No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mwa ha ha!!! Not that I was hoping for that response, Jumble ( You know I TOTALLY was)

Mwa ha ha ha ha!!! *runs off with David Tennant*

***Disclaimer: My true love of course resides with the beautiful PTB, but since they are all otherwise occupied with Woohoo ladies of their own, I must turn my affections elsewhere. PTB, please know that my affections are boundless, and that my love for The Doctor in no way diminishes my love for you

Nighty night Woohoos *huggles everyone*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Oh yes, we had some too - Rodney and Hamish (don't ask ) - we even took them on holiday with us to Devon one year because nobody wood look after them for us That was the year I first met Michael. He was walking across the car park whilst we were unloading the car and did a double-take when he saw the rats' cage come out Hmm.... maybe it was my 'oddness' that attracted him even back then?

Oh maybe! Sounds like a happy memory though.

Our rats were originally bought as live food for our snakes. George (later Georgina because she laid eggs) the royal python and Corny the cornsnake. It took us three tries to figure out that these snakes had been raised on dead food all their lives and wouldn't know the first thing about killing and eating a live rat.
      The snakes looked at us like "yes yes, they pets are lovely, but where's my dinner" and the rat sat in the corner of the tank cacking itself... until we rescued them. They were called Alberto Ballsam (Alby - because she was albino) and Buggly Boo BangWizzBangWoo (uh, just Buggly)

Uh........ I think that might be going a bit far...... and those of you who have seen my nearest neighbour will understand why I'd be a little reluctant to risk it *shudders*
      Yes.. I think I've heard stories.

*still thinking about LJ's newspaper article.*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Mwa ha ha!!! Not that I was hoping for that response, Jumble ( You know I TOTALLY was)
        And of course, you knew you'd get it. I'm so darned predictable

***Disclaimer: My true love of course resides with the beautiful PTB, but since they are all otherwise occupied with Woohoo ladies of their own, I must turn my affections elsewhere. PTB, please know that my affections are boundless, and that my love for The Doctor in no way diminishes my love for you .
        You expect them to believe that? Fickle, fickle, fickle.

At least I can never be accused of that

Nighty night Woohoos *huggles everyone*
        WoodNight, sweet dreams of DT *hugs Bekki*

Well my planned night has just been f.... er .... faffed with

Lee and Joel were supposed to be coming to stay over with me whilst Oren and Herbie went to their dad's. But true to form, he cancelled at the last minute - again He hasn't seen them for nearly two months because he keeps making arrangements, gets them all excited, and then drops them! He's supposed to see them alternate week-ends. L & J see their dad three times a week, at least!

I know some men just leave their children and don't seem to give a damn about them (I was married to 2 like that ), and I just don't get it

I also know some dads who wood move heaven and earth to be able to spend any time with their kids, let alone a whole week-end on a regular basis, but they're prevented for various reasons and it breaks their hearts

So now I'll be going over to Jo's to babysit two very upset little boys and their angry older brothers. Joy!

/rant
        Last edited by Jumble; 25 September 2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Oh maybe! Sounds like a happy memory though.
          Oh it is, and I'm actively searching for as many of those as I can

Like..... when we went fishing in the Lake District (and no, I don't mean fishing, I mean fishing, as in with a rod, in the dark, on a boat........um.... *thinks* ... as in catching FISH!!! ) *cough*

Anyhow, I'd never caught anything much bigger than a trout before, so was not prepared for the struggle involved in getting a 20 pound carp into the landing net. So yes, I admit it, I yelled for help Did I get the immediate response of my man's strong arms around me, helping me land the darn fish? In such a way as not to make me feel like an inadequate, wimpy female? Did I heck! I turned to see what was keeping him and there he was, rolling around the deck giggling his silly male head off at me And then my line broke and I lost the fish Did he sympathise? Apologise? Nope! He just carried on giggling And what was so funny? Apparently he thought it was hilarious to see me, the eversosuperefficientselfsufficient one looking petrified of a fish and yelling "Miiiiiiiiiiiiichael! Help! It's tooooooo biiiiiiig!"

Next day I landed a 25 pounder all by myself, because of course I'd told him not to bother next time because I could do it perfectly well and had just been feeding his delicate male ego

But yeah, we laughed a lot

Our rats were originally bought as live food for our snakes. George (later Georgina because she laid eggs) the royal python and Corny the cornsnake. It took us three tries to figure out that these snakes had been raised on dead food all their lives and wouldn't know the first thing about killing and eating a live rat.
          The snakes looked at us like "yes yes, they pets are lovely, but where's my dinner" and the rat sat in the corner of the tank cacking itself... until we rescued them. They were called Alberto Ballsam (Alby - because she was albino) and Buggly Boo BangWizzBangWoo (uh, just Buggly)
          You were going to feed those poor iddy biddy cutesy rats to SNAKES???!!!

