Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    You have to have a brain to live
    Not if you're Spock..!
    "Brain and brain? What is brain?!"
    (Okay, no, we're not going there. Not in this thread. Think happy thoughts! Happy thoughts.. go to your happy place... away from terrible Star Trek: TOS 3rd season episodes..)

Hey, look! The review for "There But For the Grace of God" (1x20) is right there!
    Whoa. Truly brilliant episode. That's about all I can say here. If anything, skim down to my "final thoughts" to see just what I thought of this, besides "FREAKING AWESOME" and obvious reactions like that.

Comment

Hey, guys, just a heads up:
      I can't/haven't figured out how to properly reply to someone's post on the Blogspot website, so if you ever want to see if I replied (which I usually/always do) just go back to the page. (:

Also, Season 2 is in at the library for me. Yeah! I just need to go down and get it~

Comment

Technically documentaries are reality tv
        Real reality instead of hollywoodized reality
        You have to have a brain to live
        I'm not entirely sure about that...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Real reality instead of hollywoodized reality

I'm not entirely sure about that...
          Who gets the authority of what is real and what is not?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Who gets the authority of what is real and what is not?
            Good point. However, programs like "Survivor" and the like have contrived games to make meaningless competitions between pretty or popular people to drum up sympathy amongst the viewing public. Documentaries, on the other hand, (at least the ones I watch) tend to present rather plain facts without the persuasion factor and without the contrived excitement. Frankly, how persuasive/exciting is a program about geology or astronomy?

Sorry, don't mean to de-rail CMWriter's thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Good point. However, programs like "Survivor" and the like have contrived games to make meaningless competitions between pretty or popular people to drum up sympathy amongst the viewing public. Documentaries, on the other hand, (at least the ones I watch) tend to present rather plain facts without the persuasion factor and without the contrived excitement. Frankly, how persuasive/exciting is a program about geology or astronomy?

Sorry, don't mean to de-rail CMWriter's thread.
              Just to play Devil's Advocate even scientific facts in a documentary have a bias towards a certain viewpoint.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just to play Devil's Advocate even scientific facts in a documentary have a bias towards a certain viewpoint.
                True - Continental Drift is the currently accepted geological theory of plate techtonics. That could change, but documentaries support it right now. There is some question about the accepted dimensions of the universe - is it limitless or are there in fact, boundaries? Depends on which documentaries you watch. Interesting debate.
                sigpic

Comment

Haha, don't worry about the thread, guys. It's all about TV (which is what I'm watching, duh) so I don't mind! You could say that certain sci-fi series, while fictional, also have biases and points they want to get across. Even between the Star Treks they all seemed to have different philosophies and the like.. very interesting!

So, no, carry on. I find this fascinating. (:
                  ...But right now I need to watch "Politics".
                  AVAST!

Comment

The facts don't have a bias; the way in which they're presented might. Just wanted to clarify that...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      The facts don't have a bias; the way in which they're presented might. Just wanted to clarify that...
                      Thank you Captain Obvious
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Salute when you say that, airman...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Hey, I'm the OP. I automatically outrank all of you!

Got another blog up, this time for "Politics" (1x21). Augh, what a cliffhanger! I might have to watch the season finale tonight, hit the sack to muse over it, and then rewatch and write my review tomorrow. I have a feeling this is going to be intense.
                          I want the Stargate to stay open!
                          I want Teal'c to stay on Earth!
                          I want Kinsey to stop being an idiot!
                          But most of all, I don't want my Craisins to run out!
                          I've been eating them all night!
                          (SO good.)

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                            Hey, I'm the OP. I automatically outrank all of you!
                            LOL! But when you get to the episode where my avatar appears, you'll understand why it was an appropriate comment for me to make, given that he is my avatar.

In other news: Mmmmm, Craisins!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Okay, got it. I assume I'm a ways off still. xD
                              YES, CRAISINS. I ate so many last night; ugh what a bad idea.

So here's the deal:
                              I have seen the season finale.
                              It blew my mind.
                              But I still need to write that blog AND a reflection on Season One as a whole before I dive into Season Two -- which I really want to just do RIGHT NOW. But I have about six million things (actually, just two) going on tonight. D|

Just so you guys know, it is coming! Slowly but surely!

In the meantime, have a fanfic. Takes place during the very first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                                Okay, got it. I assume I'm a ways off still. xD
                                Yeah, he's in the 16th ep of Season 2, "A Matter of Time".

By the way, some people's DVD sets have certain episodes out of order. The best way to make sure you're watching them in the order they first aired is to go by the numbering that Gateworld uses. They're all sorted by US air date, both original and in syndication. For example off the top of my head, some DVDs list "A Matter of Time" as 215 and "The Fifth Race" as 216, when in actuality they aired in the opposite order. AMOT is 216, and TFR is 215. I think there are other out of order listings in the discs as well.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X