The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love both ideas girls! I think you two should just forward them to Oma

And adverting thoughts...I dunno...coz they are both zoomed in at the face.
    sigpic

Comment

Just because it's a Woohoo-led production...

Ladies and Gentlemen! Awards announcement imminent...

Voting for the first Annual Artwork Awards closes on the 29th March!!

That means you have only 4 days left to vote on who you think deserves an award for outstanding artwork created in the last year on the artwork thread.

Please cast your votes soon, there are still a couple of people who nominated who haven't voted!!

To make it absolutely clear, you don't need to be an artworker or have previously participated in the awards process to vote!!

Please vote and help us make this a success!!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I love both ideas girls! I think you two should just forward them to Oma
        Cool! So that's at least three of us GimPS that will contribute

And adverting thoughts...I dunno...coz they are both zoomed in at the face.
        *shakes head* Some of us do actually notice faces, eyes, mouths, hair etc. before descending to the gutter level

Edit: Ok Sarai, I get the message Thanks for reminding me, I was actually thinking I had another week

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Hmmmmm..
          Spoiler:
          I think it's a great idea (although I'm not sure what 'onesies' are ) because IMO it wood be good to get a bit more variety into the challenges. I have nothing against making S/J and SG artwork (especially if I can get a Martinsig in there ) but sometimes I think it wood be good to do something totally different I love doing the birthday cards that I make for my friends and family, because it takes me completely away from my usual PSing and opens up lots of options for different styles of artwork.

I'm not sure how the other GimPS wood receive the idea though, most didn't seem keen when we gave them the PTB challenge And yet in the end it had one of the largest numbers of entries ever Or was that just us WooHoos?

I was thinking about asking Oma to do a 'Hippy Art' challenge this Friday, so as to get more people doing stuff for the S.H.I.P. birthday celebrations. What do you think?
          I agree . Judging by the way the PTB challenge was received I'm just not sure anything totally different wood be well received, shame really .

Having said that I really like both ideas. Hmm, I really need to start thinking of something for the S.H.I.P. birthday.

/random post

EDIT: I'm coming after you Jumbly, waving a voting slip

((Jumble)) it's ok really

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
            I agree . Judging by the way the PTB challenge was received I'm just not sure anything totally different wood be well received, shame really .
            True, but then like I said, in the end there were what, 40 entries? So now there's 4 of us that wood make stuff for both ideas, and I'm sure Oma wood be in the baby one, and if others don't want to, well *shrugs*

Having said that I really like both ideas. Hmm, I really need to start thinking of something for the S.H.I.P. birthday.

/random post
            Yes, go make Hippy Birthday Art!!! It's not like you have anything more important to do

It occurred to me that I should have asked you to write a Martin/S.H.I.P. fic a few weeks ago Too late now I've re-read your Martinfic soooooo many times, I loveitloveitloveitloveit

EDIT: I'm coming after you Jumbly, waving a voting slip

((Jumble)) it's ok really
            I'm having a problem getting the Awards pages to load, I can't see any of the pics in your first nominations post

Comment

True, but then like I said, in the end there were what, 40 entries? So now there's 4 of us that wood make stuff for both ideas, and I'm sure Oma wood be in the baby one, and if others don't want to, well *shrugs*
              Yeah! The way I see it if it's put forward and accepted by Oma then as many or as few people can take part

Yes, go make Hippy Birthday Art!!! It's not like you have anything more important to do
              Screw those essays, it's S.H.I.P. time !

It occurred to me that I should have asked you to write a Martin/S.H.I.P. fic a few weeks ago Too late now I've re-read your Martinfic soooooo many times, I loveitloveitloveitloveit
              Yeah I did actually think about that. Maybe I still have time . Probably not *sigh*. Oh well, I don't need an excuse to write another Martin fic, there'll be one in the pipeline soon I promise .

I'm having a problem getting the Awards pages to load, I can't see any of the pics in your first nominations post
              Hmm, I'll go and have a look now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Yeah! The way I see it if it's put forward and accepted by Oma then as many or as few people can take part
                Absolutely

Screw those essays, it's S.H.I.P. time !
                There you go, getting your priorities right

Yeah I did actually think about that. Maybe I still have time . Probably not *sigh*. Oh well, I don't need an excuse to write another Martin fic, there'll be one in the pipeline soon I promise .
                Leave it until you have time to do yourself justice I can wait *drums fingers on desk*

Hmm, I'll go and have a look now.
                It's working now But I'm still having trouble choosing

Comment

It's working now But I'm still having trouble choosing
                  Good! I know, to be perfectly honest I'm badgering everyone else to vote and I haven't even yet !

Comment

I'm just going for the one's I like best, regardless of the artistic skill

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

These are onesies:

I'm sure there's a UK version (?).

Part of the fun of this idea, for me is having Stargate-related stuff on the kid. So the art-eests can make as much S/J art as they want. But it would really take people out of their comfort zone, cuz Cafepress likes simple, b&w stuff...they'd have to rely on cute quotes/sayings and really focus on the main image, instead of using lots of textures, etc.

I'll pass it on to Oma. Sept. is a ways off.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

These are onesies:
                        http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ez_onesies.jpg
                        I'm sure there's a UK version (?).

Part of the fun of this idea, for me is having Stargate-related stuff on the kid. So the art-eests can make as much S/J art as they want. But it would really take people out of their comfort zone, cuz Cafepress likes simple, b&w stuff...they'd have to rely on cute quotes/sayings and really focus on the main image, instead of using lots of textures, etc.

I'll pass it on to Oma. Sept. is a ways off.
                        Ah, we just call them 'baby vests'

So are you going to specify SG pics, or can we do 'any' pic, including SG?

Why Sepember? Did I miss something

I've sent my idea to Oma

Comment

Ah, we just call them 'baby vests'

So are you going to specify SG pics, or can we do 'any' pic, including SG?

Why Sepember? Did I miss something

I've sent my idea to Oma
                          Baby is due in September, but since it's an adoption, I'm being silly and not wanting to do anything too "Baby" till the placement actually happens...

And, Wooooooo! NO, not just S/J! PTB, PTB, PTB!! *jumps up and down*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Baby is due in September, but since it's an adoption, I'm being silly and not wanting to do anything too "Baby" till the placement actually happens...

And, Wooooooo! NO, not just S/J! PTB, PTB, PTB!! *jumps up and down*
                            *headdesk* Of course! I was only thinking about your new bub the other day

*jumps up and down with LJ* If I could only get some onesies with Martin on for my baby, life wood just be perfect

Comment

jumble, they have pillows! You can make a Martin pillow!
                              sigpic

Comment

Really? Grown-up-sized pillows? Gosh, the very idea ................*splash*

Comment

Working...
                                X