Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I watched Lost City whilst managing to push all guttery thoughts of it's Director to the dark recesses of my mind

    Considering what an action-packed and emotionally charged ep that is, the part that brought tears to my eyes was when General Hammond took command of the Promethius in order to go and watch SG1's six Don's passing has to have been one of the saddest things that happened this year.

    *hugs*

    It was Jumbly .

    Rest in peace Don.

    Comment


      Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Nad, you're doing what to our niece? For a moment there it looked like you were going to turn her into the main course Have a good day, and don't drink too much
      That's what we do in Holland. We eat our children.
      And I'm having my first 'drink' right now How's the water been for you?


      And funny you should mention Don S. Davis.
      At one point in the afternoon we were discussing known people who passed away this year. And I immediately thought of Don. (Fandom has one huge impact) andb my brother, being a former stargate viewer, was quite surprised he passed away. And it made me sad that there wasn't any mention of it in the Netherlands, even when he was a pretty known actor. That's when I'm glad there's GW.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

      sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


      Comment


        The water, tbh, is getting a little boring Thanks

        Yes, because it meant so much to us when he died, I guess we tend to assume that the whole world knew

        Comment


          Originally posted by jumble View Post
          The water, tbh, is getting a little boring Thanks

          Yes, because it meant so much to us when he died, I guess we tend to assume that the whole world knew
          *hugs jumble*
          Poor you

          And I'm not sure. Even my mom knew him and she's not into sci fi. In fact, the first time she saw Stargate she went: Hey, I know him. He did a lot of stuff. Eighter way, it's a shame. He was awesome.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

          sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


          Comment


            Nad just reminded me that I meant to post this here for Christmas Well better late than never

























            Comment


              Yay!!!!!!
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

              sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website


              Comment


                Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Hope you did too Josiane I'm just about ready, if I could just get my head out of my 'Martin' folder and get the pics into PS

                Of course the big advantage to having the 12 days is that I'll have time to produce more stuff as we go along
                I did indeed, it's been lovely Not enough GW time though...

                So an hour to go until the 12 days start... and yeah, it's a good thing it's spread out over 12 days because I only have one thing prepared so far

                Originally posted by Sarai View Post


                Jumble have you seen this page??

                http://ourstargate.com/oswooddeluise.shtml

                There's a line down the bottom I think you'll particularly enjoy. I'll won't ruin it for you...
                I also loved the line about not being devastated if Sergeant Siler or Major Wood were to die... they clearly don't know you or Jumble or Nad

                Originally posted by jumble View Post
                I watched Lost City whilst managing to push all guttery thoughts of it's Director to the dark recesses of my mind

                Considering what an action-packed and emotionally charged ep that is, the part that brought tears to my eyes was when General Hammond took command of the Promethius in order to go and watch SG1's six Don's passing has to have been one of the saddest things that happened this year.

                Oh yes, hear hear. And I know what you mean about it being strange that so many people (who aren't enlightened in the ways of the fandom) don't know him or that he died. I will never forget my reaction to the news - I read it online when I was sitting on the enquiry desk at work. I actually started crying and no-one I knew understood. Thank heaven for GW indeed
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                Comment


                  Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  I did indeed, it's been lovely Not enough GW time though...

                  So an hour to go until the 12 days start... and yeah, it's a good thing it's spread out over 12 days because I only have one thing prepared so far
                  Er, I make it 10 hours 9am tomorrow morning



                  I also loved the line about not being devastated if Sergeant Siler or Major Wood were to die... they clearly don't know you or Jumble or Nad
                  I missed that one! Must have been the effect of the, er, 'other' line

                  Comment




                    That post was awesome Nad and Jumble!! So colourful and fun. *happy sigh*

                    Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    I also loved the line about not being devastated if Sergeant Siler or Major Wood were to die... they clearly don't know you or Jumble or Nad


                    Indeed. I must say I was rather upset when I read that line. Luckily for me Siler has a better knack for getting injured that getting killed .

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Er, I make it 10 hours 9am tomorrow morning



                      I missed that one! Must have been the effect of the, er, 'other' line
                      D'oh, yes of course Had it in my head it was midnight for some reason

                      The Siler/Wood line is about two thirds of the way down, after the stuff PdL says about how it doesn't matter how many spaceships you blow up if you don't show the effect it has on a character you care about. Which is soo true.
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                      Comment


                        Great article no? Can't believe we've never seen it before .

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                          Great article no? Can't believe we've never seen it before .
                          Speaking of which, how did you find it? I never seem to come up with anything new despite searching and searching.........and searching.........

                          Although I did come up with a few new pics of Martin when I googled Damian Kindler

                          Edit: Ah, but he did say he wood be sad In any case, they can't kill off Major Wood, because then Martin woodn't have any more cameos, and that.....that's just unthinkable
                          Last edited by Jumble; 26 December 2008, 02:28 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            Speaking of which, how did you find it? I never seem to come up with anything new despite searching and searching.........and searching.........

                            Although I did come up with a few new pics of Martin when I googled Damian Kindler


                            I was looking for stuff to do with my fic so I typed in "Major Wood Stargate" and that was one of the hits. Goooood shizzle.

                            I may have had some wine.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sarai View Post


                              I was looking for stuff to do with my fic so I typed in "Major Wood Stargate" and that was one of the hits. Goooood shizzle.

                              I may have had some wine.

                              Lucky you I'm still banned from alcohol Ironic when you think it wasn't me being drunk that caused it, and yet here I am unable to imbibe at Christmas I think he should be made to pay me compensation just for that

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Lucky you I'm still banned from alcohol Ironic when you think it wasn't me being drunk that caused it, and yet here I am unable to imbibe at Christmas I think he should be made to pay me compensation just for that
                                ((((Jumble)))) I think he should! Perhaps in the form of a year's supply of wine for as soon as you are sufficiently recovered to imbibe You'll just have to get drunk on Martin's presence, or vicariously through us (I may have had one or two glasses of Baileys mmmmm )
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X