X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    So, really, we should all be singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
    *starts whistling*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      I put him in one sig - what more do you want?

No, didn't get it yet.......... I'm still not happy about getting the eps from iTunes........ but I guess it wood be good to watch it together, so I'll see if I can get the cable

Yes we should
      I'll bring my cables too, and hopefully we can get everything to sync up OK

The downside of iTunes of course is that it costs a couple of quid an episode, but I'd rather that than wait until June (especially as I'm going away then anyway!). They're actually even ahead of the Syfy broadcast in the States at the moment, hence my already having seen ep.12!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I put him in one sig - what more do you want?

No, didn't get it yet.......... I'm still not happy about getting the eps from iTunes........ but I guess it wood be good to watch it together, so I'll see if I can get the cable
        I love watching Sanctuary with you guys

Yes we should
        Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Yaaaaay. *sings/whistles along, swaying and dancing*

Originally posted by josiane View Post

The downside of iTunes of course is that it costs a couple of quid an episode, but I'd rather that than wait until June (especially as I'm going away then anyway!). They're actually even ahead of the Syfy broadcast in the States at the moment, hence my already having seen ep.12!
        Hehehehehe.

Snap. Also, for me, it's really handy that I can get it from iTunes
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

well, I'm way behind and at the pace you chat, i may never catch up!

It has, as these things are wont to do around here

Er........ no EH-T, that's not quite right - your have a lovely Canadian accent

So glad you got to see CJ, if only for a brief lift ride!

I saw your post about Creation not refunding prepaid fees for CJ's photo ops - that's appalling!!! I guess we're very lucky that GABIT do the Sanctuary and AT events
          Absolutely. It is obvious why AT trusts them with her events.

I made a '69 by calling for a Party?!
          Awwwsummmm...

I think that it's telling that I'm more moved by the thought of BW cleaning out than by not getting the movies...

True that!
          I had tears in my eyes when Brad was talking about his love of the shows, the people involved and the fans.

Me too

Wonder what he'll do next

Joe, Paul and Coopie have gone to Toronto to work on Transporter (?), Martin, Amanda, Damian et al are giving us Sanctuary (well, giving SOME of us Sanctuary, the rest of us having to wait for aaaaaages and aaaaaaaages to get it. Whinge whinge ), so it really is the end of an era. The end of an extraordinary era!
          BW is writing two pilots. One is for a scifi show and one is not scifi (but he didn't specify what kind of show it wood be).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            *tiptoes in*

Can I just say I feel like hugging all of you?

I was reading the news in the S/J thread, then came here, lurking as usual, and read what you all thought about it. . . Your love for SG in general just made me think back to the last year and a half (I've been in that fandom for such a short while) and I realised it had been a wonderful year.

I want to join you in saying thank you and sending huggles and good vibes to all the PTB!

And if you throw together a Stargate Party, I'm all in with you. ^^

*huggles Woohoos*
            (Even if I don't consider myself a big Woohoo yet... Maybe a half-woohoo? I have a name and all, thanks to Jumble, but I felt silent after a couple of days... I hope you don't mind me delurking from time to time. )

*runs out*
            With wonderful posts like that, please delurk anytime.

Woohoos,

I am only part way through and have to leave for home but before I go I wood just like to say I am so proud (but not surprised) at your reactions to the news of the end of the SG franchise. So positive and thankful for what we have received. ((group hug))

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hello from my new laptop!!!

Have to start installing everything, but so far so good!

Squee!

Must say compared to the old one not a lot() of difference yet but I've only been on PB and this site so far lol! Still figuring out how a Mac works compared to a laptop! I'm sure it's gonna be fun once I've figured everything out! Must say the typing goes a lot easier though and I looooove the touchpad!

Anyway...back to understanding this thing and soon installing everything!
              sigpic

Comment

Hello all. Just lurking for a few moments. I have heard (from reading the MWHS Thread) that Sanctuary is moving to Mondays. I don't care what day it is on as long as it is on with new shows each week. I will gladly watch on Mondays.

Reason why SyFy isn't saying anything - they will probably mention it right after the Friday episode airs. They don't want to loose their audience.

