No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Nad's efforts to disperse the ash cloud have worked! They're now saying that there is very little ash left and if it should come back to the UK there are plans in place to allow the planes to fly below it

Who knew she had that much puff?

Er...... that's the breath type of puff, not the ......... other kind

I do find it interesting that it's the younger Europeans that weren't so keen on Normandy because of the WWII story. I guess I was brought up with war films (and westerns ) so it didn't phase me - just a shame John Wayne couldn't make an appearance

Comment

*waves to all the Woohoos!*

My lurking radar went off. Did I spy my name a few posts back? Glad to see you're still hanging on to that one Jumble. I'm even gladder (more glad?) to hear your flight won't be cancelled. We need to test that theory that the PNW is strong enough to support another Woohoo without too much damage to the local environment. Time will tell though.

Is it too soon to say "Martinpicspam" again? How about "Amandapicspam" or "TPTBpicspam"? Do those produce the same result?
      What can I say? I'm a glutten for some good pics to drool over enjoy.
      sigpic

Comment

I have mixed feelings about ww2 movies. As a Jewish kid, we are inundated with stories of the holocaust from a young age, and visiting Yad V'ashem in Israel changed my life. But when they are done well, I get a lot out of them. As far as television episodes set in the era, I thought Normandy was entertaining revisionist history. For me it actually emphasised the AU-ness of the Sanctuary world, which was strangely comforting, lol.
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
          *waves to all the Woohoos!*

My lurking radar went off. Did I spy my name a few posts back? Glad to see you're still hanging on to that one Jumble. I'm even gladder (more glad?) to hear your flight won't be cancelled. We need to test that theory that the PNW is strong enough to support another Woohoo without too much damage to the local environment. Time will tell though.
          @ lurking radar! Yep, I love that sig

Oh, I'm sure the PNW will survive - I mean, how much damage can I do in just seven days?

Is it too soon to say "Martinpicspam" again? How about "Amandapicspam" or "TPTBpicspam"? Do those produce the same result?
          What can I say? I'm a glutten for some good pics to drool over enjoy.
          I'm not sure that "Amandapicspam" has the same magic powers, but Martin does.......

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            I have mixed feelings about ww2 movies. As a Jewish kid, we are inundated with stories of the holocaust from a young age, and visiting Yad V'ashem in Israel changed my life. But when they are done well, I get a lot out of them. As far as television episodes set in the era, I thought Normandy was entertaining revisionist history. For me it actually emphasised the AU-ness of the Sanctuary world, which was strangely comforting, lol.
            *hugs MoB*

AU-ness, definitely! They did kinda rewrite history just a little

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              *hugs MoB*

AU-ness, definitely! They did kinda rewrite history just a little
              Andi was actually bothered by the fact that
              Spoiler:
              they credited Tesla for breaking the Enigma cipher. She felt it discounted the work Alan Turik and the others did in actually breaking it. I just assumed that Tesla was part of the team and, being Tesla, decided the credit lay on his shoulders. But then I reminded her that Sanctuary was AU.

Overall I really enjoyed it. I still haven't had the chance to rewatch to write a coherent review.

Thanks for the hug Jumble, if for no other reason than my allergies are making me look like I've been punched in the face. I have to admit, it is worse when I work overnight. I just wish I could find an antihisthamine that works!
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Andi was actually bothered by the fact that
                Spoiler:
                they credited Tesla for breaking the Enigma cipher. She felt it discounted the work Alan Turik and the others did in actually breaking it. I just assumed that Tesla was part of the team and, being Tesla, decided the credit lay on his shoulders. But then I reminded her that Sanctuary was AU.
                Normandy

Spoiler:
                Ah, see, the ENIGMA thing made me laugh because it wood be the sort of thing Tesla wood have been involved in and because of the way he said "I did, didn't I?" But like I said, they took a fair bit of artistic licence with the whole thing really

Overall I really enjoyed it. I still haven't had the chance to rewatch to write a coherent review.

Thanks for the hug Jumble, if for no other reason than my allergies are making me look like I've been punched in the face. I have to admit, it is worse when I work overnight. I just wish I could find an antihisthamine that works!
                Aw Allergies can be a right pain in the butt - I think my cold has seen off the hayfever for the time being

Comment

Apparently Nad's efforts to disperse the ash cloud have worked! They're now saying that there is very little ash left and if it should come back to the UK there are plans in place to allow the planes to fly below it

Who knew she had that much puff?

