Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    MoB, I loved the song! Each time, I'm even more amazed by your voice.
    Aw, thanks! If you think I'm good, you should hear the people who sang with me. Amazing. I'm not comfortable putting up stuff of theirs, but if I see them putting clips on youtube when I get them the dvd, I'll point y'all to them.

    Originally posted by Jumble View Post


    MoB, if they didn't believe your name was Shark, what did they think it was?
    Stark. The put it on EVERYTHING. Crazy. It's not like Shark isn't on every piece of documentation I've given them like my CV, licenses, certifications & DEA. It's a little annoying.
    sigpic

    come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      How could you have missed out her Normandy outfit?!

      - I think only #3 had color and that was dark red.....would like to see Helen/Amanda in some color!

      Originally posted by Jumble
      Aw, lookit Jann's new puppy being all cute and clever - almost makes me want a dog........

      Almost
      - but the puppy is so cute! Think my cats would like a new playmate?

      Originally posted by Jumble
      MoB, if they didn't believe your name was Shark, what did they think it was?
      Don't feel bad, no one ever believes my last name is Perkiss they always want to make it Perkins...but it is the family name (at least that is what someone from Ellis Island made it and we kept it for about 120 years now

      Well time for a little breakfast than back to work on my new book! See ya all later! *huggles for all*
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Aw, thanks! If you think I'm good, you should hear the people who sang with me. Amazing. I'm not comfortable putting up stuff of theirs, but if I see them putting clips on youtube when I get them the dvd, I'll point y'all to them.



        Stark. The put it on EVERYTHING. Crazy. It's not like Shark isn't on every piece of documentation I've given them like my CV, licenses, certifications & DEA. It's a little annoying.


        My name is constantly misspelt - More, Moor, Moores, even Mure

        Originally posted by llp View Post
        - I think only #3 had color and that was dark red.....would like to see Helen/Amanda in some color!

        - but the puppy is so cute! Think my cats would like a new playmate?
        Cute it might be, but I've come unstuck with 'cute' before - cute puppies that pee on the floor and chew everything in sight, cute kids that turn out to be little monsters, and cute men that like to spread their 'cuteness' around


        Don't feel bad, no one ever believes my last name is Perkiss they always want to make it Perkins...but it is the family name (at least that is what someone from Ellis Island made it and we kept it for about 120 years now

        Well time for a little breakfast than back to work on my new book! See ya all later! *huggles for all*
        Have to admit, L.L. Perkiss is a very good name for an author
        Last edited by Jumble; 06 July 2011, 09:25 AM. Reason: Misspelt 'misspelt' :rolleyes:

        Comment


          MoB I wish I could sing like you! Amazing!

          Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Aw, lookit Jann's new puppy being all cute and clever - almost makes me want a dog........

          Almost
          She is special *huggles puppy*

          These days in our house she is now called "my shadow!"

          Originally posted by llp View Post
          - but the puppy is so cute! Think my cats would like a new playmate?
          I don't know...but the other question is...does the puppy like cats?

          Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Cute it might be, but I've come unstuck with 'cute' before - cute puppies that pee on the floor and chew everything in sight, cute kids that turn out to be little monsters, and cute men that like to spread their 'cuteness' around
          Gotta love everything that is "cute"
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by starlover View Post

            Gotta love everything that is "cute"
            Loving them is one thing - having them move into my house is quite another

            Comment


              Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Loving them is one thing - having them move into my house is quite another
              And that almost always happens with kids and pets...men...well...that's another story

              Is it btw bad that I still have to see the season ending of Sanctuary
              sigpic

              Comment


                I hear you all on the names. Though they don't make a mistake in my name (as calling me something else), my (first) name always gets misspelled. <.<

                Jakie.
                Not Jackie, Jacky, Jacquie (French way), or whatever combinations you can come up with.
                *sighs*

                Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                How could you have missed out her Normandy outfit?!

                I didn't! It's #23.

                Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Aw, thanks! If you think I'm good, you should hear the people who sang with me. Amazing. I'm not comfortable putting up stuff of theirs, but if I see them putting clips on youtube when I get them the dvd, I'll point y'all to them.
                Yes! I'd like that.

