• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't be Joe.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
      Aww...I never thought of that!! I'd be really disappointed, but it would be worth it to see Paul as Scotty!
      Doesn't look like it'll be an issue now - the role has apparently gone to Simon Pegg.

As for other guests, I'm really hoping for Jason as the main one even though in a way he looks rather intimidating to meet in person!
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
        Doesn't look like it'll be an issue now - the role has apparently gone to Simon Pegg.
        Simon Pegg? As in Nicholas Angel from Hot Fuzz and the guy from Shaun of the Dead and Run Fat Boy Run? Odd choice.

Comment

Billing question about the Thisle Hotel for anyone who booked their room through the Thistle website

Spoiler:
          I booked a room about 1.5 weeks ago. My credit card still has no record of it, although I have a confirmation number. Has anyone else who booked their room through Thistle been billed yet? I wasn't sure if it had to do with the fact that my card is from a US bank, but it usually doesn't take this long to clear. I really don't want to pay when I check out, since it's gonna cost me over $1000 US. I can call them, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Thanks
          sigpic
          Sig by im_meli
          More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
            Billing question about the Thisle Hotel for anyone who booked their room through the Thistle website

Spoiler:
            I booked a room about 1.5 weeks ago. My credit card still has no record of it, although I have a confirmation number. Has anyone else who booked their room through Thistle been billed yet? I wasn't sure if it had to do with the fact that my card is from a US bank, but it usually doesn't take this long to clear. I really don't want to pay when I check out, since it's gonna cost me over $1000 US. I can call them, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Thanks
            You only pay when you arrive or if you dont arrive and you dont cancel the room in time they charge you on the card given when you made the reservation.

Comment

Hello Ladies,
              Yesterday I decided to attend the Pegasus Three in London. Actually it was Klenotka, who inspired me and I really look forward and I´m very curious, because it´s my first con, in fact it´s my very first event like this. At most I´d wish to see Joe, he is my favourite, but I will be gratefull to see anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                Simon Pegg? As in Nicholas Angel from Hot Fuzz and the guy from Shaun of the Dead and Run Fat Boy Run? Odd choice.
                Yup it does strike me as a bit odd. But Pegg is great so I'm open minded about it. Wonder what his Scottish accent is like...
                sigpic
                by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  You only pay when you arrive or if you dont arrive and you dont cancel the room in time they charge you on the card given when you made the reservation.
                  Poop. That's gonna be a huge hit on the credit card all at once. Thanks for the heads up. I think I can work it out.

Originally posted by Fazulina View Post
                  Hello Ladies,
                  Yesterday I decided to attend the Pegasus Three in London. Actually it was Klenotka, who inspired me and I really look forward and I´m very curious, because it´s my first con, in fact it´s my very first event like this. At most I´d wish to see Joe, he is my favourite, but I will be gratefull to see anyone.
                  Welcome! Can't wait to meet you. This will be my second con and I'm too excited about it
                  sigpic
                  Sig by im_meli

Comment

Poop. That's gonna be a huge hit on the credit card all at once. Thanks for the heads up. I think I can work it out.

Welcome! Can't wait to meet you. This will be my second con and I'm too excited about it
                    I would suggest giving the hotel a call to confirm your reservation before Jan - I called the hotel the day before SG-11 and found that they had no record of my booking. I didnt book direct that time but used a cheap hotel site...and they had basically changed systems and the booking had been lost. Luckily they managed to find a room ( of sorts )

Comment

Good advise. My other option would be to get a temp credit card to use for my trip, since my hotel is listed on my current personal CC.

I had to call them last month to make sure that I got a non-smoking room. If they lose my confirmation, I'll go all Ronan on their rears.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by im_meli

Comment

I have booked direct with Thistle and I rang to confirm (mainly because I got stressed I had booked the wrong days) and they were brilliant, think I will take SheppyD's advice and ring up closer and confirm.

Good advise. My other option would be to get a temp credit card to use for my trip, since my hotel is listed on my current personal CC.

I had to call them last month to make sure that I got a non-smoking room. If they lose my confirmation, I'll go all Ronan on their rears.
                        I am sure your confirmation will be fine, I can't wait to meet everyone at P3.

I am not sure where hotels stand on smoking/non-smoking rooms, but with the UK smoking laws, maybe all of the rooms will be non-smoking, not sure though???

Comment

I'm almost 100% certain that the rooms will be non-smoking. All of the UK is non-smoking in public now. That includes hotel rooms. Can anyone confirm for sure?

Comment

just wondering if anyone knows if it's the same telephone number when you call from Belgium??

Comment

Should be, just put 44 in place of the 0 at the start

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                                Should be, just put 44 in place of the 0 at the start
                                Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X