No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the interview Jasmina GO MARTIN!!!

Comment

HAPPY SINTERKLAAS!!!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Comment

I like your smilies Jumble!
          Happy Sinterklaas!In Poland it's called Mikolajki
          Wonder if Martin is preparing to Christmas What do we know about his family, has he got wife and kids?
          sigpic
          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Wife and two daughters I'll bet they'll just love having their gorgeous Daddy home for the holidays

*iz jealous of all the hugs*

Comment

Oh lolol, I just have to post after all the Sinterklaas wishes and the Martin Wood Sinterklaas song I'm watching Sinterklaas at Paul de Leeuw now ... I love Sinterklaas, am celebrating tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Sinterklass SamJackShipLover, hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow

Comment

Eh, Sinterklaas?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

People in the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas (Santa Claus) on December 5th
                    That's when they get all their presents. We have to wait until the 25th

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      I thought it had to do with Christmas! Thanks for making me a little less dense today.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

You're welcome

And while I'm here....................

Comment

Wife and two daughters I'll bet they'll just love having their gorgeous Daddy home for the holidays

*iz jealous of all the hugs*
                          Ohh! That's nice Haha I imagine their family videos- must look perfect Martin's a very good director after all

(a bottle imitating space ship)
                          sigpic
                          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Probably not, you know what they say about busmen's holidays

Edit: Imitating a spaceship? Hmmmm. I can think of another analogy

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              I thought it had to do with Christmas! Thanks for making me a little less dense today.
                              Actually...

It has nothing to do with Christmas! No! Sinterklaas and Santa Clause are quite the... opponants.
                              See... Yes, Santa is a... spin off from Sinterklaas. (Ok, it's the same guy) but over time it started to be two different feasts.

Sinterklaas (the way Dutchies celebrate) is a saint who, amongst other things, protects children. Therefore we celebrate his birthday, the day before the date of his death (due to the fact that it has been a childrens holiday ). Eventhough it started off as a religious thing, it's no longer that way. It now is more of a Old Dutch celebration. We mainly celebrate by buying presents, making surprises and writing poetry.

Christmas is the baby Jesus thing with the lights and big decorations. That we celebrate like most other Western countries do. Most with the more expensive presents and stuff. And an official Second Christmas day

Point is... Sinterklaas and Christmas are totally different things, even if the origins are pretty much the same. We have both holidays, but both have a meaning of their own.

...Yes, some Dutchies are quite fanatic about seperating our Sint from our Santa. Sorry

And eh... Yay Martin!
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Aw, sorry I got it wrong I read Sinterlkaas as Santa Claus (you have to admit they do sound the same ) So you get to do Christmas twice, sort of? Two lots of presents? Hmmm...I like the sound of that

Is it only the Dutch that do that? Or other countries as well? It's interesting how different cultures' celebrations differ. It's like the US celebrating Thanksgiving....I think they're the only ones that do that (but of course, I could have got that wrong as well )

Either way, I think we should start a new tradition and celebrate Martin Wood day (just wish we knew when his birthday was, that would at least give us a date to work on ) If we don't get an answer from Joe, I vote we pick a day and just celebrate the heck out it in Martin's name

Comment

Working...
                                X