The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Thanks Jas and Jumble, but the whole issue was that we can't exactly tell our teacher that this happened. She already hates my designer(he doesn't often show up for class but I don't care because I can always contact him and ask him things) and the thing she will say is that we had bad planning and that it is thus all our fault that we let it go this far.
    The thing is my designer couldn't have dreamweaver on his computer anymore(trail expired) and thus they made it on the laptop of the other boy in our group...who in the end failed to do his work(which we sort of put in our evaluations)
    So yesterday evening I found a version of Dreamweaver on our server(my designer already got so desperate in making a "google" site...which had clearly "google" everywhere on it) ...but I installed Dreamweaver, loaded a template in it(which we had already shown our teacher so we couldn't change that boring thing anymore ) and just wrote all the pages...
    Oh and I'm the project leader so in the end everything would have come back to me...I would have gotten all the blame. Plus it is 5 of my 15 credits this block...which I *really* need if I want to make a chance to go abroad.
    Hmmm. Well I guess the answer is that in future, like you said, you need to make sure everyone has done their part well ahead of time, thereby allowing yourself wriggle room if there's a setback. And make sure you keep a copy of everything on your pc, so that you don't have to redo so much work

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Hmmm. Well I guess the answer is that in future, like you said, you need to make sure everyone has done their part well ahead of time, thereby allowing yourself wriggle room if there's a setback. And make sure you keep a copy of everything on your pc, so that you don't have to redo so much work
      Indeed, but then again they told me a week ago that the site was finished and only needed to be uploaded. So I trusted it, which I shouldn't have done.
      We also didn't knew that our groupmate was going to Scotland. I asked before the vacation if anyone was going away and everyone said they were staying home

The most important thing is we have a website now and I think that counts lol!
      sigpic

Comment

Indeed, but then again they told me a week ago that the site was finished and only needed to be uploaded. So I trusted it, which I shouldn't have done.
        You weren't to know you were going to be let down, but in future that ^^ is the point where you should have got yourself a copy of it if that's possible
        We also didn't knew that our groupmate was going to Scotland. I asked before the vacation if anyone was going away and everyone said they were staying home
        It's possible that your groupmate didn't know about the trip, but even so, when it came up the work should have been transferred to you so you could deal with it.

Absolutely

Comment

Hello woohoos

Been sick and haven't posted much. I tried to look at what I missed over the last couple of days but it's a lot so *huggles* to all woohoos for various ups and downs

Jann your site looks great. I wish I hadn't been too sick to keep up with things; if I had known you were doing a site I might have been able to offer a little help at least. Not that you needed help because it does look wonderful. I know a lot of people way older than you who would not have been nearly as responsible as you have been. They would have been happy to make excuses and leave it at that so you do deserve some kudo's for that.

Jumble: Sorry about your early troubles with the video.
          I downloaded the finished version and will watch it tonight after work. I already know it will be awesome.

Thanks to woohoos
          for compliments on Martin icons. It's interesting to note that while I've been sick my muse has demanded Martin artwork instead of Amanda.

Side note to artwork: last night I was working on the next challenge. I spent almost 3 hours working on it and then bam! Lost it all when my laptop decided to shut itself off without warning. It overheats and does that and it's my own fault for not remembering to save (I blame the meds ).

The truly sad part of this (other than the fact that I have to start all over again) is that I was actually starting to like the piece. Usually I hate everything I do so to lose something I was almost proud of...

Gotta go to work so have a lovely day woohoos
          sigpic

Comment

Wood morning, Woohoos. *yawn* Still tired today, but that's nothing new. Jann, I hope you are catching some much-needed and much-deserved Z's! I've just about decided to sleep all day, and I don't have anything like your excuse!

Ah, Coopie! He looks so happy!
            sigpic

Comment

WOOHOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Finally got YT to accept the vid Had to frak about with the dimensions, but if you click the HD button it looks pretty good

Here!

Oh, new sig and avi ....

In 6 months and 19 days!

Comment

*waves to LJ* You beat me to it with the Coopie pic

*huggles Bree* Hope you feel better soon

Oh yes, Jumble's having a good day

Comment

*huggles Jann*

Yes, what Jumble said. And perhaps you can add a little something to your project work like "lessons I learnt from this project" so you're not, actually accusing anyone of letting you down, but showing that you've learnt some valuable management lessons as a result of doing the actual project.. If nothing else it's a reminder for next time.

