This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    What makes you think that S4 will get any better ratings than the back half of S3? Obviously people don't watch this "crap TV show" anymore so why would they start in the fall.
    If that's the case, then people don't watch a lot of tv, in general. Is it me or do people choose to not register that ratings are crap across the board? And SGA is always in the top 5 if not the top 3 for scifi if not cable network show.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
      I'm sure this screen cap that might have bugged ya after you seen the clip from what JM and PM talking about season 4, hence it still bugs me to think that mysterious person with long hair standing in front of lantean door, some how wraith shows up. look at this picture

Spoiler:

I thought it was weir, I wasn't very sure about that

beside the rest of that season 4 sneak peek scenes looks great IMO... hmmm about that hug scene, it looks like teyla is very concerned for sheppard and gave him hug to show her support for him in angst moment. Hmm I'm still looking foward to it. Something tells me about that hug scene may be from adrift either lifeline ep. who knows its right one

I watched the video and I think this is Weir. It looks like her - slim figure, dark hair in her hairstyle.
      LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
      Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
      http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
      My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        You call that begging? Sounded to me like JM was having a laugh. But each to their own.
        I agree with this statement. He first says, if they have one million viewers. And if we get 5,000 or 10,000 give or take on average to watch S5 is a done deal.

I was like 5,000 or 10,000 out of 1 million is not even 1/10. I was like we just need 1/10th of the viewers who watch Painkiller Jane and we got S5. How insulting?! It was just good commentary on his part.

Contention is sought wherever, so most ignore his comments as a whole.

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
        I watched the video and I think this is Weir. It looks like her - slim figure, dark hair in her hairstyle.
        So what? Weir gets wraithed or something? Why couldn't it be Larrin, doesn't she help with the wraith battle in the 3 parter. I could be wrong. I thought she showed in Spoils of War.

But it could be Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          But...three seasons later and TPTB still think the show hasn't gelled? 60 episodes? 2520 minutes? What were they doing this whole time? Very worrisome.
          Yeah, it is. I've seen shows on half that length of time who have a better handle on characters and storylines. The trouble is they were doing two shows at once, and the rushing show in a lower quality product. Now, with only one show to produce, there's no excuse for copying SG1 scripts, etc. They've got the time, etc. to do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Yeah, it is. I've seen shows on half that length of time who have a better handle on characters and storylines. The trouble is they were doing two shows at once, and the rushing show in a lower quality product. Now, with only one show to produce, there's no excuse for copying SG1 scripts, etc. They've got the time, etc. to do a better job.
            Agreed and I understand their point of view with two shows.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post

So what? Weir gets wraithed or something? Why couldn't it be Larrin, doesn't she help with the wraith battle in the 3 parter. I could be wrong. I thought she showed in Spoils of War.

But it could be Weir.
              I suspect this is the way to kick her off the show.
              LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
              Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
              http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
              My fan fiction

Comment

If anyone wants to see screencaps of the vid go here.
                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                Sig and avi by me
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  someone said
                  I guess the biggest thing for me when I watched the clip the first time was that I was taken aback by the focus on Keller. To be completely honest, I'm not really excited about the character and hadn't paid much attention to anything said about her. So, the idea that she's got a character focused episode made me shake my head a little. I'd much rather see things focused elsewhere, on established characters who've been around longer and not that much character focus.

It's a sad fact that TPTB and Skiffy concentrate on promoting the (ack) 'fresh' new faces - this time being Keller and for some unfathomable reason, Carter. I really wish we'd get more on Shep and the established team. It's the time-honored short-sighted let's develop the new kid on the block almost immediately syndrome, but then that also comes with shoving them in the background pretty quickly afterwards. We can hope that in season 4, the writers statements about character development ring true, but then I keep thinking how they developed Carter in sg1 - boyfriends.
                  That was me. And yes, that is my concern. If they're going to develop Keller in the end then that's what they're going to do, what will be, will be. But, if they're going to do it I hope they do it well and that she does then in fact have some to contribute in other episodes. I like character focus and character development but to just develop a character for the sake of developing a character isn't always the right decision. Though I am glad that she's not going to just be thrust into Carson's spot and left hanging there.

When I really think about it it does give me so hope for the upcoming season and the character focus we're being promised. If even Keller, a reccuring character, albeit a new character, is being given an episode of focus than I can only imagine what the main and established cast is being handed.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I said meh earlier cos to be honest I no longer really care one way or the other about s4 anymore...I'm more interested in Heroes now.

What I liked:

-Keller - she looks like a character that could grow on me
                    -The hug between John and Teyla - I very interested in the Teyla story this year...it's the main reason I'm tuning back in

What I didn't like:

-The 'forgetting Carson' comment was a low blow and a bit of a kick in the teeth in my opinion
                    -Carter and McKay. Together. I'm most looking forward to seeing how Carter and Sheppard get on together. I don't want the McCarter show.
                    -Sheppard's kirking with Larrin...though TPTB had learned that lesson with s2
                    -Complete lack of a mention for Weir
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

Joe M. sounds completely different than I thought he would.
                      Let me guess...you thought he'd have a deep voice and his eyes would glow every few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Let me guess...you thought he'd have a deep voice and his eyes would glow every few seconds.
                        I wish there was an emoticon that laughed so much it cried. I love this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          LMAO. that is EXACTLY what I thought..lol

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

anybody else worried that they said we all need to get 5 or 10 THOUSAND more people to watch for there to be a season 5? stargate and lost are the only 2 shows i watch regularly. i'd be really annoyed if atlantis is over after season 4

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              I wish there was an emoticon that laughed so much it cried. I love this statement.
                              You mean this:
                              My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                              Sig and avi by me
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rpmguitar View Post
                                anybody else worried that they said we all need to get 5 or 10 THOUSAND more people to watch for there to be a season 5? stargate and lost are the only 2 shows i watch regularly. i'd be really annoyed if atlantis is over after season 4
                                we will see, it's possible that if they play their cards right--we can get those viewrs...all they need is good story lines and more promoting.

well..if SGA doesn't get a season 5 I suggest you start watching HEROES..cuz That show is mind blowing and doesn't need thousands of ppl to sustain it! hahah

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                                X