Er...... that's the breath type of puff, not the ......... other kind
                  That's good to hear! Certainly seeing that I'm flying back next Monday!

I do find it interesting that it's the younger Europeans that weren't so keen on Normandy because of the WWII story. I guess I was brought up with war films (and westerns ) so it didn't phase me - just a shame John Wayne couldn't make an appearance
                  Hmm...it's just for me it reminds me of my grandfathers, one who had to fight in Indonesia and the other here in Europe and always refused to even speak one word about it.
                  Plus the big crack on the floor in the hallway in our house from bombing during WWII...

Still Sanctuary did it really respectful, it's just that this came to close to reality/dark history for me. I like my scifi shows being really....scifi!
                  sigpic

Comment

Normandy

Spoiler:
                    Ah, see, the ENIGMA thing made me laugh because it wood be the sort of thing Tesla wood have been involved in and because of the way he said "I did, didn't I?" But like I said, they took a fair bit of artistic licence with the whole thing really

2. Aw Allergies can be a right pain in the butt - I think my cold has seen off the hayfever for the time being
                    1. That was my impression as well.

2. I've never had even a hint of allergies before this year. I was so perplexed with what was happening with my eyes until someone asked if it was allergies and *ding ding ding*! Still searching for something that works really well. Got a new rx to add on this morning, so we'll see.

Long night, time for a nap. *hugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      That's good to hear! Certainly seeing that I'm flying back next Monday!
                      It should be completely gone by then I should think

Hmm...it's just for me it reminds me of my grandfathers, one who had to fight in Indonesia and the other here in Europe and always refused to even speak one word about it.
                      Plus the big crack on the floor in the hallway in our house from bombing during WWII...
                      Both my grandfathers fought during WWI, my father and five uncles fought in WWII. They all told us stories, some funny, some horrendous, and like I said I grew up with war films - so I guess I'm more used to it being shown and discussed openly. I know how awful it was, but I also know (and am very proud of) the spirit, grit and will that pushed people onwards and helped them to survive.

I fully understand that not everyone has had the same experience, and that the scars of war can be passed down through the generations and colour people's views and feelings.

Still Sanctuary did it really respectful, it's just that this came to close to reality/dark history for me. I like my scifi shows being really....scifi!
                      Indeed they did, but I do get what you mean *hugs*

Comment

1. That was my impression as well.

2. I've never had even a hint of allergies before this year. I was so perplexed with what was happening with my eyes until someone asked if it was allergies and *ding ding ding*! Still searching for something that works really well. Got a new rx to add on this morning, so we'll see.

Long night, time for a nap. *hugs*
                        Hm. It seems a lot of people have been suffering this year that never have before, or as in my case, haven't suffered for a very long time. I think the changing weather patterns have caused it *nods*. Hope the new thing helps

Comment

Morning Woohoos!
                          My throat feels a little better. I can talk for some time without croaking. It doesn't hurt near as much as yesterday, but now, the back of my throat is itchy. :/

Jann, good to have you back in Atlanta! I can't believe you're going home next Monday. Where has the time gone?

I hope you find something that works for you! I've had allergies since I was a kid, but this year? Nothing. o.o I'm not sure I understand why, but I'm not complaining!
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

A few comments here....

1 - AT said they love doing revisionist history....and this was a perfect example!

2. Tesla has invented everything important in the last 150 years....at least in his mind!

3. Allergies are attacking the world this year. Not sure why, but the research out there seems to say that many many many people who have never had any problems before are having allergies this year.....so join the group!

4. AT responded to one of my comments a few weeks ago and I just accidently found it last night....really cool!
                            Here is the twitter and response:

AmandaTapping:Thank you!RT @llperkiss: @Sanctuary@amandatapping - doesn't matter which night you are on as long as you keep coming on with new episodes.

5. Morning all.... and a big *huggle* to all!

PS - MORNING JUMBLE
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning Laurie *waves*

I'm finished work now so I'm off to the bank to pick up my US dollars *bounces*

Comment

Morning Laurie *waves*

I'm finished work now so I'm off to the bank to pick up my US dollars *bounces*
                                Finished work....it's only 6:47 in the morning!
                                US Dollars.... - I got lots of those things. I need to pick up a little Canadian money for food!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X