• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *hugs Jann*
    *admires LJ's note writing skills*

I think Martin needs a poem. *nods*

The WooHoos send you love and cheer
    for you have aged another year.
    Some wood say that's bad, but then again...
    Most WooHoos love older men!
    We celebrate with booze and food
    Happy Birthday, Martin
    ...WooHood!

(Yes, that was a joke )
    Too late, I've snurched it

*looks again*

Of course you realise, this particular WooHoos prefers younger men, and in his case, by a looooong shot

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Thanks LJ, glad you liked it

Ok, here's what's going in the parcel tomorrow...

[CENTER]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...10.jpg/CENTER]
      Those look . Excellent job ladies.

Thanks Nad, that's what I'm hoping for <- me grinning like an idiot

I'm actually quite proud of that one

Um....... when sending stuff abroad, do you HAVE to put a sender's address?

*trembles in the corner waiting for the Anti-crazyfangurl Squad to arrive*
      On that note, let me share a story. At AT3 I was involved in bidding at the auction for charity. AT and Thomisina Gibson (who wrote the early Stargate season guide books) work the crowd, holding up the auction items. AT usually runs back an forth between bidders to a) give you a better look at what you're bidding on and b) encourage you to bid more.

At one point it was a contest between one other bidder and myself. AT was running back and forth and the bidding was going pretty fast. She was kind of half way between us when the other person called out a bid. AT turned and looked at me waiting for me to bid again and save her some steps. However, I waited until she just got back to the other bidder and then bid again. I got a reputation for making AT run.

Fast forward to AT4. The people in my row actually asked me before the auction if I was going to make AT run. I said "well, I can if you want me to". With them egging me on, I did make her run fairly often, at one point making a higher bid "if Amanda runs". Funny thing was she sprinted down the centre aisle when I, of course, had meant to run over to where I was sitting.

When chatting with TG later I apologised for not making her run more and then promised to do so at AT5. However, later that day AT and a group were walking through the lobby on their way to the next event and TG was running to catch up. Someone yelled "run, Thomisina, run" and I chimed in "10 pounds if Thomisina runs". She ran so I had to make good. I ran after her to pay up. By this time she had caught up to the group and at the back of the group was one of the security guys. I didn't want him to think I was a crazed fan who needed to be tackled so I said "it's OK I'm not crazy". Upon later reflection I thought that's exactly what the crazy people would say!
      Last edited by EH-T; 10 January 2010, 01:45 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Too late, I've snurched it

*looks again*

Of course you realise, this particular WooHoos prefers younger men, and in his case, by a looooong shot

D'oh!
        Hehe. No comment.

Can I share one little unspoilery quote from the Haunted podcast unspoiled?
        Seriously.

''Everything Dutch is cool''

Ha. From TPTB. It's official.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Those look . Excellent job ladies.

On that note, let me share a story. At AT3 I was involved in bidding at the auction for charity. AT and Thomisina Gibson (who wrote the early Stargate season guide books) work the crowd, holding up the auction items. AT usually runs back an forth between bidders to a) give you a better look at what you're bidding on and b) encourage you to bid more.

At one point it was a contest between one other bidder and myself. AT was running back and forth and the bidding was going pretty fast. She was kind of half way between us when the other person called out a bid. AT turned and looked at me waiting for me to bid again and save her some steps. However, I waitied until she just got back to the other bidder and then bid again. I got a reputation for making AT run.

Fast forward to AT4. The people in my row actually asked me before the auction if I was going to make AT run. I said "well, I can if you want me to". With them egging me on, I did make her run fairly often, at one point making a higher bid "if Amanda runs". Funny thing was she sprinted down the centre aisle when I, of course, had meant to run over to where I was sitting.

When chatting with TG later I apologised for not making her run more and then promised to do so at AT5. However, later that day AT and a group were walking through the lobby on their way to the next event and TG was running to catch up. Someone yelled "run, Thomisina, run" and I chimed in "10 pounds if Thomisina runs". She ran so I had to make good. I ran after her to pay up. By this time she had caught up to the group and at the back of the group was one of the security guys. I didn't want him to think I was a crazed fan who needed to be tackled so I said "it's OK I'm not crazy". Upon later reflection I thought that's exactly what the crazy people would say!
          Don't forget you promised to make Martin run at SE

*makes mental note to stay away from the crazy one at SE*

D'oh!
          Hehe. No comment.
          What? You didn't intend me to include it in my note? Oh dear

Can I share one little unspoilery quote from the Haunted podcast unspoiled?
          Seriously.

''Everything Dutch is cool''

Ha. From TPTB. It's official.
          But which PTB said it? It matters you know

Comment

I've just been watching my copy of the vid on the big screen, and realised I forgot to credit the song *headdesk*

On a brighter note, Cags' vid is even more hilarious that big

Comment

*lol's at EH-T's story*
              That is what crazy people wood say.

What? You didn't intend me to include it in my note? Oh dear

But which PTB said it? It matters you know
              Nono, it's fine!

