Originally posted by locutes View Post
    will I have to redraw them?
    afraid so if you want it smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
      looking good!
      and im happy you are adressing the front as it could use it
      good stuff.
      any chance of more angles? like front/bottom?
      Thanks.

Yeah the front looked okay to me until i added the armor paneling to the flight pods. It was the sides, the slope wasn't steep enough and it make it look awkward with the pods.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        instead of uploading it just take a sceen cap of the craft. I would suggest using a render but its too early lets just see what it looks like and go from there...how does that sound?
        thanx fr the suggestion; not sure how to do that, but I'm gonna instead try re-exporting n reattaching it now

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
        Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        good job distinguishing between Wraith/Nox tech-styles

I think that what you describes are called Dyson trees : - Wikipedia
        wasn't aiming for that concept specifically; read the article tho;. Freenman Dyson is an absolute genius of a scientist; known bout him fr long time but never delved much into Dyson Trees; knew he was talented in not just physics but other natural sciences like biology; one of the greatest physicists n in general scientists of all time--really too bad he didn't get the Nobel Physics Prize

Solitude.

(quick scene i threw together so i could try out my new textured sheild object.)
        u r the master modeller of Atlantis; curious--do u ever intend to utilise your Atlantis mods in say, a fan-made CGI movie or cartoon? usin this different medium from what the show to illustrate Atlantis allows us to visualize it better--wickedly cool

They are in one of my favorite books "space" by stephen baxter, which include large ring shaped objects that break you down and transmit you as energy to a corresponding ring at you destination, but its constrained by the speed of light. its referenced on that wiki page about dyson trees
        kind o like the stargate concept, eh? xcept with a slighly lower capacity
        cool, thanx for sharing!
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Right of Left
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

OK guys, I've finally managed to upload n attach my primitive sketch.
            It's not finished, as I ran into some user-caused-problems with the paintbucket; I was trying to "splash" the paint onto the craft's one unpainted surface but failed probably because I need to somehow "select" that particular facet to paint.

I apologize in advance if this fighter drawing makes anyone begin to dread the possibility of OS created to a similar degree of lousiness.

TF FF Furling Fig&#1.jpg
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Right of Left
              hell to the Yes Bob now you are onto something there the new shape is def to my liking!
              id green ya for the change vut i need to spread!

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
                u r the master modeller of Atlantis; curious--do u ever intend to utilise your Atlantis mods in say, a fan-made CGI movie or cartoon? usin this different medium from what the show to illustrate Atlantis allows us to visualize it better--wickedly cool
                thank you.
                well of course id like to use em for cartoony movies etc but im afraid the rendering times are ludicrus and im not that patient but if i stumble over a renderfarm in the future there will def be some animations.

Comment

hell to the Yes Bob now you are onto something there the new shape is def to my liking!
                  id green ya for the change vut i need to spread!
                  Thanks I already changed some more of it because I disliked it. Now I'm content. And no time for fancy renders, here is one straight from SketchUp
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Thanks I already changed some more of it because I disliked it. Now I'm content. And no time for fancy renders, here is one straight from SketchUp
                    very nicely done! and thaks for letting us have a look at the geom nice and tidy to!

Comment

very nicely done! and thaks for letting us have a look at the geom nice and tidy to!
                      Its my little pet peeve really, but it make sense in the long run. If you want to do something to your model and the geometry is messed up then it's going to mess up what you want to do. When i'm going to add ribs to the front I need all of those lines perfect or it's going to be a pain in the ass to make them look good.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Hey Stargate watcher, this is my quick design for what i was thinking, added a crystal dome like structure to the top aswell, its oni at 15 mins quick sketch but its the sort of basic shape-ish i was thinking for the furling equivalent of an alkesh or maybe a midsized cruiser.

I do stress, these are extremely primitive, there are no weapons, textures, windows, basic structures only. and not a finalised design, plus the gold wont be as in your face on final
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Thought y'all would like to see Alx's latest magnificence on my CG340 Iwo Jima cruiser

Spoiler:
                          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
                            Hey Stargate watcher, this is my quick design for what i was thinking, added a crystal dome like structure to the top aswell, its oni at 15 mins quick sketch but its the sort of basic shape-ish i was thinking for the furling equivalent of an alkesh or maybe a midsized cruiser.

I do stress, these are extremely primitive, there are no weapons, textures, windows, basic structures only. and not a finalised design, plus the gold wont be as in your face on final
                            Looking pretty good, you should start to add some more to the weapons and window so you can get some character!
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Before I turn in for the night I added some guns and finished to new body of the bottom of the nose. 45,000 polygons.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post

elegant, Furling-elf looking design, NN

thanx very much for takin all that time to brainstorm this up
                                I'm gonna start tryin to fit this vessel into my ff. Will let u know how what I come up with. Cruiser-size seems to be just about right. I'm imagining this might be one of the ships the Ga'uld copied some of their designs from, as it looks remotely like an al'kesh from behind. O course, as the ship designer, we on OSDT will consider ur background explanation to be the definitive one. Can't wait to see the added design details!

Comment

Working...
                                X