Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey ... have a Bra'tac Christmas Marie (CMWriter) & eveyone else ...

bratac_happy.jpg

Comment

Good idea!

Comment

Baaahh!! /Apophis

So sorry guys! Marie got lazy/busy over the holidays (too busy "squee"-ing over my new SG-1 shirt and various other gifts (such as the entire Harry Potter 8-film collection and what must be the greatest, fuzziest blanket in the galaxy)) but now I'm back and I finally have that review done for you, that crazy season 5 episode known only as

"Between Two Fires" (5x09)
        I actually really enjoyed this, despite my rant about Tanith and the fact that he's still not dead. Such a slimeface. I suppose part of the appeal for me was the recognition that even a really advanced race like the Tollans can't win every battle. Yes, they ultimately avoided giving a very powerful Goa'uld exactly what he wanted... but you've got to admit that the implications are pretty frightening. Whoever he is, he led a near-perfect society to implement a conspiracy that nearly ended a lot of lives.

Comment

Nearly end? The unnamed Goa'uld completely wiped out the Tollans
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Nearly end? The unnamed Goa'uld completely wiped out the Tollans
            Okay, I meant like... WORLDS, plural. Other than Tollana. Countless planets.
            All I'm saying is that it could have been even worse, despite how terrible it already had become.

Comment

the poor Tollans - my Toll booth has been erected in memory of them.

Edit: BTW - I'm with your mom here, I like the looks of Tanith too!
              Last edited by Nolamom; 27 December 2011, 05:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                the poor Tollans - my Toll booth has been erected in memory of them.
                It was indeed quite sad. I really did like them, what with the Triad and saving Skaara and all that business back in the third season. They were good people put in a really bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                  It was indeed quite sad. I really did like them, what with the Triad and saving Skaara and all that business back in the third season. They were good people put in a really bad situation.
                  The Tollan wew basically in a no win situation. Either be wiped out by the Goa'uld or betray their allies. Whatever way you slice it they were going to come out bad.

I almost wrote down the Goa'uld responsible. You would have been ticked off at me
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Baaahh!! /Apophis

So sorry guys! Marie got lazy/busy over the holidays (too busy "squee"-ing over my new SG-1 shirt and various other gifts (such as the entire Harry Potter 8-film collection and what must be the greatest, fuzziest blanket in the galaxy)) but now I'm back and I finally have that review done for you, that crazy season 5 episode known only as

I actually really enjoyed this, despite my rant about Tanith and the fact that he's still not dead. Such a slimeface. I suppose part of the appeal for me was the recognition that even a really advanced race like the Tollans can't win every battle. Yes, they ultimately avoided giving a very powerful Goa'uld exactly what he wanted... but you've got to admit that the implications are pretty frightening. Whoever he is, he led a near-perfect society to implement a conspiracy that nearly ended a lot of lives.
                    Welcome back! Great review...
                    P.S. What does your mom think about Teal'c?

Comment

I finally have that review done for you, that crazy season 5 episode known only as

I wrote a short story about one of the Tollan survivors in the comments; it's in two parts because it goes a bit over the 4096 character limit. It starts a bit sadly, but don't worry, because everything works out OK.
                      Last edited by davidf; 28 December 2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, I have some.. kinda bad news about the blog.

Well, I got lazy over break and didn't work on the blog. (Whoops. I was also rewatching with my folks, so it's not like I completely let go of SG-1! (; ) Well, anyways, I'm basically here to give you all the unfortunate news that it's only been the first week of school and I'm already swamped. My classes are a lot more work than last semester and that means, in order to get enough studying and time in, some things have to be put on hold...

...some things like Stargate.
                        (Insert sad face here.)

If the semester goes on and I find I'm able to do things like my papers and online lectures/quizzes and massive amounts of reading more quickly, I might pick the blog back up, but there's a very real possibility you won't hear from me until... spring break.
                        /grimace
                        I'm really sorry, but I'm sure you guys can understand how school has to come first. But hey! Over the summer you'll get lots of updates. And finals are over after the first week of May.

You are all wonderful, creative, supportive people and I'll miss your delightful comments. But this isn't so much "good-bye" as it is "see you later". (:

Do you think I could write fan-fic and call it practice for my English 252 "Intro to Writing Fiction" class?

Comment

I wondered where you'd gotten to! Yes, school must come first. I don't see why you couldn't fit a fic into a creative writing assignment. You certainly have a knack for capturing the characters, so all you have to do is come up with a plot. I've been giving exams this week. The new semester starts next week. Good luck with your studies. Will look forward to hearing from you again in the spring.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw, that's a shame, CM. But you're right, it's more important to concentrate on your studies. Stargate will always be there when you get the time.
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                            X