                Originally posted by llp View Post
                - I think only #3 had color and that was dark red.....would like to see Helen/Amanda in some color!
                Exactly! I left a lot of outfits out because they were black only. She looked great, but I want colors!

                Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Is it btw bad that I still have to see the season ending of Sanctuary
                Yes and no? It's a really GREAT episode, but you're not on the cliffhanger. Which is maybe better for your sanity?
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  And that almost always happens with kids and pets...men...well...that's another story
                  A very long and bitter one in my case I always seem to fall the the bad guys

                  Is it btw bad that I still have to see the season ending of Sanctuary
                  Me too, and it is bad Two more weeks until I get to see Carentan *kicks Itunes*

                  Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  I hear you all on the names. Though they don't make a mistake in my name (as calling me something else), my (first) name always gets misspelled. <.<

                  Jakie.
                  Not Jackie, Jacky, Jacquie (French way), or whatever combinations you can come up with.
                  *sighs*
                  Believe it or not, some people even manage to misspell my real name - they insist on putting an 'a' on the end instead of an 'e' Just one more reason why I hate it


                  I didn't! It's #23.
                  Oops!


                  Yes and no? It's a really GREAT episode, but you're not on the cliffhanger. Which is maybe better for your sanity?
                  I'd risk my sanity just to get to see it

                  Oh wait! What sanity?

                  Had to whiz over to Jo's earlier - she remembered at 5.30 that she was supposed to go to a meeting at Joel's new school at 6.30 and not only did she have nobody to take care of the other three boys but her car broke down as well TaxiMum to the rescue again

                  I really can't believe that Joel is moving up to Secondary School in September

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Jumble View Post

                    Have to admit, L.L. Perkiss is a very good name for an author
                    Why thank you.... but you do realize it is my initials and last name right!

                    Another beautiful if not slightly warm day in the PNW. Time to go outside and enjoy some of it....then I can always go grocery shopping....a necessary nuisance. But today, I feel like having strawberries, they have been soooo good recently. Yummmmm! So got to find my shoes and off I go! See ya all later.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      *sneaks in*

                      99 times on 100 my surname gets misspelled
                      it's not my fault if it's long and very uncommon!!! it should come from the mountains of Lecco and Bergamo. I did a bit of research about my family tree. The online birth register starts from 1861 and my dad's great-grandfather lived in the same town where my dad was born...so I dunno when my ancestors moved from some mountain valleys
                      btw...my surname just means "under the mountain"

                      *sneaks out to vid for Ship Day*
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

                      Comment


                        I feel all your pain my first name has at least 10 'official' ways of spelling it and I've seen quite a few novel inventions over the years. People often get my last name right - although only because I spell it for them before they get a chance to spell it wrong - but usually completely butcher the pronunciation. It's not difficult it works just like every other English word following every other English grammar rule..
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

                        Comment


                          *sneaks in*

                          *smooches and huggles Jan's puppy* So darn cute!

                          *walks around*

                          *smooches and huggles all the Wooohoos*

                          *sneaks back out*
                          sigpic
                          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

                          Comment


                            Yep. Never have an issue with people misspelling or mispronouncing my name. My last name is the most common one in the US and UK (2nd in Canada! WTF 'Li'). And I share a first name with a certain Sanctuary producer/star.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Me too, and it is bad Two more weeks until I get to see Carentan *kicks Itunes*
                              *kicks iTunes*
                              *squishy huggles Jumble*

                              Believe it or not, some people even manage to misspell my real name - they insist on putting an 'a' on the end instead of an 'e' Just one more reason why I hate it
                              *headdesk*
                              I really don't understand how people do it sometimes.

                              *waves to Sil & Dee*

                              Antoa, you're just lucky.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                                I feel all your pain my first name has at least 10 'official' ways of spelling it and I've seen quite a few novel inventions over the years. People often get my last name right - although only because I spell it for them before they get a chance to spell it wrong - but usually completely butcher the pronunciation. It's not difficult it works just like every other English word following every other English grammar rule..
                                The English language has grammar rules? Seriously? Oh, you mean all those rules that we have just so we can break them I often think that English must be one of the hardest languages to learn because of the weird spelling and grammar rules that have For example, how in the world does 'Lieutenant' get to be pronounced 'Leftenant'?

                                I'm sure there must be some kind of explanation *looks around for Josi*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X