Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*lurks*

*huggles Jann for crummy school-related troubles*

I don't know about Dutch Nad but everything Swedish is awesome, especially Daim cake *scoffs more cake*

EDIT: In fact I've never been to Holland, can we plan a road trip over there UK Woohoos, and anyone else wanting to join?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      *lurks*

*huggles Jann for crummy school-related troubles*

I don't know about Dutch Nad but everything Swedish is awesome, especially Daim cake *scoffs more cake*

EDIT: In fact I've never been to Holland, can we plan a road trip over there UK Woohoos, and anyone else wanting to join?!
      *puts up hand* I've been to The Hague A *cough* weekend many years ago, but I have fond memories of the local bars and being accosted in the street by several young men who can apparently spot an English girl at a hundred paces

I'd be up for a road trip, only if we don't have to go on the Ferry. I paid for my indulgences by being very ill on the trip back

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

*waves at Tanie* *huggles Tanie for poorlyness and sweatyness.* Oh to be sweating!
        *waves back* And belive me, you don't want to be sweating in this sort of weather.... doesn't cool you down in the slightest, just makes it a bit more... ummm... mushy Can I swap you for a week or so? I'd love to see snow... don't like being snowed on so much, but to see it out the window, next to the fire, with a glass of whatever alcoholic may be in the house at the time, sounds wonderful!

Comment

Dreamweaver crashing, FTP server not working...now trying to make a site with google sites *huggles her designer*
          *grabs bottle of wine...this is going to be a LONG evening!*

And when y'all ever come to the Netherlands let me make sure I kick my family the house out and you can come here
          sigpic

Comment

I just ended up making the entire site! Now trying to upload it...and it's almost 6 am*sigh*

Already have a note on my door to let me sleep tomorrow!
            sigpic

Comment

(((Jann))) Glad you finished and you get to sleep *hands fluffy pillow*

I haven't seen the birthday vid yet, I have to change computers but I'm sure I'll love it

*thinks about Robin Dunne dropping his pants* Sorry, I just couldn't resist
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Love, love, LOVE that last icon! *happy sigh*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Gorgeous icons Bree

Nad I'm happy with my decison

Ah, see, feeling like that about your Artwork is normal, we all feel the same about our own stuff Which makes you a fully-fledged Artworker in my book

Ok, so here's where to download The Birthday vid *runz away giggling*
                Jumble that vid is awesome! If that plus the printed artwork doesn't make him smile nothing will. And I do mean smile in a good way. Who wouldn't be pleased to have us as fans?

Oma I want to lick the screen every time I see your sig. And it's good to hear from you again too.

Cags Your wall photos sound as out of date as mine. Seeing mine I alternate between cringing and hoping that I've aged like a fine wine. (Also it's rather fun to point and laugh at old pics of family members although I'm sure they're doing likewise at mine.)

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                On that note, let me share a story. At AT3 I was involved in bidding at the auction for charity. AT and Thomisina Gibson (who wrote the early Stargate season guide books) work the crowd, holding up the auction items. AT usually runs back an forth between bidders to a) give you a better look at what you're bidding on and b) encourage you to bid more.

At one point it was a contest between one other bidder and myself. AT was running back and forth and the bidding was going pretty fast. She was kind of half way between us when the other person called out a bid. AT turned and looked at me waiting for me to bid again and save her some steps. However, I waited until she just got back to the other bidder and then bid again. I got a reputation for making AT run.

Fast forward to AT4. The people in my row actually asked me before the auction if I was going to make AT run. I said "well, I can if you want me to". With them egging me on, I did make her run fairly often, at one point making a higher bid "if Amanda runs". Funny thing was she sprinted down the centre aisle when I, of course, had meant to run over to where I was sitting.

When chatting with TG later I apologised for not making her run more and then promised to do so at AT5. However, later that day AT and a group were walking through the lobby on their way to the next event and TG was running to catch up. Someone yelled "run, Thomisina, run" and I chimed in "10 pounds if Thomisina runs". She ran so I had to make good. I ran after her to pay up. By this time she had caught up to the group and at the back of the group was one of the security guys. I didn't want him to think I was a crazed fan who needed to be tackled so I said "it's OK I'm not crazy". Upon later reflection I thought that's exactly what the crazy people would say!

I wonder if they can make RDA run at the con next year?

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
                *runs into the thread.... nekkid*

Hi everyone! I know I've been a bit absent for a bit, but I have an excuse, I promise! Been sick for a bit - read curled up under the covers in the fetal position trying to keep the light out. *sigh* I HATE being sick, and it's been literally years.

Anywho, how ya all been? You've been freezing your bejeezes off and we've been sweating them out. Down south are one Red Alert for fire conditions, are expecting up to 45C (112F) today. Phew, now that's what I call hot! I suppose the planet's gotta even itself out somehow with all that cold you've had.

