This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    Well, I've completed my Furling basic fightercraft modelled using Sketchup. I don't think I've created created a great piece of art--it''s somewhat crappy not least proprotionwise and view-angle-wise. I'm doin this as my first-ever Sketchup project, so please goe easy on me.

To help improve my sketching ability, please leave whatever advice you have about making it more...appealing? logical? something like that--I especially welcome anyone who's used Sketchup and can tutor me in mastering the various drawing functions to improve my concept-art.

I've tried uplodading the file into upload manager, but can't drag this "invalid file" into the uploading box to atach it to this post. Anybody able to help here?
    File > Export > 2D Graphic > Title it > Save it > Attach it to your post
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
      File > Export > 2D Graphic > Title it > Save it > Attach it to your post
      I'll retry usin ur method, Boberth. Thanx much!
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I'll retry usin ur method, Boberth. Thanx much!
        Anytime
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I'll retry using this method, Boberth. Thank u much!
          I was able to export it as a 2D file, but have lost the "attach" function that should be right above this
          textbox; eek. I'll keep tryin--maybe I needed to press and use the "go advanced" posting to access an attach function.

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          ^^^ I'm sure one of these fine artistes will help, I'm still struggling even to open the SU page

Indeed. Boberth was nice enough to oblige. I feel your frustration--it's certainly a much more severe operating problem than I've had, and I get more frustrate than the average person for worse when In incur IT problems.
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

instead of uploading it just take a sceen cap of the craft. I would suggest using a render but its too early lets just see what it looks like and go from there...how does that sound?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=StargateWatcher;11380746]good job distinguishing between Wraith/Nox tech-styles

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
              but why not have a balance NN? two races of uber non organic tech and two with uber organic tech?

I'm probably not gonna go that direction, but your suggestion's got a nice, poetic balance-theme to it

My Furling will use organic means sometimes, like planting lots of trees in designated areas of their starship to generate oxygen. The excess oxygen it poduces will be dispersed by hyper-efficient ventilation tech throughout the ship's interior at safe levels. Sometimes nature's methods work better than human methods.

People post ship ideas on this site so they can consult others and create better ships. Please don't rush people but rather help them.

I personally think the Furling language is more lilkely the Quenya-elven looking script at and the Nox are the ones who use the script u mention with sqaurish strucutures and dots rom Heliopolis. JMO though; Asgard, Ancient easier to distinguish from therest.

well-thought-out wittiness here haha
              I think that what you describes are called Dyson trees :

- Wikipedia
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                instead of uploading it just take a sceen cap of the craft. I would suggest using a render but its too early lets just see what it looks like and go from there...how does that sound?
                using Ctrl+printscreen for a cap is more complicated then making a 2d export mate...

Comment

Solitude.

(quick scene i threw together so i could try out my new textured sheild object.)

Comment

I think that what you describes are called Dyson trees :

- Wikipedia[/QUOTE]

They are in one of my favorite books "space" by stephen baxter, which include large ring shaped objects that break you down and transmit you as energy to a corresponding ring at you destination, but its constrained by the speed of light. its referenced on that wiki page about dyson trees
                    sigpic
                    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      Solitude.
                      [IMG]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/i/2010/098/7/d/Solitude_by_AlxShipyards.jpg[/IMG

(quick scene i threw together so i could try out my new textured sheild object.)
                      That city spell bonds me.

Comment

hey guys, was just browsing google for a nice front on stargate for an animation im working on (would gladly accept any decent image/ models you guys have) and i found this ship image

They called it the Achilles and its really well done, wondered if tht person was in here, and if not...why not! its about on par with you Alx

http://qwerty30.deviantart.com/art/s...illes-73806733

ps. have a look through his gallery, some of tht stuff might be best iv seen, almost episode quality
                        sigpic
                        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                          hey guys, was just browsing google for a nice front on stargate for an animation im working on (would gladly accept any decent image/ models you guys have) and i found this ship image

They called it the Achilles and its really well done, wondered if tht person was in here, and if not...why not! its about on par with you Alx

http://qwerty30.deviantart.com/art/s...illes-73806733

ps. have a look through his gallery, some of tht stuff might be best iv seen, almost episode quality
                          Very nice detail and modeling, though i'm not partial to the long nose. Just seems useless to me. Maybe someone here knows who made it

There are ALOT of great modelers/texturers out there. Many of them are sci-fi fans i'd wager simply because of the great ships and such they've seen on shows. I've seen beautiful shots of Daedalus and such that make the ones on the Show look almost simple in comparison. With time comes experience and better and better quality.
                          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            That city spell bonds me.
                            thanks bud! glad you like it

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post

that is Alnairs Achilles he is a guy over at Scifimeshes and some other forums and a very good modeler.
                            currently on LSA there is a build of an achilles inspired mesh By Deliciousman so for anyone intrested the link is in my sig.

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                            Very nice detail and modeling, though i'm not partial to the long nose. Just seems useless to me. Maybe someone here knows who made it

There are ALOT of great modelers/texturers out there. Many of them are sci-fi fans i'd wager simply because of the great ships and such they've seen on shows. I've seen beautiful shots of Daedalus and such that make the ones on the Show look almost simple in comparison. With time comes experience and better and better quality.
                            most of us SG modelers know of alnair

and agreed!

Comment

never heard of that guy. i first thought you spoke of Mckoy's achilles

Comment

Since the 'secret' is out, here's the information

This is a craft that's going to be featured in my Dark Frontier Fanfic.

Originally sketched by Choo1701, I did some photoshopping to the original image in order to come up with something that would work as a good concept for Alx.

Alx then knocked it out of the park with the below!

Traveler/Atlantean Hybrid Assault Craft

Ortho view

A mishmash of Earth/Asgard, Traveler, and Lantean tech, This hybrid craft is quite a bit different to most in the SG fandom as it doesn't use metal as its hull, instead using highly compressed Carbon (think diamonds) as a defense against the "Shade" who are able to digest metals.

Specific specs haven't been released in teh story yet, but here's a basic overview.

Technical specs:
                                • 5/6th the size of Daedalus
                                • Carbon composite hull
                                • Primary weapon = ???????
                                • 1 x Asgard Plasma Beam Weapon
                                • 2 x Particle Cannon Turrets
                                • 4 x High Caliber/Powered Forward Mounted Railguns
                                • 20 x Point Defense Railguns
                                • Powerplant - ???????
                                • Secondary power - Naquadria
                                • Crew complement - 60
                                • Classification - Fast Strike Craft
                                • Can hold 2 Jumpers are 2 Traveler Shuttles.
                                Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                                Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                                Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Working...
                                X