significant.
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                    Gee, I always liked "Gamekeeper"...not for the character,yeah he was incredibly annoying...but we got a a hugely important bit of Daniel's backstory...which I always thought was pretty significant.
                    Mmm, good point there. I just kind of wish they'd gone a little further into that aspect of the episode. It felt more plot-driven than character-driven to me. I kept getting the feeling that something seemed missing during those scenes.. and it was kind of a shame.

Comment

Yes, we do get some insight into Daniel's past in this episode. But do they ever follow up on that particular trauma? I mean, it's pretty significant, yet it's treated like a postscript. The Jack/Charlie trauma is dealt with much more.
                      sigpic

Comment

And you'll get to see the VR used again...later in the series.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Yes, we do get some insight into Daniel's past in this episode. But do they ever follow up on that particular trauma? I mean, it's pretty significant, yet it's treated like a postscript. The Jack/Charlie trauma is dealt with much more.
                          I'm not sure what kind of follow-up that trauma needs...I'd say that knowing that he watched his parents being crushed by those stones is pretty much all we need...the only thing we get that might be considered "follow-up" is the S4 episode "Crystal Skull".
                          sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                          http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                            I'm not sure what kind of follow-up that trauma needs...I'd say that knowing that he watched his parents being crushed by those stones is pretty much all we need...the only thing we get that might be considered "follow-up" is the S4 episode "Crystal Skull".
                            follow up in the sense that it had to have impacted his life in an extremely important way, similar to the importance of how the death of Charlie impacted the life of Jack. Jack has recurring issues. Daniel has none? And he's the sensitive one?
                            sigpic

Comment

I think Daniel's issues come from a lot of things, not just the way he lost his parents. For that matter, I think Jack's come from multiple sources as well, including not only Charlie but also Iraq and probably a host of other things.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Yes, of course Jack has issues re: Iraq et al. but we do revisit the Charlie trauma more than once in different ways. I don't want to go into any details that would involve spoilers. However, such an enormous thing to happen to Daniel had to have shaped him, yet it has nil effect. I don't buy it. There is no way that someone as sensitive as Daniel is purported to be can experience that and not have a lasting impact. I think the writers just forgot about it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X