• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telling you to do whatever you want, that's the sort of 'control' I like

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Telling you to do whatever you want, that's the sort of 'control' I like
      *sigh* I predict a very confused Joe's Notebook in the next few days.
      sigpic

Comment

Clintonio is brilliant! You can upload loads of sigs and you can enable or disable them anytime. Unlike ImageRotate, where you had to actually delete a sig to take it out of rotation, and then upload it again if you wanted it back in
        It looks good indeed I never used ImageRotate so.. I don't know lol!

Do I see Hippy Joe spam...or am I just that tired...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          *sigh* I predict a very confused Joe's Notebook in the next few days.
          Can't wait

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          It looks good indeed I never used ImageRotate so.. I don't know lol!

Do I see Hippy Joe spam...or am I just that tired...
          Shhhhh! Next thing you know, LJ will have him wearing beads and flowers in his hair

Do I see a new sprite in the offing?

Comment

Hi everyone.

The Mods have been reviewing/changing thread titles here in the Characters/Relationships folder for some time.

This thread seems to be all about pic-posting,discussion of Martin's direction of eps,but mainly appreciation for Martin himself,plus various other PTB members now and again ,as part of the fun among your happy band .

That's just fine,but after reading through the thread ,I presume you would prefer to keep the "WooHoodStock" title to define the thread ?

The naming standardisation will apply if your thread stays here in C/R ,but the Stargate Fandom area may be a better home anyway,as Martin (despite his cameos in some eps),isn't a Stargate character.
            (Other older ,disused PTB Appreciation threads are already in that section,btw.)

May I gather your thoughts and ideas ,please ?

If the thread *does* stay in here ,the proposed retitle will be :

"Martin Wood Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation"

If the decision goes in favour of moving the thread to the Fandom area,then the present title could be left as it is, or become something like :

"WooHoodStock" (Martin Wood Fans ) : Celebration and Appreciation"

NB: Not a fixed title...just a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time.Looking forward to discussing your thread with you all !

Bagpuss,
            GateWorld Moderator.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi Bagpuss

I for one wood absolutely hate to lose the 'WooHoodStock' title. It really defines us as a band of happy hippy fans who love and appreciate all the SG PTB, but mostly Martin Wood

The origin of the name comes from the fact that most of us are members of the Shippy Hippy Insanity Party, and because Woodstock is such an important part of hippy history it seemed apt to apply it Martin's name and take it as our thread title.

Like you say, we are a very happy little band, and we're very fond of our little thread. I think most of us wood be quite upset if we had to change.

How exactly wood it effect us if we were moved to the Stargate Fandom area?

Comment

Can't wait

Shhhhh! Next thing you know, LJ will have him wearing beads and flowers in his hair

Do I see a new sprite in the offing?
                I think so...

*waits patiently*

Ooohhh...perhaps it's together with Joe

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Hi everyone.

The Mods have been reviewing/changing thread titles here in the Characters/Relationships folder for some time.

This thread seems to be all about pic-posting,discussion of Martin's direction of eps,but mainly appreciation for Martin himself,plus various other PTB members now and again ,as part of the fun among your happy band .

That's just fine,but after reading through the thread ,I presume you would prefer to keep the "WooHoodStock" title to define the thread ?

The naming standardisation will apply if your thread stays here in C/R ,but the Stargate Fandom area may be a better home anyway,as Martin (despite his cameos in some eps),isn't a Stargate character.
                (Other older ,disused PTB Appreciation threads are already in that section,btw.)

May I gather your thoughts and ideas ,please ?

If the thread *does* stay in here ,the proposed retitle will be :

"Martin Wood Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation"

If the decision goes in favour of moving the thread to the Fandom area,then the present title could be left as it is, or become something like :

"WooHoodStock" (Martin Wood Fans ) : Celebration and Appreciation"

NB: Not a fixed title...just a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

Thanks for your time.Looking forward to discussing your thread with you all !

Bagpuss,
                GateWorld Moderator.
                Our turn Sorry...just had to say that...

IMHO, I don't really care where the thread is placed...as long as it is placed somewhere lol!

