Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    I think what threw me is that I wasn't expecting to get much chance to really speak to him at Expo... I didn't know what to expect from the con and kinda assumed the autograph queue would be controlled and moved on with military precision (as seems to happen at e.g. Creation cons) and anyone trying to take more than their alloted 23 seconds with the guest would be summarily dragged off and shot! So I kinda blurted out what I had wanted to say (that Common Ground was an excellent episode and he was brilliant in it) and then was totally flumoxed when he answered me and put his chin in hand and gazed at me, awaiting a response - my brain just kinda went, "Urk! Conversation?!! I hadn't planned that far ahead!" and promptly melted!
    It's always the gazing that gets you, lol. I remember when I first spotted him in the flesh and he was side on from me. and I went to the person beside me "omg! look at his ears! And the hair!"

But definately the eyes. It's like someone's just put a spotlight on you and your just like "uhhh".
    hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I think what threw me is that I wasn't expecting to get much chance to really speak to him at Expo... So I kinda blurted out what I had wanted to say (that Common Ground was an excellent episode and he was brilliant in it) and then was totally flumoxed when he answered me and put his chin in hand and gazed at me, awaiting a response
      Squee! Lucky you!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
        Squee! Lucky you!
        Even more lucky (and probably contributing significantly to the meltdown of my higher brain functions) is the fact that as I got my turn at the table, he chose to take off his jacket and roll up his shirt sleeves... and I got to stand there transfixed as he looked up at me whilst extending one arm at a time towards me and rolling up his sleeve to reveal muscular forearms.... *guh!*

It's really quite amazing I could still speak at *all* after this:

Oh, and *this* is what finished me off:

sigpic

Comment

Thunk! Thanks for sharing your pics.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Moo
            You should tell that to the crazy woman who shouted to him in Feb.
            I hear she's more misunderstood than crazy.

Oh, and *this* is what finished me off:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...Signing1-2.jpg
            GUH!

Comment

OMG Scruffy Joe.
              That pic frizzled out my brain for a few seconds.
              sigpic
              Sig by im_meli
              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

As long as we get Joe I dont mind who else gets invited!!!

Comment

My wish list is JM and PM at the mo.

To be honest I don't particularly care who's there as the most unexpected guests turned out to be great this year
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                    To be honest I don't particularly care who's there as the most unexpected guests turned out to be great this year
                    Very true. I loved Aaron Douglas and I don't even watch BSG, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                      My wish list is JM and PM at the mo.

For a second I took JM to mean Joe Mallozzi! Which was more than a little WTF moment.

Hmm, I don't really mind who's there since all the guests at P1 and P2 were fab but it would not be the same without Aaron there and of course with the Chuck love it'd be grand to have him at P3 again.

Shortlist of who I hope they might be able to get: Torri, Rachel (both would be amazing), Kavan Smith, Jewel Staite and Bambam.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post
                        For a second I took JM to mean Joe Mallozzi! Which was more than a little WTF moment.

Hmm, I don't really mind who's there since all the guests at P1 and P2 were fab but it would not be the same without Aaron there and of course with the Chuck love it'd be grand to have him at P3 again.

Shortlist of who I hope they might be able to get: Torri, Rachel (both would be amazing), Kavan Smith, Jewel Staite and Bambam.
                        It would be cool to have Kavan and they *gotta* get BamBam!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post

I really hope they get Torri and Rachel together. That would be great. They'd tell us all the dirty secrets on the guys. And I think we've had loads of guys in the past. Now it's time to let the girls take charge.

Not that I would like to see Kavan again. That would be fab too.
                          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

Comment

Great line up, purpleyin!

I can definatley get behind Kavan. *g*

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post

I can definatley get behind Kavan. *g*
                              *splorfs*
                              hh

Comment

Aaron, Chuck, Kavan, MARTIN WOOD...and JOE (hope dies last)
                                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
                                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
                                *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

Working...
                                X