Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that one is a bit meh. I'm not much into Native American mythology. I suppose if you're a fan of that, then it has more appeal.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Yeah, that one is a bit meh. I'm not much into Native American mythology. I suppose if you're a fan of that, then it has more appeal.
      I suppose that's actually part of why I was kind of disappointed. I am interested in Native American mythology but by the end there wasn't a whole lot of mystery left... But, I'll get that in the review. xD Gaah!

Comment

Well, the review for "Spirits" (2x13) is done.
        It was just.. ugh.. "meh". It wasn't bad by any means and it had its moments.

Got another one! Slightly better episode with "Touchstone" (2x14)... loved the government conspiracy aspect. This is SRS BSNS.
        Also, I still don't like Maybourne. But his face after Teal'c's line ("In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you.") was pretty priceless.
        Last edited by CMWriter; 08 October 2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Whoo-hoo, finished with "The Fifth Race" (2x15)! Solid episode right there.
          I'm really curious about the other two races we don't know hardly at all: The Ancients and the Furlings. But really, I was just kind of like, "What the heck?" at the word "Furlings". Just.. yeah, no. I just get this image of Tribbles in my head. Tribbles that do more than hiss and purr and eat grain and multiply asexually.

Comment

You will see the Furlings at some point, I promise.

And the Ancients become a key part of the series, as do the Asgard.
            sigpic
            Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post

I've figured that if someone gets mentioned by name, I'm probably going to see them eventually. That's why it's so important to pay attention (and I've kind of parodied that already, haha).

I'm on a roll today because there's an episode at the end of this season I really want to get to because the title is... very intriguing. (Let's just say I am a major sucker for things that might indicate time travel. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is one of my favourite movies of all time, because it's so hysterical and things like that.) So without further ado...

"A Matter of Time" (2x16)
              Wormholes. Stargates. Black holes. This episode's got everything!

Comment

You've reached my favorite episode!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  You've reached my favorite episode!
                  Matter of Time?
                  It was a good one for Carter, that's for sure. Maybe O'Neill.
                  I was saddened by the fact that Jackson wasn't around, though I'm not sure how much he could've really contributed to the plot anyways. It's my impression that physics isn't necessarily his forte. I like it when everyone's equally important.
                  (...though I don't complain when Teal'c gets the spotlight, hehe~)

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                    I was saddened by the fact that Jackson wasn't around, though I'm not sure how much he could've really contributed to the plot anyways.
                    I'm assuming that by this time you've been clued in that Michael Shanks wasn't around because he and the actress who played Sha're were having a baby.

And RDA wasn't in Spirits much for basically the same reason (attending the birth of his daughter).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      I'm assuming that by this time you've been clued in that Michael Shanks wasn't around because he and the actress who played Sha're were having a baby.

And RDA wasn't in Spirits much for basically the same reason (attending the birth of his daughter).

Seaboe
                      ...Oh, wow! I didn't know that! See, you are just like my.. wealth of information. I love it.

Another blog done! This time it's...
                      ..."Holiday" (2x17).
                      Strangely, I rather liked this episode. I thought it had some good moments and some great dialogue. Quite funny, actually. Loved the interactions between RDA and Chris Judge. Yeah, I say that a lot, but it never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post

When...pray tell...do we ever see the Furlings?
                        sigpic

Comment

200 but I don't think this is really canon.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            200 but I don't think this is really canon.
                            That episode is a parody episode...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                              Loved the interactions between RDA and Chris Judge. Yeah, I say that a lot, but it never gets old.
                              ...so, you've seen the MacGyver episode that Chris is in, then? Now that's old.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                ...so, you've seen the MacGyver episode that Chris is in, then? Now that's old.

Seaboe
                                Yes, I have indeed seen it! Quite funny to see them both in that. MacGyver's the man though.

'Nother review.. "Serpent's Song" (2x18)
                                This episode was just... "Holy Hannah!" What can I say?
                                Well, that's why I wrote about a 700+ word "Final Thoughts" section. There was so little yet so much that happened in this episode. It really was one of those "true colours" kind of storylines, where you see what these characters are really made of. A few facets came out, some familiar, a lot unfamiliar, that surprised me a little.
                                Good stuff though. Anxious to see what's going on with Sha're... but I suppose that'll wait.
                                I almost feel bad for Apophis, even though he is a jerkface. Well, no, more accurately, I feel bad for his host. =/

Comment

Working...
                                X