This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
    any idea on what date for the release of the part 2? And i don't care what you nay sayers think, but I am so keen to see season 4!

Fall is like August Septemberish right? please say they feel nice and want to do it earlier?
    sorry to disappoint but Fall doesn't really start till the end of September, that is, if you go by calendars. I suspect they'll push it until late October or NOvember. That's cuz I think Skiffy is stupid. If they were smart, they'd air all 20 episodes back to back....

someone said
    I guess the biggest thing for me when I watched the clip the first time was that I was taken aback by the focus on Keller. To be completely honest, I'm not really excited about the character and hadn't paid much attention to anything said about her. So, the idea that she's got a character focused episode made me shake my head a little. I'd much rather see things focused elsewhere, on established characters who've been around longer and not that much character focus.

It's a sad fact that TPTB and Skiffy concentrate on promoting the (ack) 'fresh' new faces - this time being Keller and for some unfathomable reason, Carter. I really wish we'd get more on Shep and the established team. It's the time-honored short-sighted let's develop the new kid on the block almost immediately syndrome, but then that also comes with shoving them in the background pretty quickly afterwards. We can hope that in season 4, the writers statements about character development ring true, but then I keep thinking how they developed Carter in sg1 - boyfriends.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      They didn't even mention Weir once. Does that mean she's completely gone?

I love Carter and I'm really excited for her to join the show, but I don't want TPTB to "pull a Ford/Jonas" with Elizabeth.
      I suspect once WEir is done with the 4th episode she's in, it will be out of sight out of mind. Yes, they'll pull a Ford/Jonas.

Comment

The anti-Carter people are going nuts. Totally over-reacting/clutching at straws.

I love the way people like that tend to ignore the things that have been said that destroy their arguments(quote by Joe and others stating she will be more of a support role, just capable of doing other things if the need does arise), and just continue whining about how she is 'taking over the show' and that the producers are stupid if they think 'people will watch such a crap TV show'. Hilarious (and in my own humble opinion a bit pathetic).

Love the video by the way PG, thanks for posting, can't wait for the rest

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
          I have to say i am more worried about the fact that season 5 might not exist!!! I hate how it is so dependent on the US rating numbers!!!...please watch the last three episodes...especially if you have one of those rating machines...and help keep this show running for the international fans who dont get a say really...

Teyla was definitely upset about something and that's why she went to john, and to me john's face showed distress regarding teyla...but who knows...guess we will have to wait and see...

Oh and carters hair?? is it long??
          Yes, Carter's hair is now long so she pulls it back (thank goodness). The G4 screencaps show how long it is. Visit http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/61853.html for caps.

Don't know what the Shep-Teyla hug was about but I'm looking forward to that as it looks like we're going to finally get some emotional depth.

Most of us probably do watch the shows live. Darned problem is none of us are Neilsen members, so we don't count squat.

Comment

Something else I notcied, the Travellers have 'an armada of ships' not just 1 like previously thought

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              that the producers are stupid if they think 'people will watch such a crap TV show'.
              What makes you think that S4 will get any better ratings than the back half of S3? Obviously people don't watch this "crap TV show" anymore so why would they start in the fall.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Yes, Carter's hair is now long so she pulls it back (thank goodness). The G4 screencaps show how long it is. Visit http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/61853.html for caps.

Don't know what the Shep-Teyla hug was about but I'm looking forward to that as it looks like we're going to finally get some emotional depth.

Most of us probably do watch the shows live. Darned problem is none of us are Neilsen members, so we don't count squat.
                ohhh thanks for the caps!!! and i like her hair long...but yes i guess it does need to be tied back...though i would prefer a pony tail

And yes if nothing else i can't wait for a bit more emotion...
                Get one of the Neilsen things then!!!
                -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

ohhh thanks for the caps!!! and i like her hair long...but yes i guess it does need to be tied back...though i would prefer a pony tail

And yes if nothing else i can't wait for a bit more emotion...
                  Get one of the Neilsen things then!!!
                  You can't get a nielsen box,. you have to be selected at random. alas, never have been, cuz if I had, reality shows would be taking a REAL hit in the ratings!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    What makes you think that S4 will get any better ratings than the back half of S3? Obviously people don't watch this "crap TV show" anymore so why would they start in the fall.
                    Thank you so much for backing me up with my point of "I love the way people like that tend to ignore the things that have been said that destroy their arguments".

SG-1 is down, Atlantis is down, BSG is down, infact pretty much all of sci-fi shows are down apart from god-damn wrestling. So if they are cancelling Atlantis on THOSE reasons, then they are going to have to cancel everything but Wrestling. Eureka, which started with something like 3.2 in tha ratings (?) is dropping and is down to 1.5.

If Atlantis ratings fell because people 'think it's crap' then EVERYONE must think EVERYTHING on that channel is crap, and it will all need cancelling.

Hmm, for SOME reason I don't see them cancelling everything though. Not sure why... let me have a think about why they WOULDN'T do that... hmm...

Comment

I thought her hair looked strange (not in a bad way, I did like it) but to me it looked like different styles mixed in the first of the two shots we get of her.

Comment

oh SGFerrit that is good to know that other shows are suffering the same fate as atlantis...and well they cant cancel every show now can they!?! wrestling...???how is that connected to the scifi channel?? anyway that is OT...
                        cant wait for part2 of the vid!
                        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

and well they cant cancel every show now can they!?! wrestling...???
                          Thats what I would like to know! I heard a while ago that sci fi were 'trying to distance themselves from sci fi shows'. Which, IMO, would prove just how stupid they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                            If Atlantis ratings fell because people 'think it's crap' then EVERYONE must think EVERYTHING on that channel is crap, and it will all need cancelling.
                            Why is there a need to beg fans to watch it then?

Hmm, for SOME reason I don't see them cancelling everything though. Not sure why... let me have a think about why they WOULDN'T do that... hmm...
                            I'll let you with your thinking. lol
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Why is there a need to beg fans to watch it then?
                              You call that begging? Sounded to me like JM was having a laugh. But each to their own.

The truth is, I don't think Atlantis is safe, I would probably place it as having an 80% chance of being renewed. That, despite being a reasonable amount, is still actually quite scary to me, considering how amazingly good I think s4 is going to be.

But I heard in the thread 'why would anyone watch that crap anymore' or something to that affect.

And that statement, is total BS. The show is watched by about 1.4m every week, despite the many reasons that could contribute to the ratings drop (which have luckily leveled off now at a level similar to other shows on the network)

And despite the shows losing viewers, they have greatly improved the channel with important demographics for this time of year, giving a great boost to the channel's new philosophy of 'all year round fresh programming'

With SG-1 gone, and BSG ending after s4, are do think that pushes up Atlantis' chance of renewal a little. I don't think they would want to lose all 3 (which are some of their biggest ratings pullers) so quickly.

I'll let you with your thinking. lol
                              Thanks, it's proving to be tremendously hard to answer. Anyone else care to provide an answer as to why a channel would not cancel ALL their shows? Sorry if I'm asking too much, yes it is an amazingly hard question and could take weeks, perhapse even months of scientific and mathematical research to answer.

I will be contacting Stephen Hawking tonight, and am hoping to hire a medium to get in touch with the souls of Einstein and Nobel to once and for all come up with an explanation to this query of mammoth proportions.

Comment

Nice vid, pretty much backed up my expectations for early s4. Shep never seems to like it when women hug him, huh?

But...three seasons later and TPTB still think the show hasn't gelled? 60 episodes? 2520 minutes? What were they doing this whole time? Very worrisome.

Joe M. sounds completely different than I thought he would.

Comment

Working...
                                X