Again thanks for all the kind words. I'll be going to my brother's house on Saturday, the funeral in Wednesday and I'll stay there through the weekend. So I won't be online very much. But I still enjoy reading what is put out here. It takes my mind off the current events. So thank you for that as well.
                sigpic

Comment

AHHHH

I don't know if anyone else heard it already, but did you read the note on FB from Sanctuary? Syfy is moving it to Monday evenings!?!?! *insert some bad language* Seriously this is going ruin the show! Monday evenings are PACKED with popular shows like House, Dancing with the Stars and other BIG shows...a small show like Sanctuary won't be watched and thus get bad ratings.

I seriously hope this won't happen, but I fear the worst. Why oh why Syfy are you ruining every. single. show this year for me. *insert bad language again* First Caprica, then SGU and now Sanctuary.
                  Ugh...it's a sciencefiction channel, not a stupid boxing channel.

Sorry I needed to vent....perhaps it will work out fine, but I don't think so and that makes me sad
                  sigpic

Comment

Helloooo Woohoos.

I don't worry that much about Sanctuary. I'm sure it'll do great. I know I would watch it over House or any other show airing that night if Space decides to change it. (I can record the other ones.) My biggest problem with it is my selfish Canadian one... I'm sad Canada gets it four days after. Oh well, it's just a TV Show. And it's only 8 weeks. Things could change for season 4. (And they probably will.)

Good job Nad. You know that song is now stuck in my head until I go to bed?

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    BW is writing two pilots. One is for a scifi show and one is not scifi (but he didn't specify what kind of show it wood be).
                    Cool. Looking forward to hear about these!

Thank you.

Thanks all of you. You have no idea what your openness means to me.

Woohoos,

I am only part way through and have to leave for home but before I go I wood just like to say I am so proud (but not surprised) at your reactions to the news of the end of the SG franchise. So positive and thankful for what we have received. ((group hug))
                    *jumps in group hug*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Hello from my new laptop!!!

Have to start installing everything, but so far so good!

Squee!

Must say compared to the old one not a lot() of difference yet but I've only been on PB and this site so far lol! Still figuring out how a Mac works compared to a laptop! I'm sure it's gonna be fun once I've figured everything out! Must say the typing goes a lot easier though and I looooove the touchpad!

Anyway...back to understanding this thing and soon installing everything!
                    YAY! So, after a full evening on it, how is it working?
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      YAY! So, after a full evening on it, how is it working?
                      It's different but most things are surprisingly easy to find out Like the page up/down buttons, different del buttons, how the command key works etc. So it's pretty easy...I even already find my way to hack into the system So I got now all my programs installed...

I was afraid about the heat since there were a lot of complaints about that on the web, but it's actually not that bad...I've already been watching an HD clip for 35 min now and my temp actually went down...the only thing is that you have to make sure that the air around it can go out.

Minus point are the speakers in it though; I miss the base of my old laptop(it had a really good speaker system; but it was then also a media laptop)...but so far in general I love it. I'm very impressed by the keyboard, touchpad and how light it in general feels while it isn't that light! Also a good battery that is now already on for like 4/5 hours(including the installing of all programs and watching of Sanctuary HD)

I'm rambling now. *grins*
                      sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! I'm glad you like it!
                        I'm weighing the decision to buy a Mac myself when my current lappy dies. (Which could be sooner rather than later. It's in its sixth year. o.o But we'll see. My father is really a Mac person and knows all of it by heart, so he could probably help me with the change.
                        sigpic
                        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

*bounces in*

*huggles everyone who needs huggles*

*huggles everyone who doesn't need huggles*

...that's silly...everyone needs huggles! *huggles everyone again*

Oh...I don't really know my boy news yet. I picked a poor time to travel across the country to visit my parents. But when I know what's going on, I shall let you know It's my Stargate/sanctuary/Dr Who friend...so...you will all approve
                          sigpic

Comment

Morning Woohoos

Woohoos,

*Joins in group hug* Well said, EH-T!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Hello all. Just lurking for a few moments. I have heard (from reading the MWHS Thread) that Sanctuary is moving to Mondays. I don't care what day it is on as long as it is on with new shows each week. I will gladly watch on Mondays.