I didn't know you were so cruel *shakes head*

Yes.. I think I've heard stories.
          Poor, innocent Sarai and Josiane, they'd never seen anything like it! I mean, there's good, wholesome nekkidness..... and then there's nekkidness

*still thinking about LJ's newspaper article.*
          Huh?
          Last edited by Jumble; 25 September 2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

*falls in*

Mornin' campers!
            Jumble go for the PJ mowing! I walk around this building in PJ's all the time. Even go in PJ's to the store downstairs

Got a busy day ahead...aka...studying for a big exam(accounting) on Tuesday.
            Also, update on the internship, I'm going to meet people from the internship on Tuesday...then the next step is for me to go to Atlanta(company is flying me over) so I can meet the people I'm going to work with!

*huggles all woohoos*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Angel, what a clever, clever cat. I will look forward to hearing your exploits while mommy and mommy are away.

I can't even get my cats to go after the mice I've found infesting my lower cupboard. I think they've been spoilt by the taste of human flesh.

Annoyingly, just three weeks ago I cleared that cupboard out and there was no sign of mice there then... today, I go to get a vase out the back of it and... loads of mice droppings. I'm going to have to kill them and I don't want to. I really, really don't like the idea of it but I know it's the only way. The irony of it is, there's no evidence of infestation anywhere else in the kitchen, and the only edible stuff I keep in that cupboard is the cat food.
              Sounds like you need to have a little chat with your babies...

I should be mowing the lawn...........

Wood that involve putting some clothes on d'you think? Oh go on, I'm thought to be a little eccentric. Surely I can mow the lawn in my pj's?

Lawn? What's that?? I say, go for it. In these parts, PJ's are outerwear for some.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
              It will ((((Jumble))))

This is my little Angel. He doesn't always (as in almost never) live up to his name
              http://pages.cthome.net/breezeweb/Ca...ages/angel.jpg
              FURBABY! So cute!

So now I'll be going over to Jo's to babysit two very upset little boys and their angry older brothers. Joy!

/rant
              Sorry. Hope you are able to give them snuggles and love and make them feel better.

My pr0n fic just came back from beta so I'm having lunch and formatting it for LJ.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                *falls in*

Mornin' campers!
                Jumble go for the PJ mowing! I walk around this building in PJ's all the time. Even go in PJ's to the store downstairs
                Yes but, you're not fifty*cough* are you? Young 'uns can get away with it.

I did once go to the local store in my pj's, but I did put a jacket on first

Also, update on the internship, I'm going to meet people from the internship on Tuesday...then the next step is for me to go to Atlanta(company is flying me over) so I can meet the people I'm going to work with!

*huggles all woohoos*
                What an exciting life you're having! Enjoy it

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Sounds like you need to have a little chat with your babies...
                Lawn? What's that?? I say, go for it. In these parts, PJ's are outerwear for some.
                But dahling, this is Surray, England. One doesn't DO that sort of thing around here!

Unless one happens to be me

Sorry. Hope you are able to give them snuggles and love and make them feel better.
                I'll do my best, but the whole thing just sucks

My pr0n fic just came back from beta so I'm having lunch and formatting it for LJ. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...mpsjackgo7.gif
                Sounds interesting.........

Oh, the price of vanity! Because I refuse to put on my glasses whilst shopping, I sometimes misread food labels. Which is how I ended up with a pack of prawns with their shells on

I don't mind pulling off their tails, but heads and .... other bits..... no! Consequently my dinner is in the bin

And I sooooo love prawns

Comment

1. But dahling, this is Surray, England. One doesn't DO that sort of thing around here!

Unless one happens to be me

2. I'll do my best, but the whole thing just sucks

3. Sounds interesting.........

Oh, the price of vanity! Because I refuse to put on my glasses whilst shopping, I sometimes misread food labels. Which is how I ended up with a pack of prawns with their shells on

4. I don't mind pulling off their tails, but heads and .... other bits..... no! Consequently my dinner is in the bin

And I sooooo love prawns
                  1. Hee! Start a trend! Or pretend to be from Brooklyn.

2. Extra huggles. I have to say, I am constantly amazed at the absolutely blase attitude some people take towards parenthood, and I see it every single frakking day in my work. It just makes me want to scream and cry and throw a tantrum. It seems that so few people approach childbearing/childrearing with the awe it deserves. How many people out there are desperate for children and would give anything to be in their place. *sigh* I know you have tons and tons of love to give those little ones, hopefully that will help.