*runs out of thread... nekkid*
                With that heat it's no wonder you're running nekkid!
                Hope you're feeling better now.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                I just ended up making the entire site! Now trying to upload it...and it's almost 6 am*sigh*

Already have a note on my door to let me sleep tomorrow!
                (((Jann))) You deserve more than just a good grade for all this effort. Your project team mates owe you dinner, chocolates, flowers, alcohol of your choice, or, more appropriately, all of the above.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks girls...still see some links not working but will fix that tomorrow and just hope the teacher won't click on it...

linky to site I made this night(we weren't allowed to make it as shiny as last year...had to be easy and boring...no cool rounded edges or flash openings_ Charity site. It's a site for an indian charity

*grabs martin teddyh and falls asleep with it on keyboard*
                  sigpic

Comment

Urgh - the HEAT!!!

It is too hot to be teaching dance/drama from 9-5...I think my knees have melted off!!!

Pretty website, Jann!!!

EH-Y - I'm very jealous of your AT4 story *fangirl sigh*

*huggles woohoos*

*runs arouns nekkid, never to re-clothe*
                    sigpic

Comment

*runz in*

Morning (or er... whatever) WooHoos!

*huggles Jann for working through the night and glares generally Northwards at the guy in Scotland who let you down*

*huggles Tanie and Bekki for the heat*

... on second thoughts, maybe huggling sweaty people is not so nice for them.

*smiles at the thought of making RDA run. * (preferably this way so I can have his babies.)

*huggles WooHoos because Goshdarnit, you all deserve it.*

*runz back out to actually do some actual work now.*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        Love, love, LOVE that last icon! *happy sigh*

Jumble that vid is awesome! If that plus the printed artwork doesn't make him smile nothing will. And I do mean smile in a good way. Who wouldn't be pleased to have us as fans?
                        Thanks
                        I think that's questionable But yes, if it makes him smile it will all have been worthwhile

Oma I want to lick the screen every time I see your sig. And it's good to hear from you again too.

Cags Your wall photos sound as out of date as mine. Seeing mine I alternate between cringing and hoping that I've aged like a fine wine. (Also it's rather fun to point and laugh at old pics of family members although I'm sure they're doing likewise at mine.)

I wonder if they can make RDA run at the con next year?
                        Don't be silly, he's waaaay too old for that

*runz away ducking rotten tomatoes*

Thanks girls...still see some links not working but will fix that tomorrow and just hope the teacher won't click on it...

linky to site I made this night(we weren't allowed to make it as shiny as last year...had to be easy and boring...no cool rounded edges or flash openings_ Charity site. It's a site for an indian charity

*grabs martin teddyh and falls asleep with it on keyboard*
                        Well done Jann

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        *runz in*

Morning (or er... whatever) WooHoos!

*huggles Jann for working through the night and glares generally Northwards at the guy in Scotland who let you down*
                        *huggles Tanie and Bekki for the heat*

... on second thoughts, maybe huggling sweaty people is not so nice for them.
                        Depends who they are and what's making them sweat.......

*smiles at the thought of making RDA run. * (preferably this way so I can have his babies.)
                        Like he'd have any energy left after running all that way

'Bout time we had some Martin pics.....

"Ten feet tall"

"Oh good grief! Did you SEE that 'pants' vid???"

Comment

*huggles Martin*

Thanks girls! It was actually the first time *I* wrote the site...I had never worked in Dreamweaver before I do know that if I would have had more time that it would be better!
                          sigpic

Comment

*huggles Martin*

Thanks girls! It was actually the first time *I* wrote the site...I had never worked in Dreamweaver before I do know that if I would have had more time that it would be better!

Considering the short time you had to make it, and the time of day it was, you did an incredible job.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Considering the short time you had to make it, and the time of day it was, you did an incredible job.
                              What she said ^^^

You know Jann, a lot of people let down like that wood have just sat back and thought 'Well, it's not my fault', not done anything about it, told the tutor what happened and let the other person take the blame for the project not being finished Kudos to you for putting in all that effort

Comment

Thanks Jas and Jumble, but the whole issue was that we can't exactly tell our teacher that this happened. She already hates my designer(he doesn't often show up for class but I don't care because I can always contact him and ask him things) and the thing she will say is that we had bad planning and that it is thus all our fault that we let it go this far.
                                The thing is my designer couldn't have dreamweaver on his computer anymore(trail expired) and thus they made it on the laptop of the other boy in our group...who in the end failed to do his work(which we sort of put in our evaluations)
                                So yesterday evening I found a version of Dreamweaver on our server(my designer already got so desperate in making a "google" site...which had clearly "google" everywhere on it) ...but I installed Dreamweaver, loaded a template in it(which we had already shown our teacher so we couldn't change that boring thing anymore ) and just wrote all the pages...
                                Oh and I'm the project leader so in the end everything would have come back to me...I would have gotten all the blame. Plus it is 5 of my 15 credits this block...which I *really* need if I want to make a chance to go abroad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X