The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*flops into thread*

So, beach day was a success. Last night I realized that I am soon to pick up and leave my entire life behind to move 3000 miles to a new country and then couldn't sleep, lol. So Andi and I picked up and fled the city for one of the state parks a bit north and sat on the beach with vancouver guide books figuring out 1) all the hiking trails we want to get to and 2) all the watering holes to try after for next week's trip.

Waterbabies SPF 50 is quite miraculous stuff. Barely got any color at all except for a few splotchy bits where I missed applying the sunscreen.

*hugs woohoos*

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*crawls in*

Long day!

My puppy is ill. Poor little thing was already quieter than normal today and tonight she got ill.

First she got in the rose bushes and cut her ear and went inside when we found everything under blood...this was actually a small cut so we disinfected it and she seemed okay with it.

Later in the evening I had a party with friends and all of a sudden she comes running towards me and starts to howl/peep(is that the right English word for it?) and doesn't stop. First I think it's an attention issue so I want to bring her to my parents ...but when I get in the kitchen she doesn't stop and crawls on my lap and doesn't move...when I check her I notice she has something in/with her throat.
      So we called the emergency weekend vet...luckily my own vet had duty that weekend so we went to him and he found out that she has a throat and airway infection...apparently something she ate must have hurt her so much (in her haste with all the people there) that she started to howl/peep.
      She got some medicine against the pain and is now on other pills too... Also she was put on a diet because she was on the "higher" weight for her age. It also could be the food she is getting...also she is now not allowed to get any snacks only her puppy food that has to go into some water to make it softer for her throat.

So sad to see her down like this... And this while we had a day out planned for tomorrow to go swimming and walking with two other dogs...

*sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Awww, poor Tjinta *huggles puppy* You are a good mamma, Jann At least now she will get better nice and quick

*huggles woohoos* wood morning
        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jann and Tjinta*
          Must have been scary! I hope she gets better soon
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Morning Woohoos,

*huggles for Jann and Tjinta* Poor little thing, but at least it doesn't sound too serious, so hopefully she'll be back to her bouncy self soon
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Morning Woohoos,

*huggles for Jann and Tjinta* Poor little thing, but at least it doesn't sound too serious, so hopefully she'll be back to her bouncy self soon

MoB, glad you had fun at the beach! Not surprised to hear you're feeling anxious about the big move though, it's bound to happen and probably knowing you're going to Vancouver anyway next week has made it seem more real - you're not just going on vacation, you're going to scout out your new home. *huggles*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                You spotted me ... So, um, 'Hi' *waves*
                *waves* So nice to see you *huggles*

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                I've been catching up on Sanctuary (Sky+'ed a few) and it made me think of you lot Not that you're abnormals or anything It's that director... What's his name again?

*huggles Jann* Hope Tjinta feels better soon

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

MoB, glad you had fun at the beach! Not surprised to hear you're feeling anxious about the big move though, it's bound to happen and probably knowing you're going to Vancouver anyway next week has made it seem more real - you're not just going on vacation, you're going to scout out your new home. *huggles*
                  Indeed. Of course, at the beach, Andi said, "when I come to visit you next year..." and in my brain I'm kind of hyperventilating, lol. She has plans to come twice a year. Sun and Ski. Which is good. Because my (future) kids need their Auntie Andi nearby! Someone has to teach them skills in badassery.

Jann- how's pup today:
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

MoB good to hear you had fun at the beach and I totally understand that you're anxious about your move!

The puppy is feeling better today. Already wanted to play a bit...she is still sleeping a lot too though, but she is taking her pills like a champ(that are hidden in the cheese) so it's good to see my puppy a bit happier!
                    sigpic

Comment

Jann....hope your puppy is feeling better, let her rest for soon she will be all over the place again.

MoB - totally moving to another part of the country can be quite daunting, trust me I know. But for all the anx it brings you it is a great and fun thing you are doing. You will be working so you are going to be making friends that way and I won't be that far away if you need a friendly face. You are always welcome to come for a visit. But look at all the fun and excitment this move it going to generate. You will be living in a new city so full of life. Canadians are friendly people and you will be there when TSE2 starts (whenever that is going to happen )!

Seriously, this is a big move, if you have doubts, now is the time to work them out. Talk to us about them if you want. I have made a really big move just 4 years ago leaving everyone behind so I do understand. Did I do the right thing, you bet and every day here, good or bad, still reconfirms the move was the right thing to do. If you don't have that attitutude, well then serious think about what you are doing....Is living in NYC worth it, do you love it there more than you would love living in Vancouver? Why did you pick Vancouver? It is an exciting city, but are you going to join in with the excitment or just sit back an wonder why did I move from everyone? Did you move there just to be around Sanctuary (I've heard sillier reasons). These are important things to think about. And worst comes to worst, you can always move back to the states if you like. But now is the time to get rid of as many doubts as you might have. Moving is not easy, but if where you are moving to really excites you, then it won't matter in the end. Trust me I know from experience!
                      sigpic

Comment

It’s almost here . . .

(Thanks to Oma-1 for the amazing Ship Day art!)

Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everyone you know!

Help spread the word by using the official Ship Day Sig and Avi:

(No hotlinking please.)

Come share all your love of Sam and Jack with your fellow Shippers
                        through art, fics, vids, lists, chat, and more!

Don’t Miss It!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Jann....hope your puppy is feeling better, let her rest for soon she will be all over the place again.

MoB - totally moving to another part of the country can be quite daunting, trust me I know. But for all the anx it brings you it is a great and fun thing you are doing. You will be working so you are going to be making friends that way and I won't be that far away if you need a friendly face. You are always welcome to come for a visit. But look at all the fun and excitment this move it going to generate. You will be living in a new city so full of life. Canadians are friendly people and you will be there when TSE2 starts (whenever that is going to happen )!

