This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanssong View Post

What skiffy does with the commercials for the show is all their own doing, the SGA PTB's have no say in them at all. Many times they are completely misleading.

Skiffy's (or whoever makes them) ads are the worst. I was watching the syndicated SG1 today and they had an ad for next week - it's the one where the BA'al's are building bombs on earth. Anyway, they're all worried - he's made bombs, then they conclude with Sam giong "The building is the bomb." Hello? let's give away the climax of the show. They're ALWAYS doing that. Instead of 'an evil lurks in an ancient underwater base,' they immediately show the wraith queen on Submersion.

And most ads - like movie trailers -are misleading. You can read into 'em what you want and there isn't a single kiss scene in SG1 or SGA that shippers have squealed over.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      Excuse me, but I'm gonna have to say out of all the ways to out Weir. That's just one lame way to do it. She get's wraithed?! What in zeew's name is that about?! At least Beckett got glory, they're giving Weir a wraith...and she just stands there and takes it?! Of all the...Okay, so I have more faith in the writers than this.
      What makes you think she gets Wraithed?

"First Strike" SPOILERS:
      Spoiler:
      She actually gets turned into a crispy critter by an Asuran energy beam. I assume she lives for the first four eps and either 1) dies, 2) ascends using the device Rodney found, or 3) gets shipped back to Earth for recovery and falls into the same plot hole Bates did.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
        What makes you think she gets Wraithed?

"First Strike" SPOILERS:
        Spoiler:
        She actually gets turned into a crispy critter by an Asuran energy beam. I assume she lives for the first four eps and either 1) dies, 2) ascends using the device Rodney found, or 3) gets shipped back to Earth for recovery and falls into the same plot hole Bates did.
        CRISPY CRITTER!!

Oh, oh...make it stop, the laughter...it hurts!! It hurts!!
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

CRISPY CRITTER!!

Oh, oh...make it stop, the laughter...it hurts!! It hurts!!
          Love the smileys! Glad you found what you were looking for!
          sigpic

Comment

Interesting little sneak peek at Season 4, I'll say that.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              Love the smileys! Glad you found what you were looking for!
              Thanks P, you can take them if you want! I'm a sharer! Is "sharer" a word?! I'm having an episode I think.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Interesting little sneak peek at Season 4, I'll say that.
              I know, wait until they feed us a second dosage. I'm preparing for palpitations.

Comment

I know, wait until they feed us a second dosage. I'm preparing for palpitations.
                Indeed! It's nice just to get a better grasp on where they seem to be taking the show.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond sooner FW... Excuse me, but I'm gonna have to say out of all the ways to out Weir. That's just one lame way to do it. She get's wraithed?! What in zeew's name is that about?! At least Beckett got glory, they're giving Weir a wraith...and she just stands there and takes it?! Of all the...Okay, so I have more faith in the writers than this. I'm sure if they have to out her so viciously they'll do it with some level of glory---like ascension then she can be with those she loves most...The Ancients.
                  Yea, I agree that if Weir is fed by a Wraith it will be the most disgusting way to kick her off. I hope JM is not planning something that stupid.

And about this scene of Sheppard and Larrin...am I the only one who thinks this is the repeat of Sheppard and Chaya - the ascended Ancient from Season 1??!! I thought they have learnt from this mistake.
                  LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                  Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                  http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                  My fan fiction

Comment

Did Shep look like he wanted that kiss?

I suggest you look closely and note that Wraith pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                      And about this scene of Sheppard and Larrin...am I the only one who thinks this is the repeat of Sheppard and Chaya - the ascended Ancient from Season 1??!! I thought they have learnt from this mistake.
                      I didn't want to go there, but yeah. The same thing sort of crossed my mind, except she has a gun.

Or watch the hug scene, doesn't it remind you of a revisiting of The Gift. Same angle for John's room, same sort of lighting, Teyla running to his room in her nightmare. His look was even the same like in the sparring scene.

I think when JM said they would look at what worked and what didn't, they might have went a bit far. I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt. Just be happy it's not Teer. I liked Epiphany a lot, but that girl made me nervous. She was stalker material!

To be fair, everything is completely different...but in some odd way reminiscint.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

PG let's be realistic. It could go either way when you look at the scene. By the way, John's hands were free because I saw his arms at her waist.

I'm not in any way implying Kirking, but I will say that it could be John wanting it and using it to his advantage or it could be John getting lip raped at gun point.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Well, *watching again* Sheppard was kissing her when she pushed the pistol to stop him. I don't believe this is the scene where Sheppard opps I meant Kirk is raped.

[QUOTE=vaberella;6759849]I didn't want to go there, but yeah. The same thing sort of crossed my mind, except she has a gun.

Or watch the hug scene, doesn't it remind you of a revisiting of The Gift. Same angle for John's room, same sort of lighting, Teyla running to his room in her nightmare. His look was even the same like in the sparring scene.

I think when JM said they would look at what worked and what didn't, they might have went a bit far. I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt. Just be happy it's not Teer. I liked Epiphany a lot, but that girl made me nervous. She was stalker material!

To be fair, everything is completely different...but in some odd way reminiscint.
                        [QUOTE]

It seems that Sheppard succeeded to charm/encounter with the most dangerous - Chaya, Larrin, Wraith Queens - and stupidest - the princess from Tower - women in that galaxy!
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

I didn't want to go there, but yeah. The same thing sort of crossed my mind, except she has a gun.
                          PG let's be realistic. It could go either way when you look at the scene. By the way, John's hands were free because I saw his arms at her waist.

I'm not in any way implying Kirking, but I will say that it could be John wanting it and using it to his advantage or it could be John getting lip raped at gun point.
                          I'd be happy to get lip raped by Jill Wagner anyday! I knew I should have wrote JM and told him I was available to be JF's stand in for his scenes with Jill! I would have purposely messed-up the kissing scene in order to do it over and over and over again!! I have only seen the caps and heard the sound, so I'll take you word for it how it looked in motion. My 6.5 year old Win 98SE computer is not up to the task. Thankfully, I only have to wait less than a week to get a new Win Vista one. Then all you guys watch out!!!

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                          Both characters were played by actresses who starred opposite Blade in a movie or TV series. Does this mean Jessica Biel is going to be on a SGA episode and kiss Sheppard?

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                          If anyone wants to see screencaps of the vid go here.
                          Thanks again for posting these vid caps!!!! I wish I knew how to say thanks in Portugese!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                            Further proof would be on the MGM site that had the clip - the MGM Atlantis homepage has a "ship" poll and Shep/Teyla isn't even listed.
                            This so-called poll? Did it have slash at all or was it all het as usual?

EDIT: OK I saw it... talk about your PUSH POLLING!!!

*cough* I like voting. I vote early and often as I think most shippers do. *meow*

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Yes, Carter's hair is now long so she pulls it back (thank goodness). The G4 screencaps show how long it is. Visit http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/61853.html for caps.

Don't know what the Shep-Teyla hug was about but I'm looking forward to that as it looks like we're going to finally get some emotional depth.

Most of us probably do watch the shows live. Darned problem is none of us are Neilsen members, so we don't count squat.
                              Wow I'm amazed that you know everyone here so well to know that there are no Neilsen homes represented here.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                                Thanks again for posting these vid caps!!!! I wish I knew how to say thanks in Portugese!!!
                                You are welcome! And thanks in Portuguese is 'obrigado'.
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X