• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt have to be full organic

Comment

less discussion moreee shipsssss

Comment

i do agree, but based on what weve seen of furling tech it seems more a black metal and crystal gig with some gold decoration lol, plus i know its not exactly a fool proof notation but their writings seem very..mechanical to me, like the ancients its blocky and seems fit to be machine code sort of thing. but i respect anyones idea of furling tech, as its sort of a what does god look like sort of thing, no one seen him so ppl have different ideas but im sure if TPTB decide to show the furligs they will be cgi and totally unfurry
        sigpic
        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Haha some reasons we might not see any of their ships is because they probably bio-degraded before we started exploring the universe.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
            but why not have a balance NN?

two races of uber non organic tech and two with uber organic tech?

updates on my 501:

ive made the entire "bridge deck" section to be able to detatch in case of emergency.

the section has its own hyperdrive and sublight engines that has limited range. emergency shield emitters,. and beaming tech. the small "blisters" on the top of the section are for food storage sensor arrays and the big ones are 4 "hot bunking".
            its coming along Marc! good stuff.

Comment

Like the idea of the uber escape pod on you 501 lol, tht would be a cool command post ship in its own right, just a floating command centre
              sigpic
              THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                thats the nox's gig isnt it? all one with the plant and animals, their city ship was like someone dug up a forrest and covered atlantis with it
                Yep that is for sure, Atlantis like very, with nature covered all over it

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                but why not have a balance NN?

two races of uber non organic tech and two with uber organic tech?

updates on my 501:

ive made the entire "bridge deck" section to be able to detatch in case of emergency.

the section has its own hyperdrive and sublight engines that has limited range. emergency shield emitters,. and beaming tech. the small "blisters" on the top of the section are for food storage sensor arrays and the big ones are 4 "hot bunking".
                Nice one very well coming along
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Hey guys, thought you all could weigh into this discussion here
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...Affairs/page17

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

thats the nox's gig isnt it? all one with the plant and animals, their city ship was like someone dug up a forrest and covered atlantis with it
                    good job distinguishing between Wraith/Nox tech-styles

[QUOTE=Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei;11379269]but why not have a balance NN? two races of uber non organic tech and two with uber organic tech?

I'm probably not gonna go that direction, but your suggestion's got a nice, poetic balance-theme to it

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    doesnt have to be full organic
                    My Furling will use organic means sometimes, like planting lots of trees in designated areas of their starship to generate oxygen. The excess oxygen it poduces will be dispersed by hyper-efficient ventilation tech throughout the ship's interior at safe levels. Sometimes nature's methods work better than human methods.

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                    less discussion moreee shipsssss
                    People post ship ideas on this site so they can consult others and create better ships. Please don't rush people but rather help them.

i do agree, but based on what weve seen of furling tech it seems more a black metal and crystal gig with some gold decoration lol, plus i know its not exactly a fool proof notation but their writings seem very..mechanical to me, like the ancients its blocky and seems fit to be machine code sort of thing. but i respect anyones idea of furling tech, as its sort of a what does god look like sort of thing, no one seen him so ppl have different ideas but im sure if TPTB decide to show the furligs they will be cgi and totally unfurry
                    I personally think the Furling language is more lilkely the Quenya-elven looking script at and the Nox are the ones who use the script u mention with sqaurish strucutures and dots rom Heliopolis. JMO though; Asgard, Ancient easier to distinguish from therest.

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Haha some reasons we might not see any of their ships is because they probably bio-degraded before we started exploring the universe.
                    well-thought-out wittiness here haha
                    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      So funny, but you might be right

Comment

My Furling will use organic means sometimes, like planting lots of trees in designated areas of their starship to generate oxygen. The excess oxygen it poduces will be dispersed by hyper-efficient ventilation tech throughout the ship's interior at safe levels. Sometimes nature's methods work better than human methods.
                        Technically speaking, most oxygen on Earth is actually produced by sea plants/bacteria. Trees have their use, and you may be able to double the use by making them fruit trees

I've got something "special" coming soon which is a joint work by me, Choo1701, and Alx Expect it in a few days
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          So funny, but you might be right
                          That's that practical debunker in me.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                            Technically speaking, most oxygen on Earth is actually produced by sea plants/bacteria. Trees have their use, and you may be able to double the use by making them fruit trees

I've got something "special" coming soon which is a joint work by me, Choo1701, and Alx Expect it in a few days
                            thanx for the idea and headsup!
                            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Well, I've completed my Furling basic fightercraft modelled using Sketchup. I don't think I've created created a great piece of art--it''s somewhat crappy not least proprotionwise and view-angle-wise. I'm doin this as my first-ever Sketchup project, so please goe easy on me.

To help improve my sketching ability, please leave whatever advice you have about making it more...appealing? logical? something like that--I especially welcome anyone who's used Sketchup and can tutor me in mastering the various drawing functions to improve my concept-art.

I've tried uplodading the file into upload manager, but can't drag this "invalid file" into the uploading box to atach it to this post. Anybody able to help here?

Comment

^^^ I'm sure one of these fine artistes will help, I'm still struggling even to open the SU page

Comment

Working...
                                X