No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood it help if we were to make protest banners, have a thread-in, happy dance naked, chant Hippy chants like: ''As we are! In the C&R!'' and offer a flower to Bagpuss? Make her an honourary WooHoo? Offer Chocolate and Martini's? Money? A first born?

No?

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

That's right, we can worship Martin anywhere.......

*rofl* that's right girl, bring it on!
      Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Wood it help if we were to make protest banners, have a thread-in, happy dance naked, chant Hippy chants like: ''As we are! In the C&R!'' and offer a flower to Bagpuss? Make her an honourary WooHoo? Offer Chocolate and Martini's? Money? A first born?

No?

I really doubt that but we could try. what about cakes?

Comment

Seems like the sensible thing to do

Me too! Giving Martin the adulation that he soooo deserves

You know there are a few lucky Samandans that will probably meet Martin next week. They won a tour of the Sanctuary set, hanging out with Amanda, and a probable introduction with other cast and crew on set. If he's directing at the time, they'll get to see him action... *sigh*

No?

Maybe our souls?
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, here. Witness my thinking process

I am quite partial to the title (but having said that, I am bias, cause well....) I think for us, ''WooHoodStock'' sums it up pretty nicely. But that might not be the case for everyone else. As I pointed out before (oh we're good for having discussed this thing ahead ), the meaning is clear to us, but it might scare off the more serious Martin/PTB wooshipper fan. So... if we want to increase our cult club, it might even be wise to make the thread seem more accessible I couldn't spell that word to save my life.. We wood still be the WooHoodStock thread in our hearts and by law of Shippy Hippy ...insanity.
          Apart from the name, I am also quite partial to the C&R...
          (Although that might just be me being silly, who knows? )

On the other hand, keeping the title wood be nice. It's so us. I think most of us have subscribed or [social pressure] will subscribe [/social pressure], so we woodn't have too much trouble with the whole fandom folder...

I'm talking myself in a circle here...

Let me think about it some more. In private
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            I really doubt that but we could try. what about cakes?
            Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Maybe our souls?
            Mmm... Let's keep them coming!
            Throw everything you have to offer on this pile here *points* and I'm sure we'll find something.
            Maybe we could offer some tools 'n' products? Some Happy Shorts?
            No forget that, I'm keeping the Shorts.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

You know there are a few lucky Samandans that will probably meet Martin next week. They won a tour of the Sanctuary set, hanging out with Amanda, and a probable introduction with other cast and crew on set. If he's directing at the time, they'll get to see him action... *sigh*
              Care to suggest to them that they might ask Amanda a *certain question*?

See him in action? *faints*

Maybe our souls?
              Nope. Mine has already taken flight to Vancouver.................

Ok, here. Witness my thinking process

I am quite partial to the title (but having said that, I am bias, cause well....) I think for us, ''WooHoodStock'' sums it up pretty nicely. But that might not be the case for everyone else. As I pointed out before (oh we're good for having discussed this thing ahead ), the meaning is clear to us, but it might scare off the more serious Martin/PTB wooshipper fan. So... if we want to increase our cult club, it might even be wise to make the thread seem more accessible I couldn't spell that word to save my life.. We wood still be the WooHoodStock thread in our hearts and by law of Shippy Hippy ...insanity.
              Apart from the name, I am also quite partial to the C&R...
              (Although that might just be me being silly, who knows? )
              But do we want to increase our cult membership? Our current little clan gets on so well and we're all so happy............ I know, I'm being selfish, but I love our little band of WooHoos

On the other hand, keeping the title wood be nice. It's so us. I think most of us have subscribed or [social pressure] will subscribe [/social pressure], so we woodn't have too much trouble with the whole fandom folder...

I'm talking myself in a circle here...
              http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...eed/0001-4.gif

Let me think about it some more. In private
              Soooooo... you're coming down decisively on the side of 'Don't know' ?

Having lulled Bagpuss into a false security, we should bide our time and then seize the right moment for a quick kidnap, bundle her(?) into a cupboard with Martin, Joe, Brad, Coopie and Dan, and let them mesmerize her into believing that we should be left exactly as we are Of course, if 'she' happens to be a 'he', that might not work

Edit: I don't think I'm ready to give away his 'tools'

At least now we know the identity of the 'invisible member' we've been waving to lately

Comment

Poor Amanda...

But do we want to increase our cult membership? Our current little clan gets on so well and we're all so happy............ I know, I'm being selfish, but I love our little band of WooHoos
                I see where you're coming from, I love our little band too We have never had any problems and we're pretty good at the self moderation thing.
                But...
                We are part of an open community and we must give everyone a chance to see the light.
                Having said that... How many people wood actually join us that aren't as odd as we are?

Having lulled Bagpuss into a false security, we should bide our time and then seize the right moment for a quick kidnap, bundle her(?) into a cupboard with Martin, Joe, Brad, Coopie and Dan, and let them mesmerize her into believing that we should be left exactly as we are Of course, if 'she' happens to be a 'he', that might not work

Edit: I don't think I'm ready to give away his 'tools'
                *nods* I wood never say that *nods*

Yes, let us lead Bagpuss into believing we're not scary... Maybe someone should post one of those shiny Martin pics...
                It's too bad we can't find out if Bagpuss a 'she', because mods can't read small print...