Reason why SyFy isn't saying anything - they will probably mention it right after the Friday episode airs. They don't want to loose their audience.

Again thanks for all the kind words. I'll be going to my brother's house on Saturday, the funeral in Wednesday and I'll stay there through the weekend. So I won't be online very much. But I still enjoy reading what is put out here. It takes my mind off the current events. So thank you for that as well.
                            *hugs* Glad we can help in that way. Sadly for several people here we have experience in that respect

Hope the funeral goes as well as these things ever can. *more hugs*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            *bounces in*

*huggles everyone who needs huggles*

*huggles everyone who doesn't need huggles*

...that's silly...everyone needs huggles! *huggles everyone again*

Oh...I don't really know my boy news yet. I picked a poor time to travel across the country to visit my parents. But when I know what's going on, I shall let you know It's my Stargate/sanctuary/Dr Who friend...so...you will all approve
                            Ahhhhh I had a sneaking suspicion... And yes, definitely approve Really hope it all works out in the way you want it to!

Right, I must away. I must go to the shop for hot cross buns
                            sigpic

Comment

Brilliant!

It's not that I begrudge spending the money, I just somehow feel it's cheating And I will get to see the first 8 eps with Laurie soon

well, I'm way behind and at the pace you chat, i may never catch up!

Absolutely. It is obvious why AT trusts them with her events.
                              A trust well deserved

I had tears in my eyes when Brad was talking about his love of the shows, the people involved and the fans.
                              Aw! Can you tell us more of what he said about it?

*hugs Brad*

I bet whatever he does will be good

Woohoos,

*joins in group hug* I'm saddened by the bad vibes that have been going around about the ending of the franchise and the sheer ingratitude being shown for all the years of hard work and awesome tv that we've been given I really hope that some of our SG PTB have seen our little corner of GW and know that we, at least, love and appreciate them

Originally posted by llp View Post

They have now announced it on Twitter, but it wood have been nice if they'd done it sooner

*huggles* I hope you can enjoy your little great-niece and nephew - take comfort from them

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              AHHHH

I don't know if anyone else heard it already, but did you read the note on FB from Sanctuary? Syfy is moving it to Monday evenings!?!?! *insert some bad language* Seriously this is going ruin the show! Monday evenings are PACKED with popular shows like House, Dancing with the Stars and other BIG shows...a small show like Sanctuary won't be watched and thus get bad ratings.

I seriously hope this won't happen, but I fear the worst. Why oh why Syfy are you ruining every. single. show this year for me. *insert bad language again* First Caprica, then SGU and now Sanctuary.
                              Ugh...it's a sciencefiction channel, not a stupid boxing channel.

Sorry I needed to vent....perhaps it will work out fine, but I don't think so and that makes me sad
                              The Sanctuary team are happy about the change, so I'm not worried

Glad to hear you're happy with your new toy

Right, I must away. I must go to the shop for hot cross buns
                              Ever the traditionalist eh Josi? No hot cross buns for me, no chocolate eggs either - trying to lose a few pounds before I go to Seattle - sooooo many awesome restaurants to visit

Comment

Brilliant!

It's not that I begrudge spending the money, I just somehow feel it's cheating And I will get to see the first 8 eps with Laurie soon
                                I know what you mean

*joins in group hug* I'm saddened by the bad vibes that have been going around about the ending of the franchise and the sheer ingratitude being shown for all the years of hard work and awesome tv that we've been given I really hope that some of our SG PTB have seen our little corner of GW and know that we, at least, love and appreciate them
                                I hope so too. I don't mind people being disappointed, that's to be expected and in fact is testament to how much the franchise has been (and is still) loved. But all the blame being directed at TPTB seems very unfair to me, and as you say, ungrateful. Whether you agree with all the decisions they've made at various times (even within the constraints of the network/studio demands), you surely can't deny that they've always done what they've done with the best creative intentions and have always wanted to make Stargate the best it can be.

Ever the traditionalist eh Josi? No hot cross buns for me, no chocolate eggs either - trying to lose a few pounds before I go to Seattle - sooooo many awesome restaurants to visit
                                Yep, ever the traditionalist when it comes to traditions that are yummy Although having said that I've still failed to actually get dressed and get to said shop Must. Go. Now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X