'T was Damian. Drat. If it wood have been Martin it wood have been a universal truth. Now it's just official
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*lol's at EH-T's story*
                That is what crazy people wood say.

Nono, it's fine!
                Cool, because it's going in anyway

'T was Damian. Drat. If it wood have been Martin it wood have been a universal truth. Now it's just official
                Ah well, Damian You know you can't take anything he says seriously

Edit: I've just realised I haven't eaten since yesterday Been too engrossed in all this Birthday stuff

Comment

*runs into the thread.... nekkid*

Hi everyone! I know I've been a bit absent for a bit, but I have an excuse, I promise! Been sick for a bit - read curled up under the covers in the fetal position trying to keep the light out. *sigh* I HATE being sick, and it's been literally years.

Anywho, how ya all been? You've been freezing your bejeezes off and we've been sweating them out. Down south are one Red Alert for fire conditions, are expecting up to 45C (112F) today. Phew, now that's what I call hot! I suppose the planet's gotta even itself out somehow with all that cold you've had.

*runs out of thread... nekkid*

Comment

Edit: I've just realised I haven't eaten since yesterday Been too engrossed in all this Birthday stuff
                    *sighs*

But Martin's there and he's keeping everything leveled.

And I'm telling Mom and she'll be very disappointed, young lady!

sigpic

Comment

Don't forget you promised to make Martin run at SE
                      Did I? LOL! You'll have to remind me in July.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
                        *runs into the thread.... nekkid*

Hi everyone! I know I've been a bit absent for a bit, but I have an excuse, I promise! Been sick for a bit - read curled up under the covers in the fetal position trying to keep the light out. *sigh* I HATE being sick, and it's been literally years.

Anywho, how ya all been? You've been freezing your bejeezes off and we've been sweating them out. Down south are one Red Alert for fire conditions, are expecting up to 45C (112F) today. Phew, now that's what I call hot! I suppose the planet's gotta even itself out somehow with all that cold you've had.

*runs out of thread... nekkid*
                        *hugs and runs nekkid as well*

sigpic

Comment

*sighs*

But Martin's there and he's keeping everything leveled.

And I'm telling Mom and she'll be very disappointed, young lady!
                          Nono, don't tell! I've just scoffed some ice-cream and custard, so I'll be fine

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Did I? LOL! You'll have to remind me in July.
                          Oh don't worry, I will

*waves to Tanie*

Comment

Nad, I don't know about everything Dutch but... but... Dutch Apple cake is the best.

*huggles Jann for poxy school/group work troubles*

ET-H, thank you for sharing that lovely story with us. I love hearing about these conventions. Do you know if there's any transcripts from the AT ones anywhere?

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            *huggles Woohoos*

Martin is going to adore his birthday package, of that I have no doubt

Well, we finally got lots of snow this week! The kids had the whole week off school and we built snowmen, did loads of sledging, threw a few snowballs, made snow angels....it was fab I took loads of photos with my phone so I could show you all, but the stupid computer isn't recognising my phone when I plug it in Typical!

We took some portrait photos of the kids this week, which I've Gimped up, they look really great Some of the pics one the wall were 4 years old! About time really I'm attempting to make a wallie of them atm...
                            Aww.

*huggles Oma*

Have you got bluetooth capability on your PC? If so you might be able to bluetooth the pics to your PC. You can actually buy bluetooth dongles to plug into the PC if it's not built in but most new ones do have it built in. I have one but, stupid Vista won't recognise it. Failing that, try looking up Windows Synch Centre (it's programme that lets you synch phones and PCs)

Go you updating your pics and putting your skills to work.

*looks at pics on my own wall*

*wonders if it's entirely normal to have pics of your husband's first (ex) wife on your wall*

*wonders if it's entirely normal to have pics of you sticking your tongue down your best friend's throat on your wall*

*wonders why brothers can't pose nicely instead of pulling silly faces for pictures*

*wonders how on earth I thought that poodle perm was in any way, shape or form, a brilliant hairstyle*

sigpic

Comment

I've just been watching my copy of the vid on the big screen, and realised I forgot to credit the song *headdesk*

On a brighter note, Cags' vid is even more hilarious that big

I think if he thinks anyone is worrying, it'll be me. Perhaps you should add a note not to worry becasue that person won't be at SE.

EAT!!!

*sends virtual banana bread*

*waves at Tanie* *huggles Tanie for poorlyness and sweatyness.* Oh to be sweating!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I think if he thinks anyone is worrying, it'll be me. Perhaps you should add a note not to worry becasue that person won't be at SE.
                                I'm making darn sure he knows it wasn't me that made that one Ok, I'll tell him that only us sensible ones will be there

EAT!!!

*sends virtual banana bread*
                                I did, I did! Mmmmmm banana bread.......

*waves at Tanie* *huggles Tanie for poorlyness and sweatyness.* Oh to be sweating!
                                You don't want to be sweating, it'd turn to ice and you'd be the original Ice Maiden in seconds flat

Comment

Working...
                                X