No... we really should keep the tools. Martin still needs them.

sigpic

Comment

See him in action? *faints*
                  I think they might be already on their way to Vancouver .

Shhh..... Baggie can read small letters.... Don't give away the plan and give her time to escape and call for back up...

sigpic

Comment

Poor Amanda...

I see where you're coming from, I love our little band too We have never had any problems and we're pretty good at the self moderation thing.
                    But...
                    We are part of an open community and we must give everyone a chance to see the light.
                    Having said that... How many people wood actually join us that aren't as odd as we are?
                    I know you're right, but us oldies don't like change, and I guess I just don't want our little loveboat S.H.I.P.to get rocked

*nods* I wood never say that *nods*

Yes, let us lead Bagpuss into believing we're not scary... Maybe someone should post one of those shiny Martin pics...
                    It's too bad we can't find out if Bagpuss a 'she', because mods can't read small print...

No... we really should keep the tools. Martin still needs them.
                    I'm not sure that we wood be believed, Bagpuss has read a lot of the thread Maybe we should just come right out and ask her/him in full sized print?

Bagpuss are you a she or a he? It's vital that we know so as to properly plan our strategy

Yes, yes he does...... sadly, for I wood love to have one of his tools. You know, just as a little big souvenir

Oooooh, pics..

This one still makes me ROFL!

Comment

Maybe we should start a little poll about moving to the fandom section or staying in the C&R and maybe worry about the name when we have decided that?

You know...

Stay (0)
                      Go (0)
                      I don't know, the broccoli keeps clouding my mind (1)

Ok, maybe we should skip the last option...

sigpic

Comment

Maybe we should start a little poll about moving to the fandom section or staying in the C&R and maybe worry about the name when we have decided that?

You know...

Stay (0)
                        Go (0)
                        I don't know, the broccoli keeps clouding my mind (1)

Ok, maybe we should skip the last option...
                        Hmmm. I don't think we can deal with the options separately, because if we don't move we have to change the name.

So maybe...

1. Stay in C/R but change to a more formal name (0)
                        2. Move to the Fandom area and keep our present cool and unique name (0)
                        *please don't vote whilst your mind is clouded by the broccoli*

What do you think?

Comment

Hmmm. I don't think we can deal with the options separately, because if we don't move we have to change the name.

So maybe...

1. Stay in C/R but change to a more formal name (0)
                          2. Move to the Fandom area and keep our present cool and unique name (0)

What do you think?
                          Yeah, I meant the ''what should our new name be'' part.
                          I thought that the stay and loose the name/ go and keep the name thingy wood be clear.

But I like the options, although it might steer us in one direction
                          Maybe have it as:

1. Stay in the awesome C/R section, but change to a more formal name (0)
                          2. Move to the Fandom area, but keep our present cool and unique name (0)

sigpic

Comment

good point Did - now i really don't know what i want. I love this small batch of worshippers. But I also feel that the name isn't what makes a community. The community makes the community... ummm, yeah... savvy? I don't know... *gah* do we have a magical Woohood Ball that could give us a clear answer?

Comment

Yeah, I meant the ''what should our new name be'' part.
                              I thought that the stay and lose the name/ go and keep the name thingy wood be clear.
                              It's clear to us, but anyone coming in to vote who hasn't read the previous posts might not realise it

But I like the options, although it might steer us in one direction
                              Yes, I was showing a little bias there wasn't I? I'll try not to be so overbearing
                              Maybe have it as:

1. Stay in the awesome C/R section, but change to a more formal name (0)
                              2. Move to the Fandom area, but keep our present cool and unique name (0)

Yep, I think that says it clearly (and fairly )
                              Last edited by Jumble; 27 March 2009, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                                good point Did - now i really don't know what i want. I love this small batch of worshippers. But I also feel that the name isn't what makes a community. The community makes the community... ummm, yeah... savvy? I don't know... *gah* do we have a magical Woohood Ball that could give us a clear answer?

Try this:

Stay here.
                                -Be near the S/J thread (=User friendly)
                                -Be in the right place to discuss/Ship Major Wood
                                -Be where most other thunk threads are
                                -Have a more respectfull name
                                -The option to be an ''official'' multi PTB thunk/appreciation thread
                                -Easier to come in contact with Martin loving people (coming from the other character/ship threads

-Change the name into something formal
                                -Change the name into something that isn't WooHoodStock
                                -Change the name. Period

Go there
                                -Keep the name as it is.
                                -Get in touch with fans who appreciate Martin/PTB through fandom and not (just) the series.
                                -Be near the art thread (=user friendly)

-Be in a less busy section
                                -Be mistaken for a respectful thread
                                -Be near the Joe's Blog thread (we might permanently loose LJ)
                                -Be in a section with the option to start a Brad thread (we might permanently loose Jann)

It's like choosing between the nice view or the name plate
                                *sings* ''Our house, in the middle of the street, our house...''*
                                Last edited by DutchIndeed; 27 March 2009, 04:24 AM. Reason: Singing.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X