The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I watched Lost City whilst managing to push all guttery thoughts of it's Director to the dark recesses of my mind

Considering what an action-packed and emotionally charged ep that is, the part that brought tears to my eyes was when General Hammond took command of the Promethius in order to go and watch SG1's six Don's passing has to have been one of the saddest things that happened this year.

*hugs*

It was Jumbly .

Rest in peace Don.

Comment

Nad, you're doing what to our niece? For a moment there it looked like you were going to turn her into the main course Have a good day, and don't drink too much
      That's what we do in Holland. We eat our children.
      And I'm having my first 'drink' right now How's the water been for you?

And funny you should mention Don S. Davis.
      At one point in the afternoon we were discussing known people who passed away this year. And I immediately thought of Don. (Fandom has one huge impact) andb my brother, being a former stargate viewer, was quite surprised he passed away. And it made me sad that there wasn't any mention of it in the Netherlands, even when he was a pretty known actor. That's when I'm glad there's GW.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

The water, tbh, is getting a little boring Thanks

Yes, because it meant so much to us when he died, I guess we tend to assume that the whole world knew

Comment

The water, tbh, is getting a little boring Thanks

Yes, because it meant so much to us when he died, I guess we tend to assume that the whole world knew
          *hugs jumble*
          Poor you

And I'm not sure. Even my mom knew him and she's not into sci fi. In fact, the first time she saw Stargate she went: Hey, I know him. He did a lot of stuff. Eighter way, it's a shame. He was awesome.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Nad just reminded me that I meant to post this here for Christmas Well better late than never

Comment

Yay!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hope you did too Josiane I'm just about ready, if I could just get my head out of my 'Martin' folder and get the pics into PS

Of course the big advantage to having the 12 days is that I'll have time to produce more stuff as we go along
                I did indeed, it's been lovely Not enough GW time though...

So an hour to go until the 12 days start... and yeah, it's a good thing it's spread out over 12 days because I only have one thing prepared so far

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Jumble have you seen this page??

http://ourstargate.com/oswooddeluise.shtml

There's a line down the bottom I think you'll particularly enjoy. I'll won't ruin it for you...
                I also loved the line about not being devastated if Sergeant Siler or Major Wood were to die... they clearly don't know you or Jumble or Nad

I watched Lost City whilst managing to push all guttery thoughts of it's Director to the dark recesses of my mind

Considering what an action-packed and emotionally charged ep that is, the part that brought tears to my eyes was when General Hammond took command of the Promethius in order to go and watch SG1's six Don's passing has to have been one of the saddest things that happened this year.

Oh yes, hear hear. And I know what you mean about it being strange that so many people (who aren't enlightened in the ways of the fandom) don't know him or that he died. I will never forget my reaction to the news - I read it online when I was sitting on the enquiry desk at work. I actually started crying and no-one I knew understood. Thank heaven for GW indeed
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  I did indeed, it's been lovely Not enough GW time though...

So an hour to go until the 12 days start... and yeah, it's a good thing it's spread out over 12 days because I only have one thing prepared so far
                  Er, I make it 10 hours 9am tomorrow morning

I also loved the line about not being devastated if Sergeant Siler or Major Wood were to die... they clearly don't know you or Jumble or Nad
                  I missed that one! Must have been the effect of the, er, 'other' line

Comment

That post was awesome Nad and Jumble!! So colourful and fun. *happy sigh*

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Indeed. I must say I was rather upset when I read that line. Luckily for me Siler has a better knack for getting injured that getting killed .

Comment

Er, I make it 10 hours 9am tomorrow morning

I missed that one! Must have been the effect of the, er, 'other' line
                      D'oh, yes of course Had it in my head it was midnight for some reason

The Siler/Wood line is about two thirds of the way down, after the stuff PdL says about how it doesn't matter how many spaceships you blow up if you don't show the effect it has on a character you care about. Which is soo true.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great article no? Can't believe we've never seen it before .

Comment

Great article no? Can't believe we've never seen it before .
                          Speaking of which, how did you find it? I never seem to come up with anything new despite searching and searching.........and searching.........

Although I did come up with a few new pics of Martin when I googled Damian Kindler

Edit: Ah, but he did say he wood be sad In any case, they can't kill off Major Wood, because then Martin woodn't have any more cameos, and that.....that's just unthinkable
                          Last edited by Jumble; 26 December 2008, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Speaking of which, how did you find it? I never seem to come up with anything new despite searching and searching.........and searching.........

Although I did come up with a few new pics of Martin when I googled Damian Kindler

I was looking for stuff to do with my fic so I typed in "Major Wood Stargate" and that was one of the hits. Goooood shizzle.

I may have had some wine.

Comment

I was looking for stuff to do with my fic so I typed in "Major Wood Stargate" and that was one of the hits. Goooood shizzle.

I may have had some wine.

Lucky you I'm still banned from alcohol Ironic when you think it wasn't me being drunk that caused it, and yet here I am unable to imbibe at Christmas I think he should be made to pay me compensation just for that

Comment

Lucky you I'm still banned from alcohol Ironic when you think it wasn't me being drunk that caused it, and yet here I am unable to imbibe at Christmas I think he should be made to pay me compensation just for that
                                ((((Jumble)))) I think he should! Perhaps in the form of a year's supply of wine for as soon as you are sufficiently recovered to imbibe You'll just have to get drunk on Martin's presence, or vicariously through us (I may have had one or two glasses of Baileys mmmmm )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X