As for the title...

"WooHoodStock" ( Martin Wood Fans) : Celebration and Appreciation

Oh and we don't have discussion..tsk tsk...good news...we aren't getting merged with other PTB thunk threads Or all the thunk threads *remembers Nad's post about a day in the only thunk thread on GW*

And Woohood...I've got everything in from my report...except one chapter, which is a summary of something else
                sigpic

Comment

Jann I've pmed you

I'm really not keen on the suggested new title I'd prefer to keep what we have

Comment

Jann I've pmed you

I'm really not keen on the suggested new title I'd prefer to keep what we have
                    I noticed...

I am tired...didn't read it very well...but let me try to say something..sorry if it makes no sense at all...blame school.

First of all would prefer to stay in this part of the forum...I know the title is "characters and relationships" but the subtitle says"'Shipping, thunking, and the faces of Stargate" This IMHO, indicated that MW is also a 'face' of SG...just like RDA or AT is IMHO.

As for the fandom part...it's more a different part of the forum, our thunking group would feel out of place between the graphic and convention threads...so I prefer staying in this part.

Second of all, I would prefer to keep the thread title we have, but I do understand the new GW rules. I think a good thread name would be "The Martin Woohoodstock thread- Celebration and Appreciation" ...this means the title stays the same...people understand it's about Martin Wood IMHO and we have the new part with it that all threads are getting these days.

So in short....we keep in this part of the forum, where the birth of this thread was and we keep the thread name with a little twitch to it so that it fits with GW standards. Deal?
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi again ! The thread Wood would operate exactly the way it has before if it moves into SG Fandom.

WooHoodStock is a definite and thriving community ,and it doesn't need to be merged with the older PTB threads .

( That new "title" was only a suggestion,like I said earlier.No worries about that really,or any rush.
                      All suggestions have to weighed up and your input is vital.)

Comment

No deal! Jann

What Bagpuss is saying is that if we stay here, we cannot keep the 'WooHoodStock' part of the title. It wood have to be called "Martin Wood Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation" or something similar, which I personally woodn't like

Obviously we all have to think about it and talk it over, but my feeling is that I wood prefer to move to the Fandom area if it means keeping the title we have now.
                        Last edited by Jumble; 26 March 2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Hi again ! The thread Wood would operate exactly the way it has before if it moves into SG Fandom.

WooHoodStock is a definite and thriving community ,and it doesn't need to be merged with the older PTB threads .

( That new "title" was only a suggestion,like I said earlier.No worries about that really,or any rush.
                          All suggestions have to weighed up and your input is vital.)
                          Woodspeak is catching isn't it?

So our posts wood still 'count' in the Fandom area as they do now? That's important to me, because I love to make 'congrats' banners everytime someone hits a '69 post

I'm glad to hear that we won't be 'merged'

Will you be opening a separate 'discussion' thread for this as has been done for the S/J threads?

Comment

LOL ! Yes it's catching Woodn't cha know?

Yes,your posts count throughout the forum except for the Off Topic Chat area,so no worries there.Fandom counts .

As we need the input of you and the thread regulars,not the more general membership ,it's better to discuss it all in here.

Comment

LOL ! Yes it's catching Woodn't cha know?
                              That's when you know you've been hanging around with the WooHoos too long

Yes,your posts count throughout the forum except for the Off Topic Chat area,so no worries there.Fandom counts .
                              That's good to know

As we need the input of you and the thread regulars,not the more general membership ,it's better to discuss it all in here.
                              I was hoping that wood be the case. Aren't we an elite little club?

Most of the regulars are in Europe, so are probably asleep right now (I should be, it's past 1am ) so you'll probably hear from them sometime tomorrow

Edit: Sooooo Bagpuss, do you know when his birthday is????

Comment

Fun lingo for a fun and friendly thread imo.

No rush tonight on getting the others' input and opinions.We've got plenty time.

I'm in the UK ,so in the time zone midway section myself,so I'll be around to answer questions or just take notes ,as and when you all get a chance to look at the proposals.

Comment

Working...
                                X