Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching SG-1 for the first time! Plus a blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
    You'll come to like the Unas. Thats all I'm going to say. lol
    i perfer the asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      i perfer the asgard.
      I never cared much for the Unas myself. The Asgard, now they are just fantastic.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I never cared much for the Unas myself. The Asgard, now they are just fantastic.
        I concur...the Asgard are awesome!
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't met the Asgard yet, have I? o-o
          'Cause right now I'm kind of digging the Nox. Peace is always right in the end. I really liked the episode. Oh, and review is here for your reading pleasure. (:

Hoping to see ever more unique aliens in the future. I mention this, but I really do kind of hate Apophis' voice. Ruins the whole visual appeal of his character. :C

Oh.. and I should add that I really loved seeing Armin Shimerman on the show as a guest star. He was from Star Trek: DS9, which is my favourite scifi of pretty much all time. 8D
          Last edited by CMWriter; 04 December 2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
            I haven't met the Asgard yet, have I? o-o
            'Cause right now I'm kind of digging the Nox. Peace is always right in the end. I really liked the episode. Oh, and review is here for your reading pleasure. (:

Hoping to see ever more unique aliens in the future. I mention this, but I really do kind of hate Apophis' voice. Ruins the whole visual appeal of his character. :C

Oh.. and I should add that I really loved seeing Armin Shimerman on the show as a guest star. He was from Star Trek: DS9, which is my favourite scifi of pretty much all time. 8D
            No you haven't met the Asgard yet. They're pretty cool...did you see the episode the Fifth Race yet? If you saw that episode...you've met the Asgard.

Ooo...lordy...on another note...DS9 is one of my least favorite Sci-fi shows...only eclipsed by the boring horror that is BSG. (all IMHO of course) *just wanted to clarify that I mean the recent reboot of BSG...not the original series in the 70s. It was cheesey but galaxies better!
            Last edited by LtColCarter; 24 September 2011, 10:20 PM. Reason: added clarification...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              No you haven't met the Asgard yet. They're pretty cool...did you see the episode the Fifth Race yet? If you saw that episode...you've met the Asgard.

Ooo...lordy...on another note...DS9 is one of my least favorite Sci-fi shows...only eclipsed by the boring horror that is BSG. (all IMHO of course)
              Nope, I just looked it up and "Fifth Race" is Season Two. Got a little ways to go.

Really? :O Well, haha, I guess to each his/her own. I have very varied interests when it comes to TV.. I'm sorta picky, but not that picky. I get into most well-written shows no matter what the premise.

Thanks for being my continuous support over here at GW. xD Really helps.

Comment

I enjoyed the *original* BSG, but the remake was not my cup of tea either. I don't like dark scifi...I prefer an optimistic future.
                sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the *original* BSG, but the remake was not my cup of tea either. I don't like dark scifi...I prefer an optimistic future.
                  This, precisely!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Well said. I don't mind dark episodes or a dark story arc, but it becomes tedious if it takes up the entire series.

Comment

Whoa, BSG talk. Let me get through SG-1 first, okay guys? xD
                      Here's your next blog. I know I'm getting a little out-there with my "next episode predictions" things but they're incredibly fun to write. My guilty pleasure is fanfiction - particularly crossovers.

Comment

Funny Enterprise crossover scene you did at the end!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
                          Nope, I just looked it up and "Fifth Race" is Season Two. Got a little ways to go.

Really? :O Well, haha, I guess to each his/her own. I have very varied interests when it comes to TV.. I'm sorta picky, but not that picky. I get into most well-written shows no matter what the premise.

Thanks for being my continuous support over here at GW. xD Really helps.
                          My TV watching is varied as well. However...BSG (remake) was a bit too depressing. It was a day time soap opera set in space. I used to call it "As the Spaceship Turns." LOL.

I knew that "The Fifth Race" was an early season episode...and I think it is our first encounter with the Asgard (if memory serves). O'Neill has a lot going on in his frawn in that episode! Don't ask what "frawn" means...don't wanna spoil it for ya!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            My TV watching is varied as well. However...BSG (remake) was a bit too depressing. It was a day time soap opera set in space. I used to call it "As the Spaceship Turns." LOL.

I knew that "The Fifth Race" was an early season episode...and I think it is our first encounter with the Asgard (if memory serves). O'Neill has a lot going on in his frawn in that episode! Don't ask what "frawn" means...don't wanna spoil it for ya!
                            Thor's Chariot is the first encounter with a real Asgard.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, darn you guys, now I want to get to season 2 ASAP! This is frustrating but I don't want to skip! xD I really enjoyed what I did with X-Files; going straight-through but this time I didn't want to make the journey alone.

Oh, and I think I've officially become kind of obsessed with Stargate in general... I created this little avatar in Photoshop to use on other sites, since I'm on a few other forums:

Comment

Nice avatar!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X