This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veneticuss
    Well, i remember i've heard the word Veneticus somewhere. Cant remember though where when etc etc. Does anybody perhaps knows??
    Google gave me a link that says Iacobus Veneticus (James of Venice - shouldn't it be Jacob?) translated one of Aristotle's works into Latin. As you can tell from the sound of it that it's Latin, it sounds quite "sophisticated", IMO. And Venice is always good, really great city, I have to say, although I've only been there once so far.

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
    I would have, but that one was taken! *grin*
    Yeah, plus everybody would've thought you're a guy. MartoufMarty doesn't appreciate it, so perhaps you wouldn't either.

Comment

wow fascinating thread....mine's really boring...my name, plus the first letter of my last name. i use it everywhere, not just in stargate, or even fandom..i like people to know who i am so when i pop up they can say 'don't i know you from....'. actually, that would probably work better if i'd chosen a more memorable screen name
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I came up with the name at another board. I'm a geology major in college now, but I've been interested in fossils for as long as I can remember, paticularly Trilobites. I was also really into Star Wars (stilll am) and I just took Jedi + Trilobite = JediTrilobite. Three hundred million years old and not retired yet! I've since used it on other boardss and for my weblog. I guess it's my call sign on line.

Wow, that was horrible...
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Axle is uses the same first letters as a short form of my name (Alexander -> Alex -> Axle) How I came to use it was from my time at McDonalds when another Alex started working there. So the mangers needed some way of calling each of us without both of us responding, so I ended up with Axle, and the other Alex was called Captain Nemo. Well it just sort of stuck, even after Capt. Nemo left.

I first started using it on the Internet in my sympatico email address (axle_007...) and it's in various forms Axle, Capt_Axle, Axle007, & Axle81401
          Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
          www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
          2 Cor 4:7

Comment

there's this bloke running around who's user name is 'lionel pendergrast rules'. anyone know the story behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
              there's this bloke running around who's user name is 'lionel pendergrast rules'. anyone know the story behind that?
              I guess he really likes Lionel Pendergast.

Mine's a variation on the theme of an old University nick. Suffice to say it's tea related.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                I guess he really likes Lionel Pendergast.
                but who is lionel pendergast? is this something i should know? some american thing that i've never heard off?

Mine's a variation on the theme of an old University nick. Suffice to say it's tea related.
                i noticed while at university, i drank an inordinate amount of tea. i think i guess how you got your name, if it's tea related.

Comment

but who is lionel pendergast? is this something i should know? some american thing that i've never heard off?
                  He's the new commander of the Prometheus, as of New Order. Ah, Google; so easy to seem omniscient.

i noticed while at university, i drank an inordinate amount of tea. i think i guess how you got your name, if it's tea related.
                  More to do with having tea, or more accurately having enough space and mugs for everyone. As a result, my room became a sort of Mecca for my friends, hence...

The Mr is a late addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    He's the new commander of the Prometheus, as of New Order. Ah, Google; so easy to seem omniscient.
                    damn, you'd think i would have known that, wouldn't you? there goes my all-knowing stargate fan status. thanks for letting me know though.

More to do with having tea, or more accurately having enough space and mugs for everyone. As a result, my room became a sort of Mecca for my friends, hence...

The Mr is a late addition.
                    that's pretty much what i thought..i had thought it came from knowing just when to shout 'anyone want a cup of tea?' so basically the same thing, sort of.

Comment

Critter is a term that I use lovingly to refer to my kids. It brings to mind warm and fuzzy thoughts. So I thought I'd use it for myself...not that I'm always warm and fuzzy mind you. My kids aren't either for that matter.
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                        Critter is a term that I use lovingly to refer to my kids. It brings to mind warm and fuzzy thoughts. So I thought I'd use it for myself...not that I'm always warm and fuzzy mind you. My kids aren't either for that matter.

isn't there a film called critters? and aren't they evil in it? .....whoops, maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that.

Comment

isn't there a film called critters? and aren't they evil in it? .....whoops, maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that.
                          And here I thought you were my friend....
                          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                            And here I thought you were my friend....
                            well, i did stop before i got to the bit about the teeth...

Comment

well, i did stop before i got to the bit about the teeth...
                              I did tell you that I am not always warm and fuzzy...must you get personal?
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

But they're not actually Critters; they're Krites.

Comment

Working...
                                X