Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

fanwank for me is all that's out of proportion for no real reason

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        update on my tauri heavy gunship for the GWMCT
        Spoiler:
        sleek N blocky (N study-lookin) all at once--Asg, Tau'ri, Anc designs altogether?
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
          sleek N blocky (N study-lookin) all at once--Asg, Tau'ri, Anc designs altogether?
          trying to incorperate the asgard, tauri and lantean tech without it becoming uber.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
            An example of rambling for your pleasure

Humphrey: Prime Minister I must strongly protest in the strongest possible terms, my profound opposition to a newly instituted practice which imposes severe and intolerable restrictions upon the ingress and egress of senior members of the hierarchy and which will in all probability, should the current deplorable innovation be perpetuated, precipitate a constriction of the channels of communication and culminate in a condition of organisational atrophy and administrative paralysis which will render effectively impossible the coherent and coordinated discharge of the function of government within her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Hacker: You mean you've lost your key?

And this gem

Sir Humphrey: With Trident we could obliterate the whole of Eastern Europe.
            Jim Hacker: I don't want to obliterate the whole of Eastern Europe.
            Sir Humphrey: It's a deterrent.
            Jim Hacker: It's a bluff. I probably wouldn't use it.
            Sir Humphrey: Yes, but they don't know that you probably wouldn't.
            Jim Hacker: They probably do.
            Sir Humphrey: Yes, they probably know that you probably wouldn't. But they can't certainly know.
            Jim Hacker: They probably certainly know that I probably wouldn't.
            Sir Humphrey: Yes, but even though they probably certainly know that you probably wouldn't, they don't certainly know that, although you probably wouldn't, there is no probability that you certainly would.
            hilarious, although besides bein a great xample of humor this sounds like it could be an example of probabilistic psychology--wonder if this subfield even xists?
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

As the title of the thread suggests, either text or graphic is fine, just don't go posting some uber monster that has us all going wtf or simply falling over with laughter. Even modeling efforts can get the same reaction, as you might see if you go back a few pages. One poster here really got sodded off, because he took critique a little bit too harshly and never came back
              u mean as in uber monster with a conceptual so self-contradictory b/c o paradoxical stats?

Nope back at my civvie job for the mo'. My next deployment is in a few weeks time, though it is likely to be land based to somewhere I'd rather not go
              just curious--do u also do civvie engineering?
              n curious how that job accomodates ur deployment?

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              trying to incorperate the asgard, tauri and lantean tech without it becoming uber.
              nice design concept--especially like the 'wind-like' rectangular components in the far back

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              huh? say again?

Sketchup can do brilliant things look at some of my stuff all of it is made with SU and it can do it in half the time it takes in blender or most other programs.
              I meant I, bein a newbie usin Sketchup, practiced fr few hours bef sketchin any ship concept that looked better than a few standard 2-D shapes thrown together (circle, triangle, square); it'd take me a while just to visually manifest even a fighter I already had a quite detailed idea of had in my head; utilisin the system of cg line n curv variations to sketch designs gracefully, synthetically, n efficiently after masterin the more basic sketchin skills; welp, i'lll to throw lots time to inevitably improve my skill

Originally posted by StargateWatcher
              I meant I, bein a newbie usin Sketchup, practiced fr few hours bef sketchin any ship concept that looked better than a few standard 2-D shapes thrown together (circle, triangle, square); it'd take me a while just to visually manifest even a fighter I already had a quite detailed idea of had in my head; utilisin the system of cg line n curv variations to sketch designs gracefully, synthetically, n efficiently after masterin the more basic sketchin skills; welp, i'lll to throw lots time to inevitably improve my skill
              did watch Sketchup demo vids, but they only xplain so much
              Last edited by KatG; 06 April 2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

k guys, I'm gonna be rough-ideaing, describin, then modelling to perfection over time various space-vessels fr my fanfic on fanficton.net, "Tauri-Furling: First-Contact and Alliance"

I've envisioned the Furlings to be light-elves in this first o 3 Tau'ri-Furling stories. Have so far 30%ish conceptualization o my ideas fr fighter n cruiser. Gunship, frigate, carrier,bomber, troop transp, n others not yet. Above all, want them to have Stargate-ish Furling-s-as elves-like vis essence , as opp to havin Warhammer, Shadowcraft, Fading Sun, etc, etc n etc visual essence.

Much appreciate ur help to fuly conceptualize n, finally d.t.r., model these!

Will credit anyone who does fr any help. Let's have fun!

Comment

What sort of style you thinking for the ships?

as in: short, long, Fat, slim, i toyed with furlings haveing a =n angular crystal at the end of their ships like a crystal spear tip
                  Last edited by Naquadah_nut; 06 April 2010, 06:37 AM.
                  sigpic
                  THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

For those interested a new fleet is being planned and developed in a new thread, please join in and contribute, for those concerned this is a brand new fleet and its completely open to new ideas, ships, races, timelines, storylines, anything is possible. Take a look and get involved, you wont regret it.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                      What sort of style you thinking for the ships?

as in: short, long, Fat, slim, i toyed with furlings haveing a =n angular crystal at the end of their ships like a crystal spear tip
                      thank u very much fr respondin n offerin to help, Naquadah_nut
                      I was thinkin of long, thin, types vessels fr all the diff funcntion typs
                      curious: would this crystal be functional as well as decorative? how long wld it be?

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                      For those interested a new fleet is being planned and developed in a new thread, please join in and contribute, for those concerned this is a brand new fleet and its completely open to new ideas, ships, races, timelines, storylines, anything is possible. Take a look and get involved, you wont regret it.
                      will look fr it; in sci-tech sec, yes?

Comment

first of all your writing hurts my eyes.

second, yes the Furlings bear much resemblance to the elves in many ways.

as for tech, why not have a combo of crystal and organic tree-like?

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                          u mean as in uber monster with a conceptual so self-contradictory b/c o paradoxical stats?

just curious--do u also do civvie engineering?
                          n curious how that job accomodates ur deployment?

If you mean civil engineering, no that's a different field altogether. And being a Mechanical Engineer does help in my Naval realm. As a CDT officer we're often faced with IED problems that require a mechanical approach, rather than electrical sometimes.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Will be there asap, well sooner if I can Immho
                          Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          first of all your writing hurts my eyes.

second, yes the Furlings bear much resemblance to the elves in many ways.

as for tech, why not have a combo of crystal and organic tree-like?
                          Now for probably a first here on OSDT, I'm going to agree with the Killman, GW etiquette, save your texting for your cell phone, write out full words and sentences here, you'll be more appreciated then, otherwise people will ignore you in time. Tree like? Hmmmm, I've often thought of the Furlings as elves, but organic tech, doesn't seem to ring true with the race that was on a par with the Ancients
                          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I always think of the nox as the organic type, but im sure there may be many advantages with organic technology like the nox and wraith.

My crystal was to be a combination sensor pallet and prismatic cloaking device, i see the furlings as the secretive stalk in the shadows type, apart from the asgard the other 2 races in the alliance were big on cloaking tech. but the asgard didnt have to live in our galaxy so i think the furlngs were big on it too.

The ship i had in my mind was like a stretched version of the dial device from the utopian planet ep, with a opaque to clear crystal running at the front with a gold tan hull and purple running lights
                            sigpic
                            THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

^^^Sounds a plan, I like the crystal analogy muchly
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I'm thinking of a new fighter for the SG realm, but as I'm new to the series (only up to season four SG1) I could use some tips and pointers here

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

Working...
                                X