And yes, I am sure (when I'm not skiving off work as it is) later I will look and think the website is awesome. Because you made it. It has to be.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                  Hello woohoos
                  Side note to artwork: last night I was working on the next challenge. I spent almost 3 hours working on it and then bam! Lost it all when my laptop decided to shut itself off without warning. It overheats and does that and it's my own fault for not remembering to save (I blame the meds ).

The truly sad part of this (other than the fact that I have to start all over again) is that I was actually starting to like the piece. Usually I hate everything I do so to lose something I was almost proud of...

Gotta go to work so have a lovely day woohoos

*huggles Bree for poorlyness*

Oh that's a pain. Mine does that ever so occasionally (depsite being only a year old ) It's annoying. I lost an hours vidding to a powercut last night. The daft thing is, I rarely ever use my desktop (mostly the lappy) but last night I was ripping and copying stuff on the laptop and it was so slow I decided to use the desktop instead. *kicks self*

I am kicking myself to for being an idiot. So wrapped up have I been with sorting something out for work that I completely and utterly forgot that I've got this thing on Thursday afternoon I have to go to. I only remembered when I emailed a colleague and said, "oh I can pick that up off of you on Thursday". Doh!
                  Soo...my original plan was to work in the morning while Charles was home ('cause he's on lates all week) to look after Benjabubs while I tootled off to my office (aka the bedroom or conservatory, whichever is warmer)... hmm! So now, I am having a mild childcare panic of my own stupid making and I have to find out what my parents are up to (and hope and pray my brother's are both having their radio in the morning this week so one of them, at least, will be around since my mum really can't cope without back up) or I have to beg Charles to try and change his schedule at very short notice...

Someone. Please slap me. Hard.
                  sigpic

Comment

*slaps Cags gently*

And here I am with no little ones to look after because of the snow

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      What she said ^^^

You know Jann, a lot of people let down like that wood have just sat back and thought 'Well, it's not my fault', not done anything about it, told the tutor what happened and let the other person take the blame for the project not being finished Kudos to you for putting in all that effort
                      Heh. I'm pretty sure I told Jann last night that I would have said 'Screw this' and not done. it.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Wood morning, Woohoos. *yawn* Still tired today, but that's nothing new. Jann, I hope you are catching some much-needed and much-deserved Z's! I've just about decided to sleep all day, and I don't have anything like your excuse!

Ah, Coopie! He looks so happy!
                      http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...jack/photo.jpg
                      Awww man. Coopie's a Dallas Cowboy fan? *shakes head in shame* My dad loves the Cowboy's since '76, so there was a bunch of yelling going on in my house on Sunday.

OH! I forgot to tell you guys! I had a woohoo moment yesterday, I went with my two friends and their parents and the guy goes "Where's that place...where they were for peace?" I gave him this weird look "...woodstock?" and the guy said yup that's what he was trying to think of.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Heh. I'm pretty sure I told Jann last night that I would have said 'Screw this' and not done. it.
                        That's what I said, but more politely

Awww man. Coopie's a Dallas Cowboy fan? *shakes head in shame* My dad loves the Cowboy's since '76, so there was a bunch of yelling going on in my house on Sunday.

OH! I forgot to tell you guys! I had a woohoo moment yesterday, I went with my two friends and their parents and the guy goes "Where's that place...where they were for peace?" I gave him this weird look "...woodstock?" and the guy said yup that's what he was trying to think of.
                        I bet they were surprised someone so young wood even know that We WooHoos are nothing if not educational

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          ET-H, thank you for sharing that lovely story with us. I love hearing about these conventions. Do you know if there's any transcripts from the AT ones anywhere?

Lots of folks have posted reports on live journal and such. Not sure if I can track down the links but I'll post them if I can.

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                          I wonder if they can make RDA run at the con next year?

I'll be at the Meet The Man event and auction but he's had a number of knee surgeries so I think it would be cruel to make him run.

I feel bad enough doing it to AT because she is usually in heels but she is a good sport and the crowd loves it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Jumble: love the vid!

EH-T: Love your AT anecdote, AT is such a good sport indeed
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Thanks Yessika I can't get the song out of my head

*iz still happy dancing*

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                No time for sleep. Work ain't done yet*headdesk*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Well...I'm still thinking of telling the teacher...

I just send her the link towards the site...only thing I get back is

Janneke why is the menu blinking? Somehow I think that that is not intentional and the guys should perhaps fix it before the voting starts... Just a thought.;=)
                                Didn't I just tell her that I made the site and the guys did nothing in the end?
                                So...I'm still doubting about telling the teacher now ...

And now everything is going wrong
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X