No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a moment today. I was in a CD/DVD store, looking at the Stargate section (seriously, if you consider that SG isn't HUGE here, that section is kind of big. I mean, 10 seasons of SG1, seperate pilot ep DVD, two movies, CotG recut and then 5 seasons SGA and the newish SGU box... All there? ) And when I looked up I suddenly found myself nose to box with Sanctuary S1. And that's a very strange sight considering that it's not supposed to happen.
    But yeah. UK import. In store. That's all kinds of awesome.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Nothing........ but you usually turn up whenever there's any ickybah talk going on, so I wondered where you were
    In hiding, probably.

Oh it's fine, a lot of blood for a little cut

*snorts*
    Funny how that happens.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Definitely!

.... as they do from yours

Can you believe I fell asleep and missed the first half of Sanctuary? Thank heavens for the auto-record
      I hardly ever use the word ''innocent'' Jann is innocent.

I'm cute.

And does a big . Priorities! Sanctuary before sleep!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*waves*

Skimming the thread on my phone. Hope everyone had a lovely day. It's been a very heartening and humbling few days at work. I'll prolly put the story up on LJ when I get home later if anyone wants to hear about it. Let's just say , for now, don't let anyone ever tell you that NYC-ers don't have ginormous hearts.

Enjoy Sanctuary night UK-ers!
        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Had a moment today. I was in a CD/DVD store, looking at the Stargate section (seriously, if you consider that SG isn't HUGE here, that section is kind of big. I mean, 10 seasons of SG1, seperate pilot ep DVD, two movies, CotG recut and then 5 seasons SGA and the newish SGU box... All there? ) And when I looked up I suddenly found myself nose to box with Sanctuary S1. And that's a very strange sight considering that it's not supposed to happen.
          That's unfair! What store? I looked for Sanctuary for so long that in the end I just decided to import it! Plus I've never seen the COTG recut in here either!
          *grumbles*
          YES! so true!

I'm cute.
          If you say so....because you said I was innocent!

Jumble is losing it I think she must go in rehab to know that Sanctuary goes before sleep...or most things that is!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow! I've never seen all of those in one store here

In hiding, probably.
            But I looked under the bus........ have you found yourself a new hiding place?

Funny how that happens.
            Yeah......... and now I need to get some new glasses before the week-end

I'm cute.
            Yeah, but that's just Dutch for 'innocent', right?

I know But I got so bored watching Primeval that I just dropped off Problem now is, I probably won't get much sleep again tonight

Watching it now though. Getting a lot of deja vu in this ep
            Last edited by Jumble; 16 November 2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              That's unfair! What store? I looked for Sanctuary for so long that in the end I just decided to import it! Plus I've never seen the COTG recut in here either!
              *grumbles*
              Yeah, I know. It's rediculous. We never had to wait *that* long for DVD's and Sanctuary still hasn't been released. In fact, in most stores you couldn't even order it. You were right to import when you did, it's a lot faster. Bol.com now offers UK import too, but with a long wait. And for 50 Euro, not even counting the shipping fee.

It was Fame, in Amsterdam. Offered it for 25 Euro, awesome price for import, I think.

YES! so true!

If you say so....because you said I was innocent!

Jumble is losing it I think she must go in rehab to know that Sanctuary goes before sleep...or most things that is!
              Yes. Let's stick together! *fistpump*

And *nods*

Wow! I've never seen all of those in one store here

But I looked under the bus........ have you found yourself a new hiding place?
              It's a wonderful sight, I tell you. And the SG1 boxes are silver... So shiney.
              Maybe I need to go and take pictures.

And um...
              no. Really.

Yeah......... and now I need to get some new glasses before the week-end

And nope. That's 'onschuldig'
              EDIT: Cute wood be ''schattig'', BTW.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I know. It's ridiculous. We never had to wait *that* long for DVD's and Sanctuary still hasn't been released. In fact, in most stores you couldn't even order it. You were right to import when you did, it's a lot faster. Bol.com now offers UK import too, but with a long wait. And for 50 Euro, not even counting the shipping fee.

It was Fame, in Amsterdam. Offered it for 25 Euro, awesome price for import, I think.

And *nods*

Maybe I need to go and take pictures.
                Yes, you should

And um...
                no. Really.

And nope. That's 'onschuldig'
                EDIT: Cute wood be ''schattig'', BTW.
                And so my Dutch vocabulary grows..........

