This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Um, Welcome to GW and don't take this the wrong way but are you saying you only watch SGA 'cause you felt obliged? Even now you are not that much of a fan?

I think this is the problem, SGA fans hate some stuff about the show but we don't feel any obligation to SG-1 or the franchise, we like SGA as SGA. Many of us *no not all* see SGA as having little to do with SG-1 and like it that way... the influx if you will, of SG-1 fans like your self who are somehow begrudgingly supporting SGA because either SG-1 has ended or because they luv Sam does not make many SGA fans happy *increase of ratings or not* it just adds to the anxiety that the show will change for the worse and in the end be a carbon copy of what SG-1 fans want to see.

Well said!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
      Actually I wasn't talking about the numbers. I was talking about the fact that he has to ask. And SGA's ratings are very low. Last time I looked up ratings for an episode, they were 1.1. I'm sure they're not much better for other episodes. That is not going to keep SGA on the air.

Hah last I remember, BSG, Lost, and Heroes were way above SGA. I'm not going to mention other popular shows, since I don't watch them but probably should.
      Again his asking was a joke. That was my point from the beginning.
      You need to update yourself on some of the news...it's on the front page of GW. As for the 1.1 that was Tao of McKay I believe, which was about 2-3 eps ago...they've maintained a 1.2 rating so far.

Heroes reruns on scifi are tied with SGA. As for Heroes and Lost, they're on primetime networks and aren't compared to the cable show ratings (that I know of) or Scifi's ratings in paticular. SGA is always in the top 3 or 5 for scifi shows. I think beating out BSG several times.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Haha 1.2 omg that must be a record breaker.

Comment

Haha 1.2 omg that must be a record breaker.
          Compared to how the other cable tv shows are doing or just scifi tv shows in general. You hit on the head...it bloody is record breaking!

Comment

Actually I wasn't talking about the numbers. I was talking about the fact that he has to ask. And SGA's ratings are very low. Last time I looked up ratings for an episode, they were 1.1. I'm sure they're not much better for other episodes. That is not going to keep SGA on the air.

Hah last I remember, BSG, Lost, and Heroes were way above SGA. I'm not going to mention other popular shows, since I don't watch them but probably should.
            Exactly, the fact that he has to ask.

I have another example of a show whose creators don't need to beg fans to watch. It's shown on cable TV, not on public so it can be compared - The Closer on TNT. The two-hour finale of last season had 5.4 million viewers. The 2nd season averaged 6.6 million viewers. (New season starts in a week. )

Now let's compare this with SGA, shall we?
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

What Joe was saying was for every 1 person out of the million to get 5,000 or 10,000 of their friendes to watch, meaning SGA would have 5-10 billion viewers. Considering there are only about 6billion people in the world, I think he was joking. Not certain mind, but I think so.

Yeah, what Joe is taking the p***. But vaberella, Erised won't see this because s/he is anti s4, and wants the show to fail, and as such will ignore facts/evidence that explain ratings/statements.

On a more positive note, Atlantis won both the awards it was nominated for at the Spacey Awards last night

Comment

Then you remember wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Compared to how the other cable tv shows are doing or just scifi tv shows in general. You hit on the head...it bloody is record breaking!
                  Now this is funny.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Is The Closer on scifi? Nope, TNT as you said. Cause that's pretty much my point when I said in paticular scifi. They're using those ratings.

Further more, that's terrible comparison, since when you claimed the show was fantastical, or at least the show you remembered and loved. It only got around 2.1 maybe 2.2's on average, and by season 2 1.8 on average or so?! So it would never even match The Closer.

I'm trying to see your point? You're not making SGA look any worse. Again, it was obviously a joke. But then people will probably milk that comment until the show is cancelled, as some have hoped.
                    Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Yeah, what Joe is taking the p***. But vaberella, Erised won't see this because s/he is anti s4, and wants the show to fail, and as such will ignore facts/evidence that explain ratings/statements.

On a more positive note, Atlantis won both the awards it was nominated for at the Spacey Awards last night
                    Yeah, I'm realizing this. Oh that's great news. What are the Spacey Awards? I'm all urbanized New York---we don't know anything about Spacey Awards!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Then you remember wrong.
                      Yep. BSG, the so called 'best sci fi show on TV' by many people, including critics, had ratings at the same level of Atlantis at this point of it's third season.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                        And if PKJ can get a second season with .9 or a .8, SGA has NOTHING to worry about since it's always in the top 3 or top 5 of cable eps or scifi shows.
                        PKJ undoubtedly has a lower budget than SGA. Lower budget shows can get away with lower ratings.

SG1 and SGA are not the top shows on skiffy anymore - ECW always beats it and recently even the skiffy original Saturday movies have consistently been getting better ratings. So I'm not sure how they could be considered the top cable shows. They're getting the same ratings that the similarly-expensive BSG did, and BSG is over after s4.

Sorry, a 1.2 is definitely not record breaking. Many trot out how skiffy had the best ratings yet for a May, but fail to state how skiffy didn't show original programming in the Mays before that.

Comment

^^ It may be lower budget but the show barely has viewers. If this was on ABC it would have been eliminated on it's first day with those ratings. I don't know how any show lives on that.

In regards to ECW and SGA, ECW is only making 1.6, even it's stats from last season have greatly fallen. An amount not much more significant on average. And since it's wrestling, which I still have to ask what it's doing on scifi? When SGA is compared to the other Scifi originals, SGA still tops those even if they fall behind a few scifi films. Again Heroes, a hot to trot show, is making 1.2 just like SGA on it's reruns. SGA is basically on reruns for me too, since a good majority of people found other ways to watch the second half of S3.

Just for the above, I do find it's status record breaking because I never even pegged Atlantis to even crest 1.0, still remaining on Scifi's top 3, and doing so well with basically zero or incorrect publicity.

Originally posted by Celcool
                          It's another cable TV as I said thus, it can be compared. Well, I pretty much dismissed your absurd claim that 1.2 could ever be record breaking.
                          ~shrugs~ I guess we're even. Most of your claims are absurd to me.

Long live S4.
                          Last edited by vaberella; 11 June 2007, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            They're getting the same ratings that the similarly-expensive BSG did, and BSG is over after s4.
                            You say we fail to state facts, yet you fail to state a hugew fact here that could very well work in Atlantis' favour:

The fact that sci fi didn't cancel it, the producers did. And the fact that Sci fi has now lost two of their highest rated shows, means they will likely want to hold onto what will be one of the few high rating sci fi shows that is left on that channel. Had sci fi had to choose between keeping Atlantis and keeping BSG, they would have chose BSG, because they created it. Now that the producers have decided to end it, they will have more incentive to keep Atlantis. Not to mention the fact that Atlantis is one of it's top rated shows, oh and won both the awards it was nominated for at the Spacy Awards yesterday. Sure they may not be the Emmys, but when it beats BSG, 24, Lost and Heroes (especially when it got 37% of the vote), you gotta take notice. BSG cam second with 26%.

BTW guys, Joe Mallozzi has recently said in his blog that if the worst comes to the worst, MGM will find a way to continue the adventures of Atlantis. I don't think we will have to worry about that. I guess we will see in... a month or two? Or three?

Comment

guys, stop ragging on people for thier opinions.

you don't have to like them, you don't have to agree with them, but yu do have to respect them.

and if someone's opinion upsets you so much, try putting that person on ignore
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                PKJ undoubtedly has a lower budget than SGA. Lower budget shows can get away with lower ratings.
                                Good thing it's getting .8 and Atlantis is getting 1.2 then isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                                X