Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Soulplane at the weekend and just started cracking up when Tom Arnold told everyone his name.... Elvis Honkey..... so i thought i'd nick it cuz it sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      It took a while to find a decent link, but go to http://www.70slivekidvid.com/ & scroll down the left until you get to the HR Pufnstuff & hit the link. Lots of pics & other stuff about the show. (and apparently many more of those oldies, but goodies!) And like Bagpuss... they didn't film that many episodes... but did rerun it to death in the 70's...
      Sorry I didn't reply earlier,ShimmeringStar .
      I've looked at the site and thought,very different to Bagpuss/The Clangers !
      Visually,I mean. I've bookmarked the link so I can check out the other progs too....Thanks !
      More to the point,what did you think of the BBC Site link ?

We'll be better off discussing all this on the sulky thread ,I think.
      Sometimes a bit of nostalgia/fun helps there.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Well, I’m from the great state of Texas and proud to be a Texan. We’re known as the Lone Star State because our state flag depicts one star. We fought for and won our independence from Mexico in 1836. Put them together and you get LoneStar1836.

Ain't it a beautiful flag!
        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 29 June 2005, 01:33 PM.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Hm...is it confessing time yet? I'll confess, then....I'm a geek/nerd type of woman (can't call myself a girl, I turn 32 next Sunday...), and some people also think I'm gender confused - just because I have no preference for who I fall in love with (gender-wise, I mean ) -my user name is actually my real first name (Alexandra) in its Arabic version - I'm a linguist and Egyptologist and love to stay in Egypt, where they tend to call me Iskandra. It's my user name on quite a few boards, only not those about Ancient history - I'm ADidiaMattiaca there, or just Mattiaca (both pseudo-Roman names; mattiaca means "woman from the Mattiaci", who were a tribe of mixed Celtic/Germanic descent living where I live...) Meaning I'm from Germany. But I "drink beer as a native", as my friends in Wales always tell me....

And I've been on the internet since 1993, so I've had quite a few user names...

F.H.BAGPUSS: I have a Bagpuss keyring that I really love...unfortunately, no one in Germany even *knows* who Bagpuss is...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
          ~CELLO!~
          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I made mine up in the whole "spur of the moment" thingNuby's my fav stereotypical bad guy...and jack's my name..so go figure
            Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
            O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
              Don't know where my username came from, I know I got it from something I just don't know where. Yup, I have a good memory!

Huzzah! Other Donnie Darko fans! It's a good movie to creep people out with. I showed it to a bunch of people and basically just told them about Frank, which they thought was funny. By the end of the movie they were basically dumbfounded.
              I'd be one of those people, that movie really does creep me out! My sister loves it, she just got it on dvd, though sometimes I think she just puts it on to annoy me!

As for my username, it's just short for Shelbourne Football Club, the team I support. Check out the sig!

Comment

"Niniel" is Sindarin (->Lord Of The Rings) and means "Tränenmädchen" in German!
                I guess in English it would be "tearful girl"!

Though I'm easy in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Maat: is the Egyptian goddess/personification of Truth and Justice, two concepts I consider to be important.
                  I've wondered about that for quite a while, thanks for answering my (unspoken) question. The screen name of a friend of mine is "Bastet".
                  Wikipedia tells me that "In the underworld, Ma'at's headband supplied the Feather of Truth..." - feather of truth... would be a nice name, too. Lots of "th"s there (see below).

Originally posted by Nolamom
                  I've been "Nolamom" for 14-15 years now. Ever since my then-pre-teen daughter tried to get my attention while out shopping. Since there were at leat 8,000 other "Moms" around, she used my real first name and added mom.
                  That's a cute story. And "Nola" is a nice name, too. Just like

Originally posted by Faith
                  Faith is one of my 5 yr olds middle names.
                  I love names with "th" in them. "Seth" and "Samantha" are just adorable.