3. Will be back to post a linky soon.

4. OMG yes. If they don't come peeled, I don't eat them, lol.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*drops fic in thread*

What are you smiling at? (link is to the journal, not the story, as per forum's rules)

Inspired by my disagreement with Peter Deluise's comment during WoO commentary regarding what, exactly, Jack had carnal knowledge of. It's PWP, yup. So, you know,

I hope it's funny and fun for anyone who decides to read it.
                    Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 25 September 2010, 09:26 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

1. Hee! Start a trend! Or pretend to be from Brooklyn.
                      Don't tempt me

2. Extra huggles. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ns/bearhug.gif I have to say, I am constantly amazed at the absolutely blase attitude some people take towards parenthood, and I see it every single frakking day in my work. It just makes me want to scream and cry and throw a tantrum. It seems that so few people approach childbearing/childrearing with the awe it deserves. How many people out there are desperate for children and would give anything to be in their place. *sigh*
                      I see it all the time too. What are these people made of FCOL? Awe is right. I look at my children sometimes and get goosebumps, wondering how the heck I managed to do that And try not to fall into the abyss of 'what if I lost one of them? What if......' Childbirth itself is a miracle when you consider the mechanics of it, and having got through that with this awesome little being in your arms, how can you not love and protect it forever?

I know you have tons and tons of love to give those little ones, hopefully that will help.
                      Yes I do, and I give it freely. But an aging hippy grandmother is no substitute for a loving father.

3. Will be back to post a linky soon. http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...icons/ihih.gif

4. OMG yes. If they don't come peeled, I don't eat them, lol.
                      Soooo trying not to think about it........

Comment

oh dear golly bags of awesomesticks! Now looking at the angels is bad! THIS IS FRIGHTENING!!!
                        I know! As if it wasn't evil enough giving us the angels in the first place, SM had to then completely take away our only defence mechanism *shakes fist again*

Oma's right though, Blink is an utterly superb episode :

Oh no no, you're not getting away with that young lady. You do not get David Tennant all to yourself, he's mine too. Share nicely

Well my planned night has just been f.... er .... faffed with

Lee and Joel were supposed to be coming to stay over with me whilst Oren and Herbie went to their dad's. But true to form, he cancelled at the last minute - again He hasn't seen them for nearly two months because he keeps making arrangements, gets them all excited, and then drops them! He's supposed to see them alternate week-ends. L & J see their dad three times a week, at least!

I know some men just leave their children and don't seem to give a damn about them (I was married to 2 like that ), and I just don't get it

I also know some dads who wood move heaven and earth to be able to spend any time with their kids, let alone a whole week-end on a regular basis, but they're prevented for various reasons and it breaks their hearts

/rant
                        *hugs Herbie and Oren* I don't get how people can be so uncaring either Poor boys Still, hopefully they'll have a fun evening with their awesome Nanny, which won't make up for it of course, but still

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        *falls in*

Mornin' campers!

*huggles all woohoos*
                        Wow, sounds exciting! Good luck! And for the exam too
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*drops fic in thread*

What are you smiling at? (link is to the journal, not the story, as per forum's rules)

Inspired by my disagreement with Peter Deluise's comment during WoO commentary regarding what, exactly, Jack had carnal knowledge of. It's PWP, yup. So, you know, http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...icons/7196.gif

I hope it's funny and fun for anyone who decides to read it.
                          OMG!

Awesome! And I don't 'do' S/J fics

Spoilered for those that haven't read the fic yet....
                          Spoiler:
                          But I do know how he does that thing with the table - it splits Martin told me Er.. in one of his commentaries.

Anyone seen Nad lately? *checks under the bus* Nope! Must be having a busy week

Edit: Ah, she was here last night. Been a long day
                          Last edited by Jumble; 25 September 2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

OMG!

Awesome! And I don't 'do' S/J fics
                            YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aaaaargh! Unsubscribed AGAIN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Bradley Whitford doing sad kills me Or in fact doing any kind of emotions... it's the eyes. *wibbles and sniffs*
                                I know . It was very sad. Janel Moloney was in it to for a very small part. Makes me want to watch WW all over again *happy sigh*.

Was that "Love's Labor Lost"? That's the ep that made me stop watching ER, lol. Even all those years before I knew anything about childbirth, I knew that THAT would never happen. It actually really angered me.

I did watch the arc in, i can't remember which season, where Mary McDonnell played Carter's mom. I <3 her a lot.
                                Yeah that's the one. I love ER and I don't know anything about medicine, but even I know most of the show is heavily dramatised. Still love it though . I'd like to know what about made you stop watching it - what was wrong with the procedures etc...?

*hugs Bree* Hope you have a great time at Disney World hun

Comment

Working...
                                X