What's 'AWESOME'?

Comment

You know, just once, when I'm sitting at Starbucks, I'd really like for the person who sits down at my table to be a single gentleman of an appropriate age, who asks if he might join me before striking up a conversation rather than the clearly high, not age-appropriate, unwashed man-child who plops down next to me and asks 'What phone you got? I'm so-and-so, wha's your name?' Just once. /rant

Have I mentioned my desire to move away from NYC?
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Yes, you should
                    Clerk: What are you doing?
                    Me: I'm taking pictures!
                    Clerk: Why?
                    Me: Stargate is beautiful...
                    Clerk: *looks at boxes*
                    Me: Don't worry. It's for the WooHoos.
                    Clerk: Oh. Ok. *mutters something about sci fi geeks*

And so my Dutch vocabulary grows..........

What's 'AWESOME'?
                    I guess that could be translated as ''Geweldig''.
                    Yes. We do use that G a lot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      You know, just once, when I'm sitting at Starbucks, I'd really like for the person who sits down at my table to be a single gentleman of an appropriate age, who asks if he might join me before striking up a conversation rather than the clearly high, not age-appropriate, unwashed man-child who plops down next to me and asks 'What phone you got? I'm so-and-so, wha's your name?' Just once. /rant

Heh. But... In NYC situated movies, that ALWAYS happens!?

sigpic

Comment

Well Nad already explained it, but just like in English it are two seperate words.

Nad en ik zijn schattig en onschuldig!

I know But I got so bored watching Primeval that I just dropped off Problem now is, I probably won't get much sleep again tonight

Watching it now though. Getting a lot of deja vu in this ep
                        *hugs* I didn't like the last Sanctuary episode...also didn't like Hero 1 last year...
                        *shrugs*

Yeah, I know. It's rediculous. We never had to wait *that* long for DVD's and Sanctuary still hasn't been released. In fact, in most stores you couldn't even order it. You were right to import when you did, it's a lot faster. Bol.com now offers UK import too, but with a long wait. And for 50 Euro, not even counting the shipping fee.

That's a really good price. I paid 37 euros for it last year I think. (including shipping expenses)

GO DUTCHIES GO!

Yeah I miss my shiney boxes...they're now all together in one big folder while the cases are all still home alone...with their DVDs in them!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

*hugs* The NYC movies sound way better! But at least someone plops down next to you.

Clerk: What are you doing?
                          Me: I'm taking pictures!
                          Clerk: Why?
                          Me: Stargate is beautiful...
                          Clerk: *looks at boxes*
                          Me: Don't worry. It's for the WooHoos.
                          Clerk: Oh. Ok. *mutters something about sci fi geeks*
                          He'll think you are insane.

I guess that could be translated as ''Geweldig''.
                          Yes. We do use that G a lot
                          We do? I always say fantastisch or just say it in English
                          sigpic

Comment

Well Nad already explained it, but just like in English it are two seperate words.

Nad en ik zijn schattig en onschuldig!
                            Inderdaad!
                            (Yes, that does mean Indeed )

*hugs* I didn't like the last Sanctuary episode...also didn't like Hero 1 last year...
                            *shrugs*

That's a really good price. I paid 37 euros for it last year I think. (including shipping expenses)
                            I wasn't crazy 'bout it either... I actually 'enjoyed' part 1 more...

And *nods*
                            CDwow offers it for E43 now.

GO DUTCHIES GO!

Yeah I miss my shiney boxes...they're now all together in one big folder while the cases are all still home alone...with their DVDs in them!
                            WooHah!
                            Aww! But you do have a picture, right?

sigpic

Comment

He'll think you are insane.

We do? I always say fantastisch or just say it in English
                              Probably

And I use that too. Or super. Or awesome.

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't crazy 'bout it either... I actually 'enjoyed' part 1 more...
                                Yeah it was kinda...weird...couldn't really hold my attention to it.

And *nods*
                                CDwow offers it for E43 now.
                                Still expensive...but then again I found out our DVD boxes in general are more expensive than in the USA!

Aww! But you do have a picture, right?
                                Yep Of SG1 and SGA together and of course when I come back SGU and COTG recut can join their siblings

Probably

And I use that too. Or super. Or awesome.
                                *nods* I usually use super as in super cool! or gaaf!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X