No announcement yet.

Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid credit card from US, so maybe that is what is taking so long.

11 months to go!!!!!

I wonder if I can make a career out of going to conventions. I haven't even been to my 1st one, and I can hardly wait for this one.
    sigpic
    Sig by im_meli
    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
      Mine says processed. I paid by credit card (Master Card in the UK) so maybe they just work a bit quicker at clearing than other methods...
      I don't know, bc I know 2 people in the UK (one of them me, lol) who paid by credit card - actually, I paid by debit, come to think of it - and ours are still pending. But apparantly there was an 'upto 10 days process' message.

Comment

Ooh, I must have missed the 'upto 10 days process' message. Ooops. I figure I won't worry about it until next week then.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Lol, don't worry, so did I! I hadn't actually noticed a 'pending' comment. I just clikced confirm and took it for granted it had gone through, lol. Wasn't until my australian friend said about it that I checked and then checked with my english amigo... and she told me about the 10 day thing.

So I'm giving it until the 5th before I gp poke Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
            Lol, don't worry, so did I! I hadn't actually noticed a 'pending' comment. I just clikced confirm and took it for granted it had gone through, lol. Wasn't until my australian friend said about it that I checked and then checked with my english amigo... and she told me about the 10 day thing.

So I'm giving it until the 5th before I gp poke Wolf.
            Nothing is normally confirmed until payment is recieved on their end anyway. And that normally takes about a week. I think they just say 10 days to be sure. But then, it could go through before then and that they then need to process things. I think it's just a case of them actually getting round to it.
            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Has been 7 days for me now (paid by Uk Mastercard) and it's still pending.

But now I'm glad I went ahead and got it. I don't feel so guilty about going ahead and buying a ticket now, since I just got a job offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin View Post

But now I'm glad I went ahead and got it. I don't feel so guilty about going ahead and buying a ticket now, since I just got a job offer.
                I'd give it another couple of days. I think it's pretty safe to say that we're in the first 300 though.

And yay on the new job offer!
                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. When I order my P2 ticket with the same card it took 8 days to prcoess. I guess it just depends on how quicker they're being at the time.

Hurrah! Now you can save up to buy lots of stuff at the con....I don't really have a job just to support my ridiculous con habit honestly
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
                    I'd give it another couple of days. I think it's pretty safe to say that we're in the first 300 though.

And yay on the new job offer!
                    Hopefully. *fingers crossed* I missed not getting to go to the MnG at P2. It was fun at P1.

And thank you. I'm so looking forward to it, anxiously waiting for my contracts to come through the post so I can sign and make it all official. I'm gonna be a games beta tester - i.e. I'll have a job where (should I be there next January, contracts are short) I can probably say, yeah I need a few days off for a scifi convention and won't get odd looks at the concept.

Comment

I'm gonna be a games beta tester - i.e. I'll have a job where (should I be there next January, contracts are short) I can probably say, yeah I need a few days off for a scifi convention and won't get odd looks at the concept.
                      Oooh that sounds awesome! Lucky you!
                      sigpic

Comment

And thank you. I'm so looking forward to it, anxiously waiting for my contracts to come through the post so I can sign and make it all official. I'm gonna be a games beta tester - i.e. I'll have a job where (should I be there next January, contracts are short) I can probably say, yeah I need a few days off for a scifi convention and won't get odd looks at the concept.
                        What a great job. Interesting and fun

With my job I just tell them I need a personal day and they don't question it fortunately. Being a teacher it's not like I can rearrange my holidays. Besides, being only an hour and a bit away, I only really need half the day off to get to Heathrow on time so I don't feel too guilty.
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

Sweet! I spoke about Peg2 with some of my customers and they asked if I got to meet Jack and Carter. I'm like "It's an Atlantis Con." Them: "Yeah, but did you get to meet Sam and Jack?"

This year I covered all but one of my shifts and told the manager she just needed to cover Sat, and when she said she might not be able to and so I'd have to come in, I told her I wouldn't be in town, lol. I'm hoping to find another job real soon though and if I have to, I'll just make something up next year... like Dentist on Friday, Opticians on Sat and.... homeopath on Sunday.

Comment

I'm gonna be a games beta tester -
                            Sounds like fun!

Being my own business (I teach piano and run a private studio) I can schedule vacation whenever and I can usually avoid a pay cut - yay for group lessons! My other gig (high school choir accompanist) is pretty lax. I know the director from university and he's also a big scifi fan , so getting time off from there usually isn't a problem so long as it's not near any performance dates. In fact, he and I are going to San Jose this weekend to catch ADB.

Yikes, I'm a grinning fool today! lol

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                              Sounds like fun!

Being my own business (I teach piano and run a private studio) I can schedule vacation whenever and I can usually avoid a pay cut - yay for group lessons! My other gig (high school choir accompanist) is pretty lax. I know the director from university and he's also a big scifi fan , so getting time off from there usually isn't a problem so long as it's not near any performance dates. In fact, he and I are going to San Jose this weekend to catch ADB.
                              Now that sounds very good, and what a great boss to have!

Today I got a mail to say my ticket got processed - but there's still no way to know what number ticket I've got!

Comment

you wont find out what ticket number you have until you get the ticket a couple of weeks before the event!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X