Seriously, this is a big move, if you have doubts, now is the time to work them out. Talk to us about them if you want. I have made a really big move just 4 years ago leaving everyone behind so I do understand. Did I do the right thing, you bet and every day here, good or bad, still reconfirms the move was the right thing to do. If you don't have that attitutude, well then serious think about what you are doing....Is living in NYC worth it, do you love it there more than you would love living in Vancouver? Why did you pick Vancouver? It is an exciting city, but are you going to join in with the excitment or just sit back an wonder why did I move from everyone? Did you move there just to be around Sanctuary (I've heard sillier reasons). These are important things to think about. And worst comes to worst, you can always move back to the states if you like. But now is the time to get rid of as many doubts as you might have. Moving is not easy, but if where you are moving to really excites you, then it won't matter in the end. Trust me I know from experience!
                          Hey Laurie,

Thanks for your advice. I have actually been planning a move to the PNW for almost 2 years. At this time last year I was waffling back and forth between Portland and Seattle. I would spend quiet nights on-call looking at real estate, and how midwifery was practiced in each and trying to figure out which town made more sense for me. I was planning on moving in January 2011. Then I went to Vancouver for a conference for work last summer (this was all before I was involved in this fandom) I totally fell in love with the city. Having lived in Canada before, I happen to love Canadians as well, and felt it was a shame I couldn't move here. At the conference, I met a number of Canadian midwives who told me to please come to Canada, they are desperate for skilled midwives. They talked to me about how midwifery is practiced there and it was actually much closer to how I envisioned practicing midwifery when I went back to school than anything I'd have the opportunity to do in the US. In the conference materials was the information on how to apply, and there I was.

I have a love/hate relationship with NYC. I came here 15 years ago to sing, and did so for a number of years. It's a GREAT town in which to be an artist. There are so many opportunities both to perform and to see outstanding performances. But NY is also ridiculously expensive. It's hard to be a single woman here (there are 5 women for every man). I want to have kids but I also don't want to raise them here. The quality of life here is poor unless you make quite a bit of money. It's exciting when you are a new college graduate, but when you are a little older, the crazy pace of life and always trying to get somewhere first to find the next best thing is just exhausting.

Leaving NY is a no-brainer for me. I had hoped to leave when I went to midwifery school. But #1 choice, Yale, wait-listed me while #2 choice, Columbia, accepted me, so I stayed. Then I ended up getting a job here right out of school despite looking out of state. I think the universe was guiding me to this time and place. Who knows?

I'm not nervous about my decision. I'm nervous about picking up and leaving the familiar and starting over. I have no doubts about it, it's just that it's a HUGE thing and I think that probably if I didn't have some trepidation over it, you'd be wondering what the heck was wrong with me. It'll great to have another friendly neighbor to the south. Thank you for your offer. The same hold true for you.
                          sigpic

Comment

*drops into the thread*

Hey guysssss!

*huggles*

Lookie what I made!!
                            Last edited by Devilish Me; 11 July 2011, 09:06 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Hey Laurie,

Thanks for your advice. I have actually been planning a move to the PNW for almost 2 years. At this time last year I was waffling back and forth between Portland and Seattle. I would spend quiet nights on-call looking at real estate, and how midwifery was practiced in each and trying to figure out which town made more sense for me. I was planning on moving in January 2011. Then I went to Vancouver for a conference for work last summer (this was all before I was involved in this fandom) I totally fell in love with the city. Having lived in Canada before, I happen to love Canadians as well, and felt it was a shame I couldn't move here. At the conference, I met a number of Canadian midwives who told me to please come to Canada, they are desperate for skilled midwives. They talked to me about how midwifery is practiced there and it was actually much closer to how I envisioned practicing midwifery when I went back to school than anything I'd have the opportunity to do in the US. In the conference materials was the information on how to apply, and there I was.

I have a love/hate relationship with NYC. I came here 15 years ago to sing, and did so for a number of years. It's a GREAT town in which to be an artist. There are so many opportunities both to perform and to see outstanding performances. But NY is also ridiculously expensive. It's hard to be a single woman here (there are 5 women for every man). I want to have kids but I also don't want to raise them here. The quality of life here is poor unless you make quite a bit of money. It's exciting when you are a new college graduate, but when you are a little older, the crazy pace of life and always trying to get somewhere first to find the next best thing is just exhausting.

Leaving NY is a no-brainer for me. I had hoped to leave when I went to midwifery school. But #1 choice, Yale, wait-listed me while #2 choice, Columbia, accepted me, so I stayed. Then I ended up getting a job here right out of school despite looking out of state. I think the universe was guiding me to this time and place. Who knows?

I'm not nervous about my decision. I'm nervous about picking up and leaving the familiar and starting over. I have no doubts about it, it's just that it's a HUGE thing and I think that probably if I didn't have some trepidation over it, you'd be wondering what the heck was wrong with me. It'll great to have another friendly neighbor to the south. Thank you for your offer. The same hold true for you.
                              I'm glad to see you have your head on staight about the move. You did more research then I did so brava! My guess is that Vancouver is also a great city for the arts. Give it a look see and you may prove me right. However, it is not a cheap city to live in either. NYC is still probably a lot more expensive, but don't be surprised at the cost of things there as well. Although if you aren't in the center of the city and away for the touristy stuff I am sure you will find housing to be more reasonable. At least you are near where a lot of fruits and veggies are grown, but beware of the taxes there! I wish you the best in your move. I hope it turns out to be even more spectacular than you can imagine.
                              sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Dee, what a groovy sig!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X