@SexyLadyBoy: Gotta agree to MartoufMarty - I think not many people would've had the guts to say what you said and I thank you (as everyone else) for sharing, giving up a bit of your anonymity. It's really interesting to read your stories, to get to know some more about the people whose usernames you read frequently.

Originally posted by Niniel
                  "Niniel" is Sindarin (->Lord Of The Rings) and means "Tränenmädchen" in German! I guess in English it would be "tearful girl"!
                  Another beautiful name. Also sounds a bit like "Daniel" (although I, of course, have no idea how to pronounce it, but the last four letters are the same). I'd prefer "teargirl" to "tearful girl", though, the latter sounds like "crybaby". It sounds great in German, anyway.

Comment

Another beautiful name.
                    Thanks!

although I, of course, have no idea how to pronounce it, but the last four letters are the same
                    You hit it!
                    You pronouce it the same as you pronouce "Daniel"!

BTW, sorry for my bad English!

Comment

Don't worry I'm sure your english is better than my german..
                      Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                      O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Let's see...Sarcazmo The Clown... it's not really a deep and enthralling tale.
                        I have a very dry, sarcastic, sence of humor and there is very little that I won't joke about. (Religion, politics, exboyfriends who's names still bring smiles to my face and tears to my eyes...nothing is sacred.)
                        One day (earlier this year actually) A friend of my mom's who is not the brightest crayon in the box, called and said she needed to ask us something and thought we'd know cuz we were Irish and what she was wondering was if there was something on the next Monday that had to do with Ireland... well, it was Saturday, MARCH 15. Monday was the 17th. So being the *ahem* (add your own favorite adjective here...don't worry, I've heard worse) that I am, I looked up at my sister (who was realying the question to my mom across the house) and yelled IT'S SAINT FRIGGING PATRICK'S DAY!!! What do you MEAN is there anything IRISH going on on Monday? To which my sister answered, "Thankyou, Sarcazmo" and continued to explain to me that what the woman was really asking was if there was some sort of special St. Paddy's Day celebration being done IN Ireland or by our family...
                        Not only that, but I can't leave well enough alone...EVER...I made jokes about my grandmother AT HER FUNERAL...if I can think ofa joke, I'll say it...no matter what. I'm probably going to Hell for some of the jokes I've made during Mass, so...
                        - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                        THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                        BM: "Aren't they all?"
                        www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                        www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

I was Korben Dallas, after 'The Fifth Element', but after running around on a certain website that allowed multiple people to have the exact same name, I changed it to this. I always thought dire wolfs were pretty neat..
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyLadyBoy
                            My username?

I'm a boy, but I desperately want to be a girl.

It's that simple.

Now, I know lots of people will automatically think I'm a freak, but I can't help that.

I've spent the past year living as a woman and it's been marvelous. Honestly, nobody would ever guess I'm actually a man...and someday I won't be anymore. I long for that day.

Anyway, I'm new to this forum and I hope everybody will accept me for who I am. In the past, I've found it difficult to be accepted when I'm honest about who I am---both online and in my "real" life---but I just don't want to lie anymore, to myself or anyone else.
                            I admire your bravery. Enjoy your time here and don't worry about whether or not we'll accept you...we already have .

At the risk of sounding unforgivably cliché..."You go girl!"
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Nothing original in my nick... Started using it as a channel op on Undernet about 10 years ago, but since have lost interest in IRC. Gary's my real name and I'm a USAF Master Sergeant, hence the Sgt on my name. Gets kinda old with everyone calling me Sergeant "Last Name" all day.
                              A top-secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a stargate. (Marty)
                              Sounds like a good idea for a TV show - if you're into that sort of thing. (O'Neill)

Comment

This is great reading how the screen names came about. I am always looking at them and thinkinghow clever and why didn't I think of something like that.

Mine is the most unimaginative of all. I wanted something simple, easy to remember, and one that would be work on other forums besides a Stargate one. My cat's names are Klancie and Higgins, so Kl + iggins and we have Kliggins.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X