This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
    well..if SGA doesn't get a season 5 I suggest you start watching HEROES..cuz That show is mind blowing and doesn't need thousands of ppl to sustain it! hahah
    Some shows don't needs show runners personally begging fans to watch the show and recruit new watchers.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
      You mean this:
      That's the one, I wished it moved.

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
      I suspect this is the way to kick her off the show.
      Sorry I didn't respond sooner FW... Excuse me, but I'm gonna have to say out of all the ways to out Weir. That's just one lame way to do it. She get's wraithed?! What in zeew's name is that about?! At least Beckett got glory, they're giving Weir a wraith...and she just stands there and takes it?! Of all the...Okay, so I have more faith in the writers than this. I'm sure if they have to out her so viciously they'll do it with some level of glory---like ascension then she can be with those she loves most...The Ancients.

I'm sure there must be Stargates in the world they live.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Didnt seem too confident on the possibility of a s5 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
          Didnt seem too confident on the possibility of a s5 or more.
          PM didn't seem confident. JM was definitely confident, if not out right arrogant. I really like that guy.

Comment

any news on when we see part 2??
            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
              any news on when we see part 2??
              I suspect next week for the next episode??

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                I wish there was an emoticon that laughed so much it cried. I love this statement.
                Well, it is not laughing until crying but it does laugh until it explodes!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  PM didn't seem confident. JM was definitely confident, if not out right arrogant. I really like that guy.
                  Yeah JM was confident. I hope JM's arrogance pays off.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much thought into that Shep/Teyla hug. Remember when SciFi was showing that Weir/Shep kiss over and over on their commercials and the Weir/Shep shippers were going nuts? It ended up being nothing, as this will probably be as well. Further proof would be on the MGM site that had the clip - the MGM Atlantis homepage has a "ship" poll and Shep/Teyla isn't even listed.

Carter looked good. She may just fit in after all.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                      I wouldn't put too much thought into that Shep/Teyla hug. Remember when SciFi was showing that Weir/Shep kiss over and over on their commercials and the Weir/Shep shippers were going nuts? It ended up being nothing, as this will probably be as well. Further proof would be on the MGM site that had the clip - the MGM Atlantis homepage has a "ship" poll and Shep/Teyla isn't even listed.

Oh, don't forget the Sam/Jack kiss from that episode, um, "Grace." Lasted longer on the ad and was another AU thing. Hopefully they will not ship any SGA characters with others; I'd rather see deep friendships than fast rolls in the hay.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Oh, don't forget the Sam/Jack kiss from that episode, um, "Grace." Lasted longer on the ad and was another AU thing. Hopefully they will not ship any SGA characters with others; I'd rather see deep friendships than fast rolls in the hay.
                        Friendship or a fast roll in the hay. Those are the only alternatives? Well I guess if that were my definition of ship, I'd be against it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          Well, it is not laughing until crying but it does laugh until it explodes!

Good enough!! Thanks Pocus.

You don't get the point. Teyla initiated physical embrace, I'm not even counting the head touches. Something which has never been seen on SGA from S1-S3. That's her people's customs. What does a physical embrace like that mean for Athosians, when she didn't even give that consideration to Halling in Hide and Seek?! That's why the hug is such an issue. Who cares about shippiness when that deals specifically around character development?!

And this is why there is so much stock in the embrace, besides that it's just another display of the connections that TPTB will be focusing on with the Team in S4.

You can marginalize it all you want. But this, is extremely significant; if only for Teyla.
                          <snip> Hopefully they will not ship any SGA characters with others; I'd rather see deep friendships than fast rolls in the hay.
                          It's unlikely to see this unless it's the end. At the moment it's not the end of SGA so that's unlikely, not to mention right now the focus is on building and solidifying the relationships. Even if they may invovle romantic feelings as well, it will not be displayed as a sexual action. Or "rolls in the hay" as you put it.

SGA is not about that, it's about the Team and the enemies. Relationships are bound to happen, and I wouldn't find some romantic entanglement unrealistic, especially between team members. You trust the person with your life and your being. You appreciate them, and if you like the opposite sex, well..things happen. So I'm not gonna say anything bad on that. Look at ER--everyone was basically macking everyone; and they still had high ratings. But whatever!!

If there is authority issue...maybe. But if we're looking at John and Teyla they are both independent agents. Teyla just makes a choice to follow the Atlantis team and there for John. But she is not bound to them by any law or jurisdiction.

As established in Trinity, Teyla and Ronon follow their own rules and laws. So as such they are free independent agents who help the main character guy. So if Ronon or Teyla were to have something with Shep....I won't have a problem. This goes ditto for Rodney/Shep or any other mix match you want to do.

I think again it's just unrealistic to thnk they wouldn't reach that level eventually. But I do agree I don't want to bloody see it early on. I'm okay with subtlety and actions, I can tolerate a few words, as long it's not cheesy. Really, overall good development WITHOUT OTT hand swinging as pink bunnies dance and cats meow.

Comment

If the sweirs were celebrating over the commercials showing the kiss, they didn't listen to the words that went with it. It was known from the beginning that it wasn't a kiss between Shep and Weir. That was their own fault for getting excited over nothing.

The hug that was shown in the clip on MGM went along with JM's commentary that relationships would be revealed in S4. That wasn't an accident. As long as this is really Teyla and John hugging, (and we have no reason to believe otherwise) I think it's significant.

What skiffy does with the commercials for the show is all their own doing, the SGA PTB's have no say in them at all. Many times they are completely misleading.

As for that silly poll, I wouldn't put any stock in it at all. It looked to me as if the canon ships were left out. There was no place to vote for Katie/Rodney either.

Comment

No it wasnt. AU would describe an alternate universe ie, Point of View. Grace was a dream ep, totally different. As to shipping I actually hope for Shep/Teyla ship and really hope some Jack/Sam ship comes to play.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                No it wasnt. AU would describe an alternate universe ie, Point of View. Grace was a dream ep, totally different. As to shipping I actually hope for Shep/Teyla ship and really hope some Jack/Sam ship comes to play.
                                True, dream, which is basically AU in some respects. In other words, it never really happened. Hopefully they'll let Shep and Teyla remain friends and not do the Moonlighting route with them. And Jack/Sam ship shoudl be left